[QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Valverde 2012 = Gagne 2007  

Can't even do mopup.

[/QUOTE]

Gagne was so bad in 2007, I thought the U.S. would discontinue diplomatic relations with Canada.  LOL

Gagne makes Lackey look like a Cy Young Award Winner.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

The only good thing about that trade was that it gave Okajima a chance to get a rest, and he was lights out in the PS after he got some time off.

[/QUOTE]

True and very good point.  :)

Speaking of Okajima, didn't the Yankees pick him up? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: 2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did any of you see that silly fan behind home plate wearing a Marlins jersey?!?  LOL

[/QUOTE]

Was it Ozzie?;)

[/QUOTE]

No, it was Beckett. Re-living the glory days.

[/QUOTE]

LOL-+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ozzie or Beckett re-living the glory days, thanks for the laugh guys!!!  LOL   :)

Good night everyone.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Even though Verlander lost tonight, he is still a winner.  Have any of you seen pictures of his girlfriend?  When I saw pictures of her, I immediately said out loud, "HOLY FOUR-LETTER-WORD-THAT-BEGINS-WITH-S".   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Nude PICS OR DIDNT HAPPEN....LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still like the Tigers...But that Sandoval...What a classic performance...

[/QUOTE]
    Amazing game by the Giants last night.  It was also surprising to see Verlander struggle.  What Sandoval did hasn't happened very often.  Just 3 other players scored 3 home-runs in the World Series in the history of MLB.  I still believe that Detroit can win this series. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The lineups for tonight's game, WS Game 2 (Giants lead 1-0)

DETROIT TIGERS                   SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
    1. Austin Jackson, CF            1. Angel Pagan, CF
    2. Omar Infante, 2B                2. Marco Scutaro, 2B
    3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B            3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B
    4. Prince Fielder, 1B               4. Buster Posey, C
    5. Delmon Young, LF              5. Hunter Pence, RF
    6. Jhonny Peralta, SS             6. Brandon Belt, 1B
    7. Avisail Garcia, RF               7. Gregor Blanco, LF
    8. Gerald Laird, C                   8. Brandon Crawford, SS
    9. Doug Fister, SP                   9. Madison Bumgarner, SP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Go Giants!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Gregor Blanco (I thought he was a light middleweight boxer from Venezuela) triples in Pence and then scores on a Brandon Crawford (I thought he was the guy who played the Huey long character Gov. Stark in All The King's Men) single...Giants up 2-0 in the second. Are these Giants ballplayers AA replacement players??? Was there an MLB strike that I missed....And why so many Venezuelan players?? Is that no good commie Chavez going to take over MLB?  Before we know it, we will all be mandated to get our gas from CITGO, and  will have to pay a 5% surcharge to provide free heat for all those welfare scroungers...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8557095/hugo-chavez-notes-large-venezuelan-contingent-world-series

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Rich (El Guapo) Garces was Venezuelan too I think. One of my all time favorite Red Sox pitchers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Calzone65's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A gamethread without Examiner / J-Bay? I am going to cancel my subscription to this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Promise, pike? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Tigers with the bases loaded and one out in the 5th...Did they score...Nope....The aftereffects of the benzo-blockers still showing...This might end up being, Nielsen-wise, the lowest rated WS in history....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Calzone65's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A gamethread without Examiner / J-Bay? I am going to cancel my subscription to this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Promise, pike? 

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Tigers with the bases loaded and one out in the 5th...Did they score...Nope....The aftereffects of the benzo-blockers still showing...This might end up being, Nielsen-wise, the lowest rated WS in history....

[/QUOTE]

The giants pitching has been stellar so far hasn't it? The Red Sox and Yankees FOs must be salivating when they see that rotation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The giants pitching has been stellar so far hasn't it? The Red Sox and Yankees FOs must be salivating when they see that rotation.

[/QUOTE]

They have been awesome, monsieur.....I am actually rooting for the Giants...Still annoyed with the Tigers for destroying the Yanks...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have been awesome, monsieur.....I am actually rooting for the Giants...Still annoyed with the Tigers for destroying the Yanks...

[/QUOTE]

I'd say the Tigers are in pretty deep doo doo right now. I'm back in Maine these days, but still rooting for the Giants this year. It would be nice to see Scutaro finally get a ring, he's really paid his dues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Bruce Bochy brings Pot-Man Tim L. in the bottom of the 5th to get out of a non-jam (man on first) jam...Aggressive managing....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The Freak didn't look all that sharp but he got the job done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Watching the Tigers arrive DOA against the Giants has helped heal my 2012 ALCS wounds....The Yankees are not the only  chokesters in town...With that being said, watch the Tigers rally now....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Well....the Yankee fan in me feels better now that the Tigers have lost the first 3.....They have stunk up this WS as bad as my Yanks stunk up the ALCS....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Can the Tigers pull off a Boston-style WS miracle with Verlander returning to form....?  I doubt it, but I bet Selig is down on his knees tonight praying for same.....Otherwise, this PS has been a TV ratings disaster for MLB....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Excellent NY Times article on the Giants win this evening and Lincecum's bullpen role....Still hard to believe that the Tigers have joined the Yanks in the 2012 playoff Collapsers universe....It's not over, and Verlander is in the wings, but this is one of the worst post-seasons in recent memory with regard to competitive games....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Excellent NY Times article on the Giants win this evening and Lincecum's bullpen role....Still hard to believe that the Tigers have joined the Yanks in the 2012 playoff Collapsers universe....It's not over, and Verlander is in the wings, but this is one of the worst post-seasons in recent memory with regard to competitive games....

[/QUOTE]

I thought Scherzer was starting tonight for Detroit.