2 - Stupid champagne celebrations by Red Sox!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: 2 - Stupid champagne celebrations by Red Sox!!

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I saw a house that I like online and made an appointment to see it....of course I don't own it yet but maybe I should spray myslef with champagne simply because I have a pre-approval letter!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it dude. Just the fact that THIS issue is what came to mind after a win like last night shows theres no way youre a real Sox fan. Go away.

[/QUOTE]

too bad that his mother didnt know that he skip school to stay home and play with the computer at the same time to post so many whining messages!!  

Yes go away, little kid.  Get back in school!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

They ddin't earn it. If they win the AL, they will have done what they are paid to do in the AL.

Oh, please. Your Yankees have a much higher payroll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I don't get it...the Red Sox have had two celebrations this year with plastic draped lockers, ski goggles and champagne sprayed all over the locker room......

Why??  They haven't won anything yet.  It's beyond juvenile and makes them look like a bunch of amateurs.  Yes they've had a good year but these past wins are just stepping stones....

It's embarrassing to watch them spray champagne all over themselves when they haven't won a World Series. 

It's like wanting to have a baby and then buying cigars and champagne and inviting your family over when you find out your wife is simply ovulating.....

First of all, they have won something yet. They're the AL East champions. That's quite an accomplishment, especially for at team that finished last in 2012.

Personally, I'd have gone with a low-key thing to celebrate, but I don't fault them for going all out. Dodgers did the same thing after they beat the Braves. Pirates/Cardinals will do it tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't get it...the Red Sox have had two celebrations this year with plastic draped lockers, ski goggles and champagne sprayed all over the locker room......

Why??  They haven't won anything yet.  It's beyond juvenile and makes them look like a bunch of amateurs.  Yes they've had a good year but these past wins are just stepping stones....

It's embarrassing to watch them spray champagne all over themselves when they haven't won a World Series. 

It's like wanting to have a baby and then buying cigars and champagne and inviting your family over when you find out your wife is simply ovulating.....

First of all, they have won something yet. They're the AL East champions. That's quite an accomplishment, especially for at team that finished last in 2012.

Personally, I'd have gone with a low-key thing to celebrate, but I don't fault them for going all out. Dodgers did the same thing after they beat the Braves. Pirates/Cardinals will do it tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. I'd prefer the over-the-top celebrations be reserved for winning ALCS and W.S. and go low-key for making playoffs and winning ALDS. But hey -- they can celebrate whatever they want however they want.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

You sir are a moron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I, as a fan, never felt we were overwhelming favorites over the Rays. Thank God we won game 4 because I'd felt we were 50-50% vs Price in game 5. Moore & Price are 2 of the best pitchers in the league. And then Cobb in game 3, supposedly not as good, pitched a better game and they won. And last night I was so frustrated leaving men on base and hitting into DPs. We won on a wild pitch, man from 3rd scores, and man on 1st goes to 3rd & then scores on a single. We did not overwhelm offensively. No HRs in these 2 games in Tampa and Napoli & Salty still need to produce some power going forward.

Peavy was one of the main reasons we won. Go ahead and celebrate because this Rays team knocked us out 2 years ago and in addition to Baltimore, has been a thorn. My $.02 !!!

Personally, macnh1, what do you care if they celebrate ? If I get an email with which I disagree, politically etc., I just delete so take your pinkly and change the channel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I saw a house that I like online and made an appointment to see it....of course I don't own it yet but maybe I should spray myslef with champagne simply because I have a pre-approval letter!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it dude. Just the fact that THIS issue is what came to mind after a win like last night shows theres no way youre a real Sox fan. Go away.

too bad that his mother didnt know that he skip school to stay home and play with the computer at the same time to post so many whining messages!!  

Yes go away, little kid.  Get back in school!

You really need an english tutor to help you with your posts.  I haven't seen so many grammar errors since grading my first grader's papers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

They ddin't earn it. If they win the AL, they will have done what they are paid to do in the AL.

This team turned it around to be a laughing stock last season to possibly being the best team in baseball. This team has heart and character to go along with talent. They earned the right to celebrate because they beat a team that had dominated them up until this year the last couple of seasons. If you don't like it. LEAVE!!! stop being such a downer. This team has exceeded expectations and me like many others are enjoying this to the utmost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

you obviously lack an athletic bone in your body and never have been part of a team that has won anything.... go watch Days of our Lives" and maybe you wont get so upset!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

[QUOTE]

This team turned it around to be a laughing stock last season to possibly being the best team in baseball. This team has heart and character to go along with talent. They earned the right to celebrate because they beat a team that had dominated them up until this year the last couple of seasons. If you don't like it. LEAVE!!! stop being such a downer. This team has exceeded expectations and me like many others are enjoying this to the utmost.

