aceves optioned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

aceves optioned

Aceves has been optioned to pawtucket per WEEI

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/24/source-red-sox-option-alfredo-aceves-to-triple-a/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: aceves optioned

Any guesses as to who takes his place?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Wow.

That dude is going to be ripped.

I would guess Lackey..right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Darnell MacDonald was re-signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Not Sure, but Miller may be right behind him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Can't say I'm surprised, and I wonder if a deal is pending, or we will just cut our losses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Aceves has been the consumate un-professional. Good riddance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Not a huge loss.  I wonder how much his behavior vs. his performance went into the decision?  I say 50% each way....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Bill was right!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I kinda hope its Webster, kid looks like he can add some serious pitching juju

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Bill was right!

So was 90% of the forum. The difference is that Bill runs is redundant and floods the front page with threads and posts daily about things that we are all concerned about such as Papi's injury and Drew's slow start. Other posters are more mature and patient. Do you enjoy redundancy?

You are by far the most redundant poster on this site. Ask yourself this last question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Not Sure, but Miller may be right behind him!

Why because he was wild ion extra innings once?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Aceves 2013: $2.65M

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Lavarnway coming up, it seems.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Aceves 2013: $2.65M

I know that. I am sure that John Henry has the same feelings as you do. Thanks for your great post.

You're welcome! Glad you appreciated it. Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Teams need pitching. Some pitching coaches might stare down a challenge. Aceves salary isn't enormous. Maybe we can get something useful back? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I wonder if the final straw was not only getting shelled Tuesday night but also complaining the offense didn't hit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I wonder if the final straw was not only getting shelled Tuesday night but also complaining the offense didn't hit.

The more I think about it, I guess it's his attitude & what he said not so much performance ( or lack thereof). They're big boys they can handle what he said. It's more that they spent an entire offseason & 1/3 of last season trying to clean that negative slate. He's now the epitome of what the team does not want. Especially after last week. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Why? 

To DH? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

You beat me to it, Lloyd. During  the post game , when asked about his poor pitching performance, instead of owning it, his comment was "why didnt they hit". I emailed a friend, saying his days were numbered. Turned out to not even be 24 hours. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Why? 

To DH? 

You're guess would be as good as anyone's. 

Red Sox option Alfredo Aceves to Pawtucket, call Ryan Lavarnway up

Source: Over the Monster 
    Time: Apr 24 9:32 PM ET

The Red Sox have optioned Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A Pawtucket and,according to Pete Abraham, called catcher Ryan Lavarnway up to take his roster spot.

It's a half-odd switch for the Red Sox. On the one hand, there's no surprise in seeing Aceves go. A disaster outing on Tuesday cemented the fact that the team could not trust him to pitch, especially with John Lackey expected to return to his rotation spot over the weekend.

What's not so clear is why Ryan Lavarnway is coming up. Having given Aceves the boot, it wouldn't have been surprising to see another bullpen arm come up temporarily, especially since the Sox would presumably not mind designating Aceves for assignment to free up his roster spot. Alternatively, they could have added an outfielder (though, again, the 40-man space would have to be cleared) in case Shane Victorino misses a couple of games with the back injury that's been nagging him for a few days.

It doesn't really seem like the Red Sox would call up Lavarnway if they weren't intending to find some playing time for him, however. While the 25-year-old catcher struggled tremendously in his time in the major leagues last year, he's not a lost cause, and is actually off to a very good start in Triple-A, hitting .310/.423/.452. Missing a few days wouldn't kill him, but it's just an odd move all around.

Still, in the end what matters is that Alfredo Aceves is, at long last, gone.

25. This post has been removed.