AGon's numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: AGon's numbers

Last night was another great example of the importance of early RISP hits, only this time AGon didn't deliver, but he had men on first and third and struck out in like the 4th inning.  Not good, not good at all. 

My OP was intended to focus on a short period of time, August, not to defend his entire career before and after 2012. 

I just like his approach to the game, despite the home run drought, despite the slowness on the basepath, etc.  More than anything, I like the fact that he shows up every darn day--these days, a rarity for a Sox regular.  Forget 2012, signficant injuries to PEdroia and Youk hurt the Sox in 2011 and 2010. Ells in 2010, ditto CC in 2011.  Ortiz's wrist issue. And so on and so on.

No one on the Sox in the past 10 or 20 years has averaged as many games per season as he has.  And every day he brings that good bat and good glove.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: AGon's numbers:
    [QUOTE]At some point, AGon will join Ted Williams and Jacoby Ellsbury as two of the greatest players in Red Sox history.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]   Jacoby Ellsbury ??????   (Trott).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'd go with Pujols.  Considering that his first two months were an acclimation period and his numbers to date are still a monstrous, .280, 28 HR....He's pretty guaranteed.

You can expect .320 , 35 HR (the trajectory he's been on since the start of June) every year.  He's a beast.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: AGon's numbers:
    [QUOTE]Last night was another great example of the importance of early RISP hits, only this time AGon didn't deliver, but he had men on first and third and struck out in like the 4th inning.  Not good, not good at all.  My OP was intended to focus on a short period of time, August, not to defend his entire career before and after 2012.  I just like his approach to the game, despite the home run drought, despite the slowness on the basepath, etc.  More than anything, I like the fact that he shows up every darn day--these days, a rarity for a Sox regular.  Forget 2012, signficant injuries to PEdroia and Youk hurt the Sox in 2011 and 2010. Ells in 2010, ditto CC in 2011.  Ortiz's wrist issue. And so on and so on.  No one on the Sox in the past 10 or 20 years has averaged as many games per season as he has.  And every day he brings that good bat and good glove.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

They are paying him 20 million a year, so he's simply one of those few free agent signings who actually is worth his weight in gold. Manny was that for the Sox. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Calzone666 look up blithering idiot, and you'll find his picture there.
    Why don't you make a true screen name refelcting your true self, and call yourself, Stronzolone666?

I think the Tigers are thrilled with Prince Fielder, and he's provided the great Miguel Cabrera, even better protection in the lineup. Prince hits for average, has awesome power, and he's only 28 tears old.
    How his massive body holds up towards the end of his contract, could be a question.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Tigers are 65-57 and only 2 games off the Central Division lead and 1 1/2 off the lead for the wild card.
    I think 100% of anyone with a brain, would trade the Sox plight for the Tigers.