Adrian Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Adrian Gonzalez

I believe far too much praise is being given to Gonzalez for his day to day RS contribution.  In reality he is not an opportunistic RBI producer, he is slow on defense and very slow on the basepaths, he is not a power hitter, he is a spray singles and doubles hitter, he does not possess elite skills, he is however, an above average player, he is a poor picture of an athlete, probably overweight and lumbersome slow afoot.  In my opinion, if Ellsbury and Pedroia were not having great years Gonzalez's RBI numbers would be much lower because he is not an RBI self-producer.  Some portion of his RBI numbers obviously would be attributed to simply batting third in the order.  Everything considered, in my opinion Youkilis, Ellsbury, Pedroia and (yes) Crawford are more valuable to the RS.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

In Response to Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I believe far too much praise is being given to Gonzalez for his day to day RS contribution.  In reality he is not an opportunistic RBI producer, he is slow on defense and very slow on the basepaths, he is not a power hitter, he is a spray singles and doubles hitter, he does not possess elite skills, he is however, an above average player, he is a poor picture of an athlete, probably overweight and lumbersome slow afoot.  In my opinion, if Ellsbury and Pedroia were not having great years Gonzalez's RBI numbers would be much lower because he is not an RBI self-producer.  Some portion of his RBI numbers obviously would be attributed to simply batting third in the order.  Everything considered, in my opinion Youkilis, Ellsbury, Pedroia and (yes) Crawford are more valuable to the RS.    
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

He is on pace for a 350 average 26 home runs and 131 RBI.  If you're going to be a troll try and be less obvious about it.

By the way "he is not an RBI self producer".  Wow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I believe far too much praise is being given to Gonzalez for his day to day RS contribution.  In reality he is not an opportunistic RBI producer, he is slow on defense and very slow on the basepaths, he is not a power hitter, he is a spray singles and doubles hitter, he does not possess elite skills, he is however, an above average player, he is a poor picture of an athlete, probably overweight and lumbersome slow afoot.  In my opinion, if Ellsbury and Pedroia were not having great years Gonzalez's RBI numbers would be much lower because he is not an RBI self-producer.  Some portion of his RBI numbers obviously would be attributed to simply batting third in the order.  Everything considered, in my opinion Youkilis, Ellsbury, Pedroia and (yes) Crawford are more valuable to the RS.    

LMAO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is like a fight at the bat-rack...this maroon should get a medal for ineptitude

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gonzalez is slow as molasses, and I certainly wouldn't play him in CF or at SS. 

But he has terrific hands, which means he's great with the glove, great with those tosses to pitchers, and great at the plate.  He is smart and has a great approach at the plate.  You cannot convince me that watching him hit day in and day out hasn't helped the other lefty hitters like Ortiz and Ellsbury and Reddick and maybe even Crawford.  He has had no influence on JD Drew, which is one reason why Drew isn't playing--all he wants to do is pull the ball. 

While I think he has earned those rbi numbers, I agree it always helps to have good guys in front of you.  But those rbi's are also tied to the highest batting average in MLB, and, frankly, I don't care how many dingers he hits, especially at Fenway. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Adrian Gonzalez is what I wished Wade Boggs would have been...add the power, RBI, to the average. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

One of the only men in MLB who would lose a footrace to Ortiz.  It is truly painful watching Gonzo run.

That's about the only weakness in his game.  He's the best hitter in the game today without question, and his defense is generally spectacular.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Imagine his BAve if he ran like Ellsbury.

He has been unable to get the job done with RISP lately, which diminishes what he did for the team earlier in the year.  But saying that Crawford is more valuable to the team more or less tipped your hand as a troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Pretty lame post - the only thing you could possible claim bad about him - is hits into quite a few DP's - but if that is the worst thing - I think they can live with that. I wonder if the Yanks would or any other team would take him - imagine him with that short porch in Yankee stadium - he would hit 50 easily.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Simply put, AG's presence has made everyone around him better. Recall when he was the only producing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's completely laughable to criticize AGON. In fact, I think we should build a golden god statue in his presence. Best Sox hitter since Manny. End of Story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bautista plays for Toronto

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softybabe. Show softybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]Bautista plays for Toronto
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

And the Saux could have traded for him, kept Youk at first (where he belongs) and kept Beltre at 3rd

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

softy, i agree about Youkilis being more of a 1st baseman. That's why I wouldn't lose sleep if he gets traded or was used as trade bait to get a quality player in return. I would love to have a RH power hitter in LF. Oh, that spot is taken now...ugh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

softybabe..... WTH???..boy, this screename's gonna go over real well....Tongue out..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Good thing it's in your opinion.. Also how does Gonzalez's get rbi's if players are not on base?. Ok put the beer down . And we are not going to get Adam Dunn to play first. WOW!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

Sorry, but bingobilly wins the award for dumbest post ever. Gonzo is an elite defensive 1st baseman, so strike one, his power numbers have been great, he just doesn't shoot for homeruns like the "modern player" strike 2, he has the highest average this late in the season since Ted Williams, strike 3. Wow bingo, you just struck out. Not only does Gonzo save the Sox defensively by picking terrible throws and turning them into great plays, his offense carried the team and lead the the resurgence of Ortiz (notice him hitting the other way more, that's Gonzo's advice).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lol, ty...*dumbest...post......ever*.....card shop guy from Simpsons

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Quite possibly the most innane post since "Dewey Wins"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

"An RBI-self producer," you have officially lost your privilege to type and/or breathe. Stupidest post of the year, hands down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]Imagine his BAve if he ran like Ellsbury. He has been unable to get the job done with RISP lately, which diminishes what he did for the team earlier in the year.  But saying that Crawford is more valuable to the team more or less tipped your hand as a troll.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Adrian has struggled since the break with RISP but still has a good shot at MVP.  I wonder who would win a foot race between Manny, David and Adrian.  My bet is Adrian because Manny would trip over his laces or probably run the wrong direction and David would stop after about six feet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I Like Ike! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Wow.  bingobilly, thank you for your opinion, now please keep away from any and all sharp objects.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ulf Samuellson....enemy of the state

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

obviously adrian is a great hitter. the problem is, alot of his hits since the all star break have been singles. I will say as good as he has been, the one thing that has been disappointing about him is his power numbers. He is on pace to hit 25 homers. His avg over the last 3 years is about 36 per year. And thats when he played in one of the biggest pitchers parks in baseball. He has hit what 1 or 2 homers since the allstar break? but he does have 34 doubles. I think having the monester in left has hurt him more than it has helped him in terms of power numbers. He hits a lot of line drive homers so having the monster in left has likely taken away many of his home runs. Lets just hope he goes on home spree soon so he can at least finish with 30. I have to admit i did expect him to hit around 40 before the season but honestly you cant really complain about a guy hitting .350. I still think the home run derby messed him up. He has not been the same since.