Aceves suspended

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Aceves suspended

In Response to Re: Aceves suspended:
    [QUOTE]The main suspension, for conduct really detriminetal to the team, was the millions spent to get Beckett out of town.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]What millions did we spend to get Beckett out of town? The last I heard the Dodgers were picking up the tab.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]The main suspension, for conduct really detriminetal to the team, was the millions spent to get Beckett out of town.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]
    They paid 12 million of 272 dollars of contracts. The 12 million is the amount that is owed to Beckett, Gonzalez, Crawford, and Punto for the rest of the 2012 season so really going forward they are paying nothing to move these guys and getting 5 guys back that can help in the future.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I felt like this was going to be a problem, an All Star closer isn't going to lose his job to a guy with 7 BS.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]so really going forward they are paying nothing to move these guys Really, going forward, they just paid 12 million to get rid of Beckett and Crawford. Really, going forward, farm scraps aren't going to "help in the future". Ownership washed their hands of the millions in mistakes from the two stooges. It cost them more than 12 million, over the last two years.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]C'mon, fess up. You really aren't a Red Sox fan are you? I don't think I've ever heard you say anything good about the Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why is Aviles playing short tonight? Is he part of the future?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]so really going forward they are paying nothing to move these guys Really, going forward, they just paid 12 million to get rid of Beckett and Crawford. Really, going forward, farm scraps aren't going to "help in the future". Ownership washed their hands of the millions in mistakes from the two stooges. It cost them more than 12 million, over the last two years.
    They got two of the three best prospects from LA. They were going to pay Crawford not to play for the next 5 weeks so that is about 4 million right there. They are going pay for Gonzalez, Beckett, and Punto to play losing baseball. The just got a check from the Dodgers for 260 million.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]And which "farm scraps" are you talking about exactly? Xander Bogaerts? Jackie Bradley Jr.? Rubby De LaRosa?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Aceves suspended": With all the change going on today, I'm surprised they aren't taking a look at Iglesias too.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]I was pretty surprised he wasn't starting tonight. Hopefully Ben's trying to trade Aviles too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Aviles playing short tonight? Is he part of the future?
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
    He is under contract for the next three year so I would say so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Aviles playing short tonight? Is he part of the future?
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
    Apparentely you missed the 3 run HR he hit tonight.  Lighten up... Aviles is not so bad.  Not Tulo or Rip, but not that bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

i assume the 2 stooges are theo and LL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

dave obviously they will but you are right, why not today? Oh well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

The RS got away with murder on this trade.  They should have paid 12 mil on Becketts contract alone.  

The RS just hit the "reset" button and get to start fresh.  This is he best FO maneuvering since the Jays found a way to dump Vernon Wells and Rios.

The question now is, .. which way do they go.  Frankly, the FO would be hard pressed to do worse than Epstein did over the last three years.  Hey they might even land themselves a decent SS after all these years.  But we're still talking about the RS so don't get excited just yet.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

If Big Papi takes the rest of the season off, as this article indicates is a distinct possibility, do not assume he will be back for more of the dysfunction in "Oh Henryville"...Some other team, including the Yanks, might very well offer him one more chance at winning another ring, as opposed to finishing out his days while John Henry tries to keep his financial Titanic afloat...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]If Big Papi takes the rest of the season off, as this article indicates is a distinct possibility, do not assume he will be back for more of the dysfunction in "Oh Henryville"...Some other team, including the Yanks, might very well offer him one more chance at winning another ring, as opposed to finishing out his days while John Henry tries to keep his financial Titanic afloat... http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8303187/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-lineup-achilles-flares-up
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Please don't come on this board just to hate on my team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Please don't come on this board just to hate on my team.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Carnie..It is not about hating the team..It is about hating it when owners pull apart a great franchise to support their own bottom line...But I apologize for my negativity..I just cannot get how people are not seeing what is happening...Papi possibly does not really want to play any more this year...What does that tell you...I guess I will just keep my mouth zipped...I still cannot believe what they have done...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: Aceves suspended": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : The RS got away with murder on this trade.  They should have paid 12 mil on Becketts contract alone.   The RS just hit the "reset" button and get to start fresh.  This is he best FO maneuvering since the Jays found a way to dump Vernon Wells and Rios. The question now is, .. which way do they go.  Frankly, the FO would be hard pressed to do worse than Epstein did over the last three years.  Hey they might even land themselves a decent SS after all these years.  But we're still talking about the RS so don't get excited just yet.   Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE] Have to agree 100%

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The Royals just scored six runs and the Red Sox are now short a pitcher.......
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, short a pitcher because he pouted and then screamed at the manager.

This season isn't about winning games anymore.