39 million to 5 million?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

39 million to 5 million?????

What is the over under on games played by napoli in 2013

84....say I

what say you

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: 39 million to 5 million?????

As a foolish wearer of rose-colored glasses and eternal optimist when it comes to all things Sox, I am putting my money behind 120.  However I am only putting down $5 - $10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Space, he's got to be seriously damaged goods - its like buying a car with a flooded title...who knows? at least its cheap./..also another silver lining, Gomez has to be given lots of playing time...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Space, he's got to be seriously damaged goods - its like buying a car with a flooded title...who knows? at least its cheap./..also another silver lining, Gomez has to be given lots of playing time...

Not necessarily damaged goods: I do not think you sign a player who can't play. I would say POTENTIALLY damaged goods. Its a good risk IMO, especially in a year that is a rebuilding year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Realistically, he should be a platoon player. Which will help the front office , Napoli won't reach the incentives in the contract that potenially pay him closer to the $13 mil...count on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He can still make 13 mil based upon incentives! Hopefully he's not about too join Mike Lowell in the degenerative hip club. It was painful too watch mikey try and play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

He can still make 13 mil based upon incentives! Hopefully he's not about too join Mike Lowell in the degenerative hip club. It was painful too watch mikey try and play.

Yeah, that did hurt a bit watching Mikey out there. Class act for sure...

From what I gather, Naps hip is obviously an issue but not an immediate one. the Sox are counting on the hip holding out for 1 year and were confident enough in the Dr.'s evaluations that it would, that they extended the one year offer...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Yeah that was terrible.  But Naps would be different than Mikey.  Naps would just be a busted rental.   No emotional resonance. Mikey was like family.  The heart of a championship club.  The leader of the team.  watching him go gimp was so sad for Sox fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I have a feeling Napoli is going to have a great year. He has a lot of reasons to perform this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I have a feeling Napoli is going to have a great year. He has a lot of reasons to perform this year.

and kudos to MN for wanting to play here...he believes in himself and i heard he wanted to sign with a team that would give him playing time...

still i have never heard of such a discount signing after the fact..are there any others?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

84....say I

what say you

Well now Georom, is Ben still a bum for getting Napoli for 5 million plus incentives???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

84....say I

what say you

Well now Georom, is Ben still a bum for getting Napoli for 5 million plus incentives???

the alternative was 3/39 or LaRoche for 2/24+ plus a draft pick.

I'll take Naps for 1/5. And all i had to do was exert some patience. Try it Geo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

My Napoli prediction:

135 games 25 HR, 85 RBI, .265 BA.

Spring training is less than a month away from pitchers and catchers reporting. Spring is a time to be optimistic and positive, so I refuse to join the Doom and Gloomers Club where too many fans like to live.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If Napoli plays 84 games, he will probably be paid close to Jonny Gomes money.  

Only georom could try to find fault with this deal. 

Some see the glass as half empty.  Some see the glass as half full. Georom sees it as being made of glass and therefore very fragile...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

As a foolish wearer of rose-colored glasses and eternal optimist when it comes to all things Sox, I am putting my money behind 120.  However I am only putting down $5 - $10.

Is that down from $39?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i think you get what you pay for..just sayin...

but you have to love the discounted price.....but im not sure what this says about ben's acumen as GM....why was he giving a guy who was oft injured 39 mil? turns out he was worth 5 mil...thats not too impressive imo...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

We Got A Right Handed Power Hitter At Discount $, Im Happy We Need His Bat...

Looking Forward To This Year, New Faces, New Game........

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to notin's comment:

If Napoli plays 84 games, he will probably be paid close to Jonny Gomes money.  

Only georom could try to find fault with this deal. 

Some see the glass as half empty.  Some see the glass as half full. Georom sees it as being made of glass and therefore very fragile...

And what's more, it's a particular kind of half full/ half empty kind of glass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

but you have to love the discounted price.....but im not sure what this says about ben's acumen as GM....why was he giving a guy who was oft injured 39 mil? turns out he was worth 5 mil...thats not too impressive imo...

I don't think he is quite as injury-prone as you indicate. He sat a lot in Anaheim because Scioscia did not like his defense as a catcher. 

This is a non-factor now...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I don't think he is quite as injury-prone as you indicate. He sat a lot in Anaheim because Scioscia did not like his defense as a catcher. 

Im Ok with this revised deal but Notin, im not exactly sure why some are saying its a great deal...the guy is obviously in rough shape....im pretty sure he didnt give himself 90% pay cut because he just loved the thought of playing for the sox...Mike Lowell redux?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Im Ok with this revised deal but Notin, im not exactly sure why some are saying its a great deal...the guy is obviously in rough shape....im pretty sure he didnt give himself 90% pay cut because he just loved the thought of playing for the sox...Mike Lowell redux?

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Geo, you know that's BS.  Right now it appears to be an AAV paycut of $13m to $5m, and that's before incentives.  You don't help your case by manipulating numbers, you hinder it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

C'mon Geo, you know that's BS.  Right now it appears to be an AAV paycut of $13m to $5m, and that's before incentives.  You don't help your case by manipulating numbers, you hinder it.

[/QUOTE]

the agreed to contract was 3 years at 39 million....not one yr at 13 mil..i really have no idea what you are trying to point out...napoli not only agreed to drop his yearly salary, but cancel out the other two years of his agreed to contract....why?  lets get real here....