A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

problem is bedard is made out of glass!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]The encouraging thing now is that they've hit bottom and it looks like they're embarassed.  Being professionals, in a bizzare way, this might be the impetus they need to turn things around around.  If this happens, the timing would be great.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Either of two things will happen: they will look in the mirror tomorrow and get very angry with themselves and go on a winning streak; or they will pack it in. Not sure which will happen, but with Lackey and Wakefield up to pitch, I am not hopeful. They both stink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Wastefield is overdue for his first win since June 23. He stinks, but will be viewed as a messssssiah if he wins the game. Red Sox will make the playoffs and 3.5 game lead is large this late. If a team was behind all year and then moved ahead 3.5 this late, all would claim its over. All perception. It has taken 94 - 95 wins every year for last 10 years. Rays have 7 with Yankees and 4 with Red Sox. Rays and Yankees will clear the way for easy Red Sox playoff spot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Softlaw is a lot of things - a lotof things - but I'll give him this: He's no quitter. Never has been. UR right Moon, today's implosion will separate the faithful from the fallen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Softlaw is a lot of things - a lotof things - but I'll give him this: He's no quitter. Never has been. UR right Moon, today's implosion will separate the faithful from the fallen.                     

I have not seen anyone here who is not a hard core Sox fan, excepting the occasional visit from welcome Yankee fans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Softlaw is a lot of things - a lot of things - but I'll give him this: He's no quitter. Never has been. UR right Moon , today's implosion will separate the faithful from the fallen.                      I have not seen anyone here who is not a hard core Sox fan, excepting the occasional visit from welcome Yankee fans
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

How the hell would you know? You just started posting here again after today's loss. What a co-incidence!

You said the team won't make the playoffs on UR thread. ("Baseball season ends here"). You wouldn't know a hard-core fan. Quitters attract quitters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : How the hell would you know? You just started posting here again after today's loss. What a co-incidence! You said the team won't make the playoffs on UR thread. ("Baseball season ends here"). You wouldn't know a hard-core fan. Quitters attract quitters .
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

How the hell would you know if I were here or not? Truth is, I HAVE been here off and on, and I may choose to be here even more often.
    Show me the quote where I said we won't make the playoffs. I have posted the opposite: that we should still be favored to MAKE the playoffs, but that we will likely get bounced in round one. I think we SHOULD complete the choke job in order to maximize our chances in the future, but I would not expect folks like you to understand that reasoning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

though small now the lead is too big for the Sox to fail... obviously its a possibilty (looming large) thus the reactions. However to bet against the Sox on this day would be silly and irrational. 

Having said that, I was worried about Philly in the Series but it is far too obvious this team has a small chance of making it that far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichaelSF. Show MichaelSF's posts

Does anyone know what happened to the Sawxhead chatroom for the Sox? I used to read the discussions there but went on vacation and now that I'm back I can no longer find the chats?  maybe someone could send me a link to them?  thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know what happened to the Sawxhead chatroom for the Sox? I used to read the discussions there but went on vacation and now that I'm back I can no longer find the chats?  maybe someone could send me a link to them?  thanks
    Posted by MichaelSF[/QUOTE]

Sure. Try this: http://forum.trufan.com/index.php?topic=2542.15

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I'm not quitting but it could happen. TB is a good team with solid pitching, especially from their starters. Compare their starters to ours right now. I know it's painful to look but consider the facts. IT COULD HAPPEN.

We should be able to pull this out though. Something needs to turn around quick with the starters soon though and we are going to have to hit like crazy. 

I think TB might be going on a roll through year end. When your starting pitching is that strong, you can make a run and go on an extended winning streak. We need our starters healthy again, maybe also snaggle a win from Wakefield and someone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : How the hell would you know if I were here or not? Truth is, I HAVE been here off and on, and I may choose to be here even more often. Show me the quote where I said we won't make the playoffs. I have posted the opposite: that we should still be favored to MAKE the playoffs, but that we will likely get bounced in round one. I think we SHOULD complete the choke job in order to maximize our chances in the future, but I would not expect folks like you to understand that reasoning.

You can't distinguish reasoning from quitting.
    "Baseball season ends today" is quitting.

Odds of a team making the PO's is statistical probability.
    Quitting is emotional.

That statement was not based on mathematics.
    You came back to this board today for one reason and one reason only: to vent.
    Quitter in denial.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not quitting but it could happen. TB is a good team with solid pitching, especially from their starters. Compare their starters to ours right now. I know it's painful to look but consider the facts. IT COULD HAPPEN. We should be able to pull this out though. Something needs to turn around quick with the starters soon though and we are going to have to hit like crazy.  I think TB might be going on a roll through year end. When your starting pitching is that strong, you can make a run and go on an extended winning streak. We need our starters healthy again, maybe also snaggle a win from Wakefield and someone else.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Its going to be very tough for the Rays to catch us, unfortunately. They have three or four left with us and seven with the Yankees. We should somehow back into the playoffs, but we will get bounced promptly. No pitching will do that to a team. Thats just reality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Its going to be very tough for the Rays to catch us, unfortunately. They have three or four left with us and seven with the Yankees. We should somehow back into the playoffs, but we will get bounced promptly. No pitching will do that to a team. Thats just reality.

