Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

Man I'd love to see the next Fred Lynn in Fenway again soon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Currently on pace for 56 doubles, 5 triples, 15 homers, and 115 RBI.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

edsfhs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

HR's will go up, but I would take that any day of the week

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Thanks, Joe, once again you are the voice of reason, and perhaps unparalled on this board. I polled the board in the off season, as to what they thought A-Gon's HR totals might be, I included notable LH performance, guys like Yaz 44, Vaughan 46, and Big Papi 54. It's really not that common to have LH hitters putting up big HR numbers at the Fens, despite that, the sentiment was optimistic to say the least. The gist of this thread was to explore what might be keeping A-Gon's 2011 totals down, when the thread started he had just one.  Some tried to construe it as a comparison player to player of A-Gon to Offerman. Ridiculous. One suggested he'll get it going, and may hit 10 HR's in May. Maybe, maybe not. What's really missing though is any nod towards surgery recovery. He has the skills, but maybe not the strength yet. When I suggested a day off might be needed, I was mocked. One fabulous mocker sarcastically asked , does Pedroia need a day off too? Yeah , I guess he did, huh?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

The fabulous mocker also said pencil him in the order, leave him alone and he'll produce.  The point was not that Pedey did or didn't need a day off because most players do...But Adrian did not need a day off because of struggles because he was NOT STRUGGLING.  You seem to read stats differently than most.  Just because home runs are down does not mean the player is struggling.  I know it is a hard concept.  I have faith, one day you will get it.  By the way, how are the stats looking for you now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

gmg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : The fabulous mocker also said pencil him in the order, leave him alone and he'll produce.  The point was not that Pedey did or didn't need a day off because most players do...But Adrian did not need a day off because of struggles because he was NOT STRUGGLING.  You seem to read stats differently than most.  Just because home runs are down does not mean the player is struggling.  I know it is a hard concept.  I have faith, one day you will get it.  By the way, how are the stats looking for you now?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

The Sox need him to hit HR's, 1 per month won't cut it, especially with the hole they put themselves into, I'm glad to see him helping. And I've decided to forgive you for calling me a dik, an azz-hole, a moron, a whack job and ridiculous, but Cherry Picker??? them's fightin words!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  The Sox need him to hit HR's, 1 per month won't cut it, especially with the hole they put themselves into, I'm glad to see him helping. And I've decided to forgive you for calling me a dik, an azz-hole, a moron, a whack job and ridiculous, but Cherry Picker??? them's fightin words!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

If the shoe fits, Youk.  If the shoe fits.  As I have consistently said, he will hit homeruns.  They have always come in bunches for the guy.  While he was adjusting, he was still driving in runs.  That is the most important stat.  The homeruns will come when the come.  If it is 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and he drives in 2 with a single or double, i'll take it every time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : If the shoe fits, Youk.  If the shoe fits.  As I have consistently said, he will hit homeruns.  They have always come in bunches for the guy.  While he was adjusting, he was still driving in runs.  That is the most important stat.  The homeruns will come when the come.  If it is 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and he drives in 2 with a single or double, i'll take it every time.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
     Now this is a much better presentation of your thoughts, and  qualifies as a discussion. Here's my take on the back and forth; I posted a thought, and backed it up with a spray chart, You called me names. I responded to another poster, and put up stats, You called me names. I hoped Eckersly would tell the truth, and that same night he did. You called me names. I referenced BBT. You called me names. You accused me of moving the Goal posts, you brought up Pedroia, when I refered back to him, you said that wasn't the point!
     You said you can discuss things, and have a whole body of work as evidence, perhaps you do, so what happened anyways?
     You've tried to paint me as a whack job out of touch with reality, and yet I've shown the baseball media echoing what I said, or did I just dream all that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lively debate here?  Good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stuartr29. Show stuartr29's posts

This is just another post from someone who has no clue, probably never played a game of baseball in his life, stats this early in the year are great for show, Gonzo is a great hitter with a great stroke by the end of the year he will have great numbers. There are other areas on the team to be more worried about than him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

AGon gets runners in anyway he can, HRs are nice, but RBIs win games no matter how they come.   He has done this with a stone cold team around him too.  Youk is not hitting for beans, nor is PD in front of him.  If pitchers are afraid of Youk again AGon will get more pitches to hit.  Common sense. 

Now, when are the Sox versions of AGon bobbleheads coming out?   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]This is just another post from someone who has no clue, probably never played a game of baseball in his life
    Posted by stuartr29[/QUOTE]

Thanks for introducing yourself.