9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero

Well when you turn a key strength to a big liability you don't have much a chance for nothing........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

funny game.... 8 guys can go 0-4 yet I guy can win it....and 1 pitcher can lose it for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

What I don't understand is when he OBVIOUSLY doesn't got it....and by obviously I mean walking the bases loaded with on-one out, how can you not even have anyone warming up in the bullpen????

Francona is making it harder and harder to defend him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

I was at my desk at work  the other day and stood up to go get a donut in the cafeteria  --  my calf felt a little tight   so   I  asked my boss for rest of the day off.

He said  no  go grab a tylenol and get him a donut too..

Left calf tightness from a home run trot ??     maybe this team could use a strength and conditioning coach ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Gonzalez out with an injured leg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero:
    [QUOTE]Bard gives another one Away! Something is wrong with with him. Maybe mental.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]
    his mechanics are off. hes starting to do that weird arm thing he used to do as a starter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

A Strength and Conditioning Coach would only prevent injuries, and injuries are not a problem for this club, thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I was at my desk at work  the other day and stood up to go get a donut in the cafeteria  --  my calf felt a little tight   so   I  asked my boss for rest of the day off. He said  no  go grab a tylenol and get him a donut too.. Left calf tightness from a home run trot ??     maybe this team could use a strength and conditioning coach ?
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

who said that?? nothing yet on NESN. i noticed and wondered why he was almost walking to home plate

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

so this papelbon guy........yea I kinda want him back next year. And by kind of I mean definitely

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

I hope Mr. Bard just watched how he is supposed to do his job!

Have to pay Paps what Borass wants for him now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Young seems to know nothing, and is apprently quite good at giving bad advice.

While he does manage to put on a baseball costume most everyday, I understand his sole job is write down the names of injured pitchers in a spiral notebook when they get hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

work a walk youk

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

When papelbon  came on  Don said  Agon was removed due to calf muscle tightness..
    How about  one of Dice K's massage therapists   givining it a little rub? BenGay?

Not to pick on Agon  but  evry athlete playing a sport like soccer rugby hockey basketball or football    has muscle tightness and guts it out.

Lars made a great play  but taking that bat out of the line up  does not help protect our lead or mount a comeback.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Crawford is going yard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Time for 142M investment to pay first dividend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

going yard is quite insipid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]going yard is quite insipid.
    Posted by napalmball[/QUOTE]

is it?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]When papelbon  came on  Don said  Agon was removed due to calf muscle tightness.. How about  one of Dice K's massage therapists   givining it a little rub? BenGay? Not to pick on Agon  but  evry athlete playing a sport like soccer rugby hockey basketball or football    has muscle tightness and guts it out. Lars made a great play  but taking that bat out of the line up  does not help protect or lead or mount a comeback.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

But this isn't soccer, rugby, hocky, basketball or football...this is baseball which rely's on mechanics and technique more than any of those other sports....small injuries can throw mechanics off all the time. You can tough out an injury but you may be worthless on the field....weve seen it from hitters who can't hit to pitchers who can't pitch.

We also don't know the extent of the injury and how much the tightness is bothering him, playing under those conditions greatly enhances your chances of sustaining a more sever injury....we do not want Gonzo seriously injured for the playoffs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

huge loss
    game in hand & to blow it that way with walks and poor fielding is maddening
    and now gonzo is hurt w/tampa bay on the way, you can bet the house they'll win tonight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Crap.
    Crap, crap, crap, crap, and crap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Would have been the only way to make up for another lack luster performance.. 

3 errors  and could have been at least  1 other  in that inning..

Tough loss for Sox  and tougher for the fans......Waste a decent Lackey outing..

Watch the bridges  over the Charles  - the jumpers will be back shortly..

Bring on the Rays   maybe the Soxies   will   open the other eye ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

concerned about bard...if it's not physical, it's mental. agone also. youk doesn't look right not good all the way around. tough loss.