There you have it. He wants the Rays to catch Boston.
    Yet he claims to ALWAYS want what's best for the team.
    It's the old "lose to get changes made" copout.
    We have a closet NY fan in our presence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]though small now the lead is too big for the Sox to fail... obviously its a possibilty (looming large) thus the reactions. However to bet against the Sox on this day would be silly and irrational.  Having said that, I was worried about Philly in the Series but it is far too obvious this team has a small chance of making it that far.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Any team making the playoffs have a chance, and Boston's is as good as most, for most are battling for a PO birth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : There you have it. He wants the Rays to catch Boston. Yet he claims to ALWAYS want what's best for the team. It's the old "lose to get changes made" copout. We have a closet NY fan in our presence.

There is only one explanation: you are a fool. Its hard to reason with fools.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : There is only one explanation: you are a fool. Its hard to reason with fools.

You are a quitter. A gutless liar. Spare me UR  lose this year/win next year dung.
    You'll say that every year. You can't take the heat. Try ping-pong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : You are a quitter . A gutless liar. Spare me UR  lose this year/win next year dung. You'll say that every year. You can't take the heat. Try ping-pong.

Sure moron. The more you write here the more foolish you look. You have cemented your place in the Idiots Hall of Shame. You have some real problems dude. Both in your ability to communicate respectfully and in your basic thought processes.
    Have you considered a career in manual labor?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Let's be honest.  I know it's temporary but with Beckett and Bedard out of the rotation, the Sox have the worst all-around rotation in the Major Leagues.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Sure moron. The more you write here the more foolish you look. You have cemented your place in the Idiots Hall of Shame. You have some real problems dude. Both in your ability to communicate respectfully and in your basic thought processes. Have you considered a career in manual labor?

Attacking me won't hide you blatant yellow streak.
    You quit in 2007 and you quit this year.
    Jelly-fish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichaelSF. Show MichaelSF's posts

Pumpsie,Thanks but I keep getting error messages.  i have tried opening a new account and registering but still get an error. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be honest.  I know it's temporary but with Beckett and Bedard out of the rotation, the Sox have the worst all-around rotation in the Major Leagues.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

What do you expect?
    Two of the current rotation's starters were in the minors for months.
    Wake was slated as starter insurance.
    Lackey has had two cort shots and is still pitching.

It's not just Bedard/Beckett out. Dice tanked. Buch went down.
    How many teams could survive with similar?
    NY recently lost 4 straight with a rotation completely in tact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : What do you expect? Two of the current rotation's starters were in the minors for months. Wake was slated as starter insurance. Lackey has had two cort shots and is still pitching. It's not just Bedard/Beckett out. Dice tanked. Buch went down. How many teams could survive with similar? NY recently lost 4 straight with a rotation completely in tact.

Points well taken but it still doesn't change the fact that they have the worst rotation going right now... which will make it all that much harder to hang on to a playoff spot down the stretch.  Lou Merloni made a great point.  Apparently Tampa Bay is coming into Boston next week with Shiels, Hellickson, Niemann and Price... While the Sox have:  Disadvantaged Starter #1, Disadvantage Starter #2, maybe Lester (if not Disadvantaged Starter #3), and Disadvantaged Starter #4... This thing could get ugly quick... especially if the bats don't start showing up too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Points well taken but it still doesn't change the fact that they have the worst rotation going right now... which will make it all that much harder to hang on to a playoff spot down the stretch.  Lou Merloni made a great point.  Apparently Tampa Bay is coming into Boston next week with Shiels, Hellickson, Niemann and Price... While the Sox have:  Disadvantaged Starter #1, Disadvantage Starter #2, maybe Lester (if not Disadvantaged Starter #3), and Disadvantaged Starter #4... This thing could get ugly quick... especially if the bats don't start showing up too.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

The idea is not to look too far ahead. That's how ya lose UR way.
    Take it one game at at a time.
    First Toronto.

The rotation against Tampa isn't set in stone.
    As for the hitting, the team offense is reflective of venue. That's why they only hit appx. .255 away from Fenway. They'll hit in Fenway.

And by the time they hit the road again - which would be the last road series of the year, they might have Beckett/Beddard back.

Don't panic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy can't quit on the Sox, because that would mean TB did not go away.. then what? Another softy defeat?