14 & 17 ON MAY 5TH... 8 & 8 AT HOME????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

14 & 17 ON MAY 5TH... 8 & 8 AT HOME????

WHAT IS GOING ON ???  OIL IS COMING DOWN, THE "BIG O" IS THE 2ND COMING OF AUDIE MURPHY, AND OUR RED SOX LOOK LIKE THAT THEY ARE TIRED ALREADY !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: 14 & 17 ON MAY 5TH... 8 & 8 AT HOME????

morning Bill,
    well the other nite when the game ended at 2:30 am you had a pretty jacked angel team leave the field. you also had a pretty dejected sox team leave the field as well. then the next day the jacked team from the night before still had some fuel in the tank and the dejected team was pretty down and spent. tito didn't even go home. he slept in his office. we got our butts kicked yesterday and had absolutely nothing. no energy and no spark. I'll also say that the other team was just as tired I'm sure but atleast they came away with a W the night before which helps boost anybody up. chalk it up bro. tonite timmy goes against the twinkies and maybe he can make his knuckler dance and get us back on a winning record again.

I'm stickin with my boys Bill. GO SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to 14 & 17 ON MAY 5TH... 8 & 8 AT HOME????:
    [QUOTE]   WHAT IS GOING ON ???  OIL IS COMING DOWN, THE "BIG O" IS THE 2ND COMING OF AUDIE MURPHY, AND OUR RED SOX LOOK LIKE THAT THEY ARE TIRED ALREADY !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

As it stands right now, the Sox will have to win 76 games out of the 131 yet to play, or win at a 58% clip the remainder of the season to reach 90 wins.  Is it doable?  Very much so, BUT lets face it, so far the Sox have some real problems. Excluding Lester and Beckett, inconsistent pitching from starters and relievers.  Excluding Gonzales and Lowrie, inconsistent hitting, especially with runners in scoring positions.  Throw in player attitudes, energy levels, sloppy base running and defense at times, etc, etc, and you really have to wonder if the Sox can win almost 6 out of 10 games the rest of the way.  It will be interesting.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey hammah,

you should get a job writing APLOLOGIES for HALLMARK CARDS.
    you're quite adept at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: 14 & 17 ON MAY 5TH... 8 & 8 AT HOME????:
    [QUOTE]Nearly a fifth of the season is gone. The "it's early" types will soon have to come up with another refrain.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

How about "it's still early"?  A fifth of the season is 20%.  I admit I am feeling pessimistic right now, but what if the Sox win the next ten games or go 15-5?  That may put them in first place. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

aw shucks babe! what a nice thing to say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I agree with MC Hammah

Stick with the boys.

Don't look at the 14-17 W-L record, look instead at the 4 games out of first place.

Nobody in this division is tearing it up and no team is likely to run away and hide before September.

Tampa Bay and N.Y. only have won 3 more games than the Sox.

The mountain is not as high as the sorry sad sacks want to think it is.

...and I'm a cynical, skeptical guy. If I can see  positives , you can too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Get rid of Bogar and Sox will win two-three more games than they will if he stays. Worst third base coach on the planet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyjim. Show billyjim's posts

Okay! some radical thinking needed here. Fire Waldo, or is it Tito, then make "big pappi" the manager. He'll be loose and cool and he would kick some butt. Trade J D to Detroit for their second string catcher. Have three sessions on throwing to second and then fire (release) the loser, Salty or the second string guy. As for pitching, keep looking for middle relevers throughout both leagues. Give them 2-3 weeks to perform. If they don't perform, send them out the door, and bring in more. They are out there in minor league land. Keep trying and stop buying these guys who don't perform with "big bucks". Finally, there is Theo. When they win, give him a bonus. When they continue to lose, out the door with him. There are many guys who can do the job. Get his computer into his hands and send him out the door. And... whatever happened to Pumpsie Green? He would make a great third base coach familiar with sending people into home plate. Billy Jim...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

you couldn't get 2nd hand catching equipment for DREW.
    HOWEVER, i do like the BIG PAPI for manager idea. i doubt if anyone would notice the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

That Zillagod has a tough time in accepting reality. It is what it is.