Adrian Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Adrian Gonzalez

I keep hearing this guy is a gold glove but see no evidence of anything close.  He looks awkward and unsure on the field.  He is also a real "truck" on the concept of running and appears to have alot of trouble against lefties at the plate...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

I don't see major lefty issues but he is a very slow runner. A guy has to hit a triple in order to get him in from second! Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I don't see major lefty issues but he is a very slow runner. A guy has to hit a triple in order to get him in from second!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    Bingo, You are a complete idiot. The guy is THE reason for this team's resurgence and continued roll. He plays a great first base, and when you hit doubles and home runs at the rate he does (see his MLB leading RBI totals) vs. his near invisible error rate, he shines more than nearly any other player in the AL. Go watch more games, or better yet, go watch your real favorite team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I keep hearing this guy is a gold glove but see no evidence of anything close.  He looks awkward and unsure on the field.  He is also a real "truck" on the concept of running and appears to have alot of trouble against lefties at the plate...
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]I see. So you don't like Crawford because he doesn't have enough power and you don't like Gonzo because he isn't fast enough. In case you hadn't noticed power and speed are usually an either/or proposition. And for a guy that is allegedly struggling against lefties to be leading MLB in rbis is pretty remarkable I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

bingo and boom---what planet have you been on for the last month and a half.
    How fleet a foot was  "The Babe"----you are looking at a pro---doesn't make excuses. If you're referring to being thrown out at the plate Fri. night---he never should have been sent, the third base coach has made several poor judgement calls this year and last. With Youk and Papi following him in the order chances are he's going to score eventually. My concern is the runners he's driving in that are on base when he's up. He doesn't leave many people on base.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonsd. Show dragonsd's posts

[QUOTE]I keep hearing this guy is a gold glove but see no evidence of anything close.  He looks awkward and unsure on the field.  He is also a real "truck" on the concept of running and appears to have alot of trouble against lefties at the plate...
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I'm not referring to any particular play.  The guy is no doubt an excellent hitter but he his definintely lumbersome "running" and playing in the field.  He, however, appears to be the quintessential team player.  If it were my decision, I would bat him 4th in the lineup and move Youk to 3rd.  In doing so, I believe the impact of his lumbersome running would be lessened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not referring to any particular play.  The guy is no doubt an excellent hitter but he his definintely lumbersome "running" and playing in the field.  He, however, appears to be the quintessential team player.  If it were my decision, I would bat him 4th in the lineup and move Youk to 3rd.  In doing so, I believe the impact of his lumbersome running would be lessened.
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]Big Papi was a pretty good #3 hitter, and you couldn't exactly call him fast either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonsd. Show dragonsd's posts

You have got to be kidding me. I live in San Diego and the guy is a BEAST...I grew up in Worcester and was stoked when we got the MEXICAN MACHINE. This guy is a rbi machine. He is starting to get heated up. He has 50 hr power easily. All of the sox got off to a slow start. I can tell you that GONZO is a 50 hr 130 rbi machine. Crawfords is starting to get his confidence back and they are starting to bond as a team. This team has the potential to be a force, I hope we are starting to see that. San Diego was devistated that we got Gonzo...this guy is a stand up player...he just goes out and does his job. The Sox grabbed the best 1st baseman in the majors. The nation will watch this guy become a the top rbi machine in the majors.....This guy will be getting the job done for another 7 yrs. We all know what kind of player crawford is...SOX are going to get it done this year....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonsd. Show dragonsd's posts

You have got to be kidding me, the guys a machine...the Mexican RBI MACHINE. I grew up in Worcester and have lived in San Diego for 12 yrs and I can tell you SD was devistated we got GONZO...this guy is a rbi machine. He is starting to heat up he is a 50 hr...130 rbi guy in a SOX uniform. He is coming off of a shoulder injury, give him a little time to heat up. This guy launches the ball, he will be leading the Majors. Crawford seems to be getting his confidence...so i expect to see the crawford of years past. This team has the potential to be a force. Gonzo is a stand up player...he goes out and does his job. Akward...the guy is a BEAST......the nation will love this guy i'm telling you he is a RBI MACHINE...We have a solid lineup and i want to take the World Series this year and im telling you...The Mexican Machine will carry this team on his back...youk is gonna be deadly with Gonzo in front of him....MUUUUUAAAHHHHHAA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonsd. Show dragonsd's posts

sorry for the double post...figuring this thing out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]sorry for the double post...figuring this thing out
    Posted by dragonsd[/QUOTE]No worries. I live in SF so I've got to see a few Padres games. It seemed like every time I watched the Pads Gonzo was getting another clutch hit. So far he's doing the same with the Sox. He could make people forget Jimmie Foxx before he's done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonsd. Show dragonsd's posts

This guy launched the ball at PETCO and almost had 40 hrs every year...he is gonna crush Fenway Park.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I have watched every game so far and his defense has been excellent. He takes away a hit per game and scoops up errant throws nightly. He wasn't expected to be fast on the bases. I gave the writer of the OP the benefit of the doubt as to being a fan who only listens on the radio but then I decided to read the other posts that he has made. He now is on my ignore list. He is toying with us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]This guy launched the ball at PETCO and almost had 40 hrs every year...he is gonna crush Fenway Park.
    Posted by dragonsd[/QUOTE]Yup. I think he will compare favorably with The Kid before his contract is up. It's kind of ironic that Teddy Ballgame was also from San Diego.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Gonzalez is off to a great start in Boston, but let's hold off the comparisons with Williams and Foxx for at least a year or two.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ahhhh...... Yeh!  Serious Red Sox fan I see???  No doubt sneaks 5 min. peek on NESN daily whenever allowed by the wife???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Lets be honest, out of all the gold glove positions (with the exception of pitcher), 1B is the most overrated one.  The difference between a good SS and bad SS is way bigger than the difference between a good 1B and bad 1B. 

It kills me when people compare Teixeira and Gonzalez and claim that Teix has the edge because of his glove...

A.  Gonzalez has won GG's too
    B.  A gold glove first basement is an overrated fielding attribute.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

This is either meant to be provocative or its the dumbest post I have read in months.  Gonzales has been everything advertised and more.  Do you realize that Ozzie Smith made more than 20 errors 5 times?  He is considered the greatest fielding ss of all time.  You watch a couple of games and determine that a guy who is slick in the field is not.  He saves infielders throwing errors, give the pitcher the best tosses covering first I have ever seen and is daring in the field throwing guys out at third.  He is a dominating player getting it done everyday and this is all you got.  I'm disappointed in your effort.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez is off to a great start in Boston, but let's hold off the comparisons with Williams and Foxx for at least a year or two.  
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]Comparisons are the heart and soul of baseball. My comps are premature I admit, but I'll stand by them nonetheless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

A-gon is one of the most stand up professionals in the game, and a gold glove first baseman. He digs bad throws out by your boy lowrie all the time. Adrian is the surest thing in baseball right now. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I was watching the weekly Res Sox show on Nesn, cant remeber its name, Greatest Red Sox show or something. Anyway, they had a segment where they asked AGON about some of the things he thhinks about and takes into account in the box. It was AMAZING. There was so much little stuff, the only person I ever heard talk about hitting that way was Ted Williams in his book or Manny Ramirez. The one part I remember most was how if the catcher was American, they would tend to try to rub you out late in a count with power while Latin catchers are more likely to call for offspeed or sliders. It got down to that much intricacy. I really wish I had taped it. It amazing how much detail is put into an at bat by these true professionals.