160 million dollar payroll and still flawed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yank06. Show yank06's posts

Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed

In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : Bedard pitched in the high potent AL East division for several seasons and had his best years during the process.  Someone doesn't follow players outside of the Yankees circle very well...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Youe are right when you say "had his best years". He is now in his worst years. Good Luck and keep hoping, he might turn out to be a current Colon or Garcia.
    Go Yanks!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]And what did the Yankees do to improve their flawed 200 million dollar payroll?
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]
    he wasn't talking about the Yanks.  if Sox get Buch healthy, they are scary. Bedard, Wake, Lackey and company don't cut it in the playoffs. desperate times require desperate means, but the Yanks have displayed that credence ten times too often. maybe more. players now use the stripes to drive their own values up and in turn negate the Yanks from the equation. I'm a business man and this is BUSINESS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : Youe are right when you say "had his best years". He is now in his worst years. Good Luck and keep hoping, he might turn out to be a current Colon or Garcia. Go Yanks!!!
    Posted by yank06[/QUOTE]

He's had ~3.50 ERA spanning over the past 3 seasons.  Someone doesn't follow players outside of the Yankee circle very well...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox must be pretty desperate to trade for Eric Bedard. Mariners and Yankees must know something the Red Sox don't know about him. I am sure if the Yankees knew that Bedard was worth a trade they would have out bid the Red Sox. LOL!!
    Posted by yank06[/QUOTE]

This is an idiotic post. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Youe are right when you say "had his best years"."

The fact of the matter is that when you posted your original post, you didn't realize Bedard had pitched in the AL east before. Even for a troll you are really clueless. You obviously don't understand much about risk. Risk has to do with what you have to give up and what you have to pay. Sox took very little risk here, it's all on the reward side. Meanwhile the Yanks did nothing. 

Doesn't mean we clinched the east, lots of games to be played, but there's no question the Sox fared better at the deadline than the Yanks. I'm putting you on ignore now with "Babe" and the other no life lowlifes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : Erik Bedard. Now shut up.
    Posted by habsno17[/QUOTE]
    are we talking athletic cups? I've seen the previous Bedard on the Sox roster. better hope this guy is a smidge better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : That's really the trend you want to go by to predict Beckett's 2010 postseason success?  It be one thing if he has always been a poor postseason pitcher but he hasn't been.  Going by his 2010 regular season is likely the best thing to go by here... especially since he pitched injured throughout the 2008 postseason.

So 2003 and 2007 are more relevant than 2008-10?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox must be pretty desperate to trade for Eric Bedard. Mariners and Yankees must know something the Red Sox don't know about him. I am sure if the Yankees knew that Bedard was worth a trade they would have out bid the Red Sox. LOL!!
    Posted by yank06[/QUOTE]
    I agree. they must know something. or maybe nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : So 2003 and 2007 are more relevant than 2008-10?
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

No but 2011 is more relevant than 2008-2010.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I had to fix the post. I meant to say "going by his 2011 regular season is likely the best thing to go by here"... I had typed 2010 regular season by accident.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : yeah cuz the yanks knew all about aceves LOL
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]
    Aceves is definitely doing better than last year and looks great in long relief. he just didn't do it for the Yanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : No but 2011 is more relevant than 2008-2010.

That remains to be seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the yankees got NL HR Leader, Lance Berkman.....Premier Set Up Man, Kerry Wood...and perenial Cy Young Candidate and untouchable in the playoffs, Cliff Lee.........Oh how times have changed...........maybe they can just bring up some of their kids like Justin Chamberlain, Ian Kennedey, and Phil Hughes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh well......................Hey, at least they can open their fat wallets to try and wheel-in Free Agent Starter CC Sabathia next winter????  Just increase ticket and concession prices -again, no big deal...........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I think you should work on your research which I don't think, actually I know you didn't do. RS ticket prices have been the highest for a number of years. maybe its band box size has something to do with it. parks are not stadiums. look at the attendance numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees are after this former 15-game winner!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIEHPGj9sI
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]
    are you Crusty the infallible one?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : That remains to be seen.

That has nothing to do with the discussion though.  Beckett's performance in the 2011 regular season is more likely to link to how he does in the 2011 posteason than his 2008-2010 postseason.  We're talking about a different pitcher this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : That remains to be seen.

Babe right now the fanboy is on a high about Erik Bedard...nothing can be said to bring him down from that high right now......I mean we're talking ERIK BEDARD.......this guy is like Bob Gibson on a bad day, its serious now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : I think you should work on your research which I don't think, actually I know you didn't do. RS ticket prices have been the highest for a number of years. maybe its band box size has something to do with it. parks are not stadiums. look at the attendance numbers.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

I think you should work on your reading comprehension skills.  Where did I mention ticket prices for the Sox or make any comparison of ticket prices what so ever? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : Aceves is definitely doing better than last year and looks great in long relief. he just didn't do it for the Yanks.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Actually he performed well as a Yankee. It his history of injuries that made the Yanks back off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : Yanks had plenty of relief. Aceves was starter wasn't he. again he is a decent long relief guy but not a very good starter. add the fact that the sox are knocking the shiot all of the ball with much run support really helps this guy.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

I think you should do some research, actually I know you didn't; did you?

In 3 years w/ the yankees, Aceves had 59 relief appearances and 5 starts.  In 2010 he had 10 relief appearances and 0 starts.  Simply more junk posts from yankee trolls.

INGORE = ON!

Bralon = IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : I think you should work on your reading comprehension skills.  Where did I mention ticket prices for the Sox or make any comparison of ticket prices what so ever? 

posted at 7/31/2011 5:36 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d&plckUserId=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d">
    First: 6/4/2005
    Last: 7/31/2011
    I heard the yankees got NL HR Leader, Lance Berkman.....Premier Set Up Man, Kerry Wood...and perenial Cy Young Candidate and untouchable in the playoffs, Cliff Lee.........Oh how times have changed...........maybe they can just bring up some of their kids like Justin Chamberlain, Ian Kennedey, and Phil Hughes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh well......................Hey, at least they can open their fat wallets to try and wheel-in Free Agent Starter CC Sabathia next winter????  Just increase ticket and concession prices -again, no big deal...........

$170 Million Dollar Payroll and not a single bona fide Left Handed Reliever in the Pen.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In other news, China points finger at US for world overpopulation problem.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed : I think you should work on your reading comprehension skills.  Where did I mention ticket prices for the Sox or make any comparison of ticket prices what so ever? 
    i'm just wondering how the RS meet their payroll. please enlighten me. you think henry is pulling c notes from his behind? just read Babes comments. now I'm enlightened. thanks Babe..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to 160 million dollar payroll and still flawed:
    [QUOTE]Theo made 2 big acquisitions in the off-season,Crawford and Gonzalez, and the local media went wild with predictions that were over the top: 100 game team; Best lineup since '27 Yankees! But with Buchholz injured the Sox have only two starters that you can have confidence in for post-season play. The Sox couldn't trade for  a starter today and Lackey/Miller/Wakefield won't do. Theo doesn't have a premiere prospect starter ready to bring up to the majors. Even the battle for 1st place with the Yankees is in jeopardy. And mediocre pitching will also due damage to the bullpen; they'll be overworked. Pitching is the name of the game in October.
    Posted by Jete02fann[/QUOTE]

As our resident troll would say " Think before you post".

Red Sox are on a pace to win 101 games and that includes their miserable start out of the gate.