2013 Lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: 2013 Lineup?

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to parhunter55's comment:

I think the current roster is already more of a team than at any time last season, and they haven't even had their first official full team workout!!!

On paper, our team was better on opening day 2012 than it is now.

Beckett also yapped about it being the best team ever.

How that work out?

We all know how it worked out, but the fact is that team (at the time) was better on paper than this year's team is now (on paper). 

SP) Beckett>Dempster

SP) Bard > Lackey

CL) Bailey<Hanrahan

1B) AGon>Napoli

LF) CC>Gomes/Sweeney

RF) CRoss/Sweeeny< Victorino

Looking back now, we may flip some of these arrows, but after 2013, we might flip them back the other way as well.

This team may have more "heart" and less "cancer in the clubhouse", but projecting 2013 based on their recent 2-3 year performances and trends does not look as good as what we expected last February.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just like Pike and night Pike....kimsaythis.

When "day Pike" turns to "night pike" can we just call them "Turnpike"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I know a lot of folks have been talking about Napoli's mediocre career BA, but my understanding is he's a pretty high obp guy (lots of walks) and, obviously, the one thing he's got going for him over Gonzo is the fact he's a righty. The Sox have been missing a righty power bat to hit behind Papi since the Manny glory days.

Also, while the Sox did hit a lot last year, it seemed to me that they left a ton of guys stranded on the basepaths, especially in key moments. Moon, you're a big stat guy, do you have the figures for this groups average with runners in scoring position.