[/QUOTE]
    see? so there ya go. I'm with you son! man, just for giggles I went onto the rays message board and I could not believe the hatred for our red sox from all the whinning pizz ants out there. one pekah head said that the world was rooting for the rays. any real baseball fan out there regardless of who they root for can clearly see that this red sox team doesn't have one single player that hasn't from day one put his heart,sole and beard into dedicating himself to the success of this team. how can anybody NOT like this team and it's manager? I think that this team is in total lockstep with the 04 idiots and you know how that ended. world fkn champions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

You sir are a moron.

[/QUOTE]

...Wrapped in an imbecile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

BAAAAAAAALOWWWWWWWWWWWMEEEEEEEEEEEE!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Really? Really? you have nothing to do but to complain about of over grown kids celebrating? HS! Really?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOVE your Avatar!!!

You sir are a moron.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jblazed9. Show jblazed9's posts

What's the big deal? Let them celebrate. That was a hell of a game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    see? so there ya go. I'm with you son! man, just for giggles I went onto the rays message board and I could not believe the hatred for our red sox from all the whinning pizz ants out there. one pekah head said that the world was rooting for the rays. any real baseball fan out there regardless of who they root for can clearly see that this red sox team doesn't have one single player that hasn't from day one put his heart,sole and beard into dedicating himself to the success of this team. how can anybody NOT like this team and it's manager? I think that this team is in total lockstep with the 04 idiots and you know how that ended. world fkn champions.

[/QUOTE]

give us more quotes from the Ray boards - copy and paste or link me....sounds like good stuff

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

give us more quotes from the Ray boards - copy and paste or link me....sounds like good stuff

[/QUOTE]

just go to the tampa bay rays web site and check out the fan message board. fkn hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I agree that they're a bunch of amateurs,  amateurs at champagne celebrations that is.  By the time this postseason is finished, they'll have had four champagne celebrations under their belt and will be considered pros at it.  Jonny Gomes may get so skillful at punting that he'll be recruited by an NFL team.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

don't get it...the Red Sox have had two celebrations this year with plastic draped lockers, ski goggles and champagne sprayed all over the locker room......

You sir are a moron.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sort of like a Turduckin if you ever had one for Thanksgiving. A Turkey, stuffed with a Duck and that with a Chicken. In this case A moron wrapped in an imbecile surrounded by total stupidity.

Hetch 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

I don't like celebrating when you move on but they aren't the only team that does it.   LA did it the other night when they eliminated Atlanta, they just didn't have any swimming pools to jump into. 

To me you celebrate like that when you WIN the ALCS or NLCS and when you win the World Series.

You don't see next round locker room celebrations like this in the NBA or NHL and I would love to see someone open up a bottle of champagne in the Patriots or just about any other NFL teams' locker room.   That just would not happen.    

But on the other hand I would rather see them celebrate like that and go home (not drive if they had too many) than go to a bar/nightclub and get into some late night trouble that you see much too often.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

I don't like celebrating when you move on but they aren't the only team that does it.   LA did it the other night when they eliminated Atlanta, they just didn't have any swimming pools to jump into. 

To me you celebrate like that when you WIN the ALCS or NLCS and when you win the World Series.

You don't see next round locker room celebrations like this in the NBA or NHL and I would love to see someone open up a bottle of champagne in the Patriots or just about any other NFL teams' locker room.   That just would not happen.    

But on the other hand I would rather see them celebrate like that and go home (not drive if they had too many) than go to a bar/nightclub and get into some late night trouble that you see much too often.

Well thought out post without any name calling.  Good job.

Every walk off homer is celebrated like a game 7 world series win these days.  I think the whole celebration thing is over the top but it's part of the baseball culture now.  A celebration is called for of course but I think it's being overdone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I feel so guilty now that I bought ice cream for my kids team to celebrate them winning a softball game.  I should've waited for the nationals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What does it matter? You say it is over the top. Then what is OK? They just did something that 28 teams won't do move on to the AL/NL pennant game. Are they supposed to just go and have a beer and a cigar? Would it be OK if it were just beer or soda being sprayed around?

They just played 162 games and moved on what is wrong with letting them have some fun.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.