"a clean hit"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

"a clean hit"

Not about MLB, but that's the phrase used to describe how Robert Griffin III, a rookie quarterback, was knocked out--literally--of a game Sunday with a "mild concussion." 

"A clean hit" means nothing wrong occurred.  This was good, solid, fundamental NFL football.  I know there are tons of New England Patriots (and also NFL) fans on this site who no doubt agree with good, solid, fundamental NFL football that can not only knock players out of games but also destroy their lives.  See the obit stuff on Alex Karras who had dementia in his later years. 

Me, I don't.  I think the NFL and maybe American football in general is broken. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re:

The hit Jack Tatum put on Darryl Stingley was a clean hit too...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re:

The irony is that the more sophisticated the equipment, it becomes a license to hit that much harder thinking the protection is there.

The new rules on hitting uprotected players will cause more players to become injured trying to alter their play.

Does Rugby have the level of injury the NFL does?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re:

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The irony is that the more sophisticated the equipment, it becomes a license to hit that much harder thinking the protection is there.

The new rules on hitting uprotected players will cause more players to become injured trying to alter their play.

[/QUOTE]

You tell me...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/08/sport/woods-testicle-warrington-rugby/index.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a rugby expert, but I believe rugby has a fairly high level of minor injuries and a much lower level of serious injuries than American football.  I think the American football helmet is the problem....it's often used as a weapon and makes its user feel impervious to injury.  Ice hockey players don't check with their heads, right?  Their helmets are purely for protection.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You tell me...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/08/sport/woods-testicle-warrington-rugby/index.html

[/QUOTE]

Since he lost "a ball" did he commit a turnover?!?  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You tell me...

[/QUOTE]

Since he lost "a ball" did he commit a turnover?!?  LOL

[/QUOTE]

LOL  Good question!!