A look at Jake Peavy: Payrate 14.5 million per year 2013 ERA 4.17 Scale of your own Peavy Confidence Meter: 1 being no confidence and 10 Being Total Confidence

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Step two of getting out from under the prediction that no way can the Sox lose to the Rays in the ALDS:  blame it on Peavy. 

Step one, last night, was to blame it on Farrell. 

There is method to RedSoxFireman's madness. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Step two of getting out from under the prediction that no way can the Sox lose to the Rays in the ALDS:  blame it on Peavy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

What are we expressing confidence that Peavy will do? Win the game? Pitch a quality start or better? X runs allowed or fewer? What are the ground rules?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

edit: double

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Peavy is a beast  8

As always - 100% correct!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Peavy is a beast  8

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

8 sounds about right to me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Your confidence level is based on Peavy modestly getting to the 6th inning and holding the great Rays offense to 3 runs or less and, in addition, holding any lead the Red Sox offense gets him through 5.5 innings. 

There you go man.

Step two of getting out from under the prediction that no way can the Sox lose to the Rays in the ALDS:

I'm not getting out of my sourced guarantee series win, wild man. Easy now.

In that case, I will be bold and go with a 9. For some reason, I feel really good about tonight. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll be here tomorrow to acknowledge it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have confidence # of 9.5, that if Peavy pitches to those ERA numbers, which would be a Quality start and the Bullpen doesnt implode, the Sox will win the game.....I think we get at least 5-6 runs tonight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have confidence # of 9.5, that if Peavy pitches to those ERA numbers, which would be a Quality start and the Bullpen doesnt implode, the Sox will win the game.....I think we get at least 5-6 runs tonight

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Peavey should be much better than Hellickson.

So far Lester pitched well, Lackey pitched poorly and Buch was okay.

I think Peavey will also do okay, which should give the Red Sox a very good chance to win. If he doesn't than it will be up to Lester again and the three other Red Sox starters failed to do their jobs. Not just Peavey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Peavey should be much better than Hellickson.

So far Lester pitched well, Lackey pitched poorly and Buch was okay.

I think Peavey will also do okay, which should give the Red Sox a very good chance to win. If he doesn't than it will be up to Lester again and the three other Red Sox starters failed to do their jobs. Not just Peavey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

OP once again proves ignorance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Peavy was no difference from Bucholtz from game #3 to game #4.  Farrell would have taken out Bucholtz in the 6th inning last nite.  Farrell didnt care who is the starter for game #4.  He just wanted to win the game for the team no matter who is out there!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Peavy was no difference from Bucholtz from game #3 to game #4.  Farrell would have taken out Bucholtz in the 6th inning last nite.  Farrell didnt care who is the starter for game #4.  He just wanted to win the game for the team no matter who is out there!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Peavy pitched very well, but no win.. That kind of game.  Sox not hitting, but still score 3 helped by 8 BB, 2 HBP and assorted WP.  Ugly win, but the game MVP has to be Peavy.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Softy----I bet you never paid a compliment to anyone . The sideways attempt above should render you a non-fan. I would suggest if you don't have something good to contribute on this Board go try to solve the Budget situation in DC and see if you can convice the hold out Tea Party Repubs. to stick to the plan 

You leave a great deal to be desired if  you consider yourself a Sox fan. Those last two games were hard fought by a TEAM and they put forth a TEAM EFFORT to win. That's actually a compliment to both teams. Just goes to show Big Market Teams with Big Budgets have to work their tails off to beat a Small Budget Team.

Please go root for the Rays---they have just what you like a good team with a small payroll coached by a Sports Psychologist. You could probably show them how to cut the payroll even more; I bet the fans and front office in Tampa would love to hear your suggestions.

In the meantime take your negativity and wallow in it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Softy----I bet you never paid a compliment to anyone . The sideways attempt above should render you a non-fan. I would suggest if you don't have something good to contribute on this Board go try to solve the Budget situation in DC and see if you can convice the hold out Tea Party Repubs. to stick to the plan 

You leave a great deal to be desired if  you consider yourself a Sox fan. Those last two games were hard fought by a TEAM and they put forth a TEAM EFFORT to win. That's actually a compliment to both teams. Just goes to show Big Market Teams with Big Budgets have to work their tails off to beat a Small Budget Team.

Please go root for the Rays---they have just what you like a good team with a small payroll coached by a Sports Psychologist. You could probably show them how to cut the payroll even more; I bet the fans and front office in Tampa would love to hear your suggestions.

That was some entertaining baseball in my estimation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

That was some entertaining baseball in my estimation.