11 & 15......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......COMING HOME TO A FREE FALL.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 0 & 3.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

CRAWFORD HITTING 2ND TONIGHT !!     IM  OK WITH THAT.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 3.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]I love it. Firts it was "it's only spring training" and now it's "it's only the first 3 games".... As Yogi once said, "It gets late early around here"
    Posted by SmileyBabe[/QUOTE]

What does "Firts" mean? You are always nitpicking everybody else for spelling and grammar.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Oops! my bad, you already corrected us on that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

bump thread back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Not losing our minds, this is just a poor team offensively, nothing from catching, third base is weak, and not good starting pitching, team can't hit. Spring training was our preview to this team. When the Sox hitters and pitchers stunk up spring training everyone said "but it is only spring training". Now that the team is 0 for 4 your saying don't lose our heads. Can't even imagine what shape the sox team will be in after the Yankee series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 0 & 5......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

THIS IS A MUST GAME TODAY !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Way too early. Watch them return to Fenway and kick serious butt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

I like to be optimistic but at this point 8 games into season, one well pitched game which is wicked scary. The other scary part is that we are stuck with Beckett and Lackey for 4 more years each. Becketts velocity is down. I remember when he came here in 2006, he threw at 97 MPH, now he is down to 92 that is 5 MPH down. Lackey is a West Coast pitcher good enough for the Western Division, not a good fit for the American League East. Matsusaka throws 110 pitches by the 5th inning, Clay Bucholtz has a good year offset by a bad year. The only bonafide starter is Lester. This team needed Cliff Lee more than Crawford but what do you do with Beckett, Lackey, Wakefield, and Matsusaka. A lot of nothing here spells a long year. This team is the worst team money can buy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 0 & 2.... IS IT TO EARLY....... : Well said with a great example. I do not know why some fans lose their minds after a couple of games or a even a mini slump. This is how baseball seasons play out. That is why they call it a grind. As stacked as the Sox, Yanks or Phillies rosters may be, they are still playing a game against other athletes who have both skills and pride. It is imperative for the lesser talented teams to get off to a flying start, but those teams that have top notch players throughout the roster can afford several losses without the end of the world being blasted into their minds. We may not like it as fans, but there is no reason for panic mode to ever set in after two games.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

What's up Jessey?  Hope the offseason was great.

I actually think Texas has a far more stacked lineup than NY, Bos, or Phi.  Wait till the Yanks get these guys; that lineup is pure brutality. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It gets late early around here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc52jc. Show jc52jc's posts

1-161

jc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 1 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

WE HAVE TURNED THE CORNER, WELCOME HOME GUYS !!!   TITO, GREAT JOB YESTERDAY.... THEO, IM GLAD THAT YOU GOT MY MEMO ON THE B-PEN CHANGES, GOOD MOVE, SON !!! GO SOX, BEAT THOSE YANK$, AGAIN !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

It is an extra bad day for Billy boy.  Not only are the Sox off to a dreadful start but Glenn Beck has been canned by Fox.  I wonder who will do Bill's thinking for him now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

Best

Team

EVAH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dehud. Show dehud's posts

Pedroia excepted this is a very sorry team. Don't expect two wins in a row, esp. against Yankees. Second win sometime before end of April. Bucholz had a good year last year. Don't expect a second good year in a row. Red Sox pitchers don't do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Remember, the 98 Yankees lost their first 3 games and 4 of their first 5, so you can't rush greatness.
    Posted by pelosireturns[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit pelosi. 160 and 2 is still not a bad record.

I guess Andy's happy, being a yankee dog and all.

And Bill, it is not to early, but it is too early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to 0 & 2.... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]  TO TALK ABOUT  "REGIME CHANGE" ??????  MY GOODNESS,  DID OUR STARTING PITCHERS HAVE A SPRING TRAINING, OR IS THAT WHAT APRIL IS FOR ??????   BTW,   DOES ANYONE EVER THROW A CHANGE-UP ANYMORE ???   "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE "BIG O" IS WATCHING, REMEMBER GENERAL MOTORS !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

It's  0-3 and yes, it is way too early.

Bill, I thought your dad taught you better than that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallacethegreenmonster. Show wallacethegreenmonster's posts

"Funny thing,

If a team with a record of 42-20 gets a bad week (like 0-6) in the middle of the season, nobody will challenge the idea that this team won't make the playoff. All will said... well they got a bad week!"

-Problem with this comment is that most if not all 42-20 games and serious playoff teams never have an 0-6 stretch over the course of the season.  People keep saying this to rationalize this team stinking.  The 0-6 start is significant in terms of what the team showed and also it is significant statistically in a game and season in which there are waves and ups and downs.  Think about it this way: to make the playoffs you are allotted about 66 losses.  To use 1/11th of them before winning a game is a serious problem. 

-Also, with it being a game of ups and downs losing the first six means that then if you win 3 or 4 in a row you then will have another down stretch.  Just like a basketball game where you fall behind by 15 points-you can make a run and cut that deficit down but then there is always another lull right after because so much was taken up to make the run. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]   DEAD TEAM WALKING !!!!!!

Walking would imply baserunners.  Scarce few of those so far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I guess the real question I have is WHEN is it not to early?

In Response to 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]  TO TALK ABOUT  "REGIME CHANGE" ??????  MY GOODNESS,  DID OUR STARTING PITCHERS HAVE A SPRING TRAINING, OR IS THAT WHAT APRIL IS FOR ??????   BTW,   DOES ANYONE EVER THROW A CHANGE-UP ANYMORE ???   "LET ME BE CLEAR", THE "BIG O" IS WATCHING, REMEMBER GENERAL MOTORS !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1 & 7......... IS IT TOO EARLY....... : If A-Gon started off slow, you would have criticized the A-Gon trade.  
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

I don't think so...AG is pretty much built for Fenway with many great years ahead of him. CC probably won't sniff another year like he had last season. Sorry to say, the Sox are stuck with a way overpriced outfielder. His sack of production and salary is going to kill this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Soups, One things for sure much better then our's right now. And it's is much to early

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to Re: 0 & 6......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]Best damn "0 & 6" team money can buy!
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

0 wins and 6 losses with the Yanks coming in.....that's all right....its OK.....once our Sox have their spring training during the early part of the regular 2011 season, as they sure didn't have it in the spring training for the 2011 season, they will be OK.  Theo and Francona were more focused on getting all the minor leaguers ready for their seasons instead of getting our starters ready for the big time.  Another week or two and our Sox will start kicking butt, even if their record by then might be 0-8 wins and 12-20 losses.  GO SOX!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GOOD MOVE TITO, MOVING CRAWFORD DOWN TO 7TH......  THAT WILL GIVE US 2 LEADOFF BATTERS WITH SPEED !!   PUT THE DEFENSE ON THIER TOES AND TAKE THE HEAT OFF OF OUR STARTERS !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WongTiaoChingSui. Show WongTiaoChingSui's posts

It's very early, eventhough they go  0-12, it's still 150 games remaining and still believe they will make it to the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......

In Response to Re: 0 & 4.......... IS IT TOO EARLY.......:
    [QUOTE]once the SOX start playing on paper they will be fine. and bill, continue being an idiot; we are all laughing at you.
    Posted by GARCIA1[/QUOTE]   PEDRO,  IM NOT GOING TO STOOP TO YOUR CHILDISH/LIBERAL/MOONBAT STATE AND CALL YOU NAMES (IDIOT).... BUT AS FAR AS THE LAUGHING GOES, I WOULD THINK IT IS THE RED SOX THAT ARE BEING LAUGHED AT, NOT BILL-806 AS I JUST CALL IT AS I SEE IT !!!