AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been tweeted that all that is needed is Selig's sign off because of the money on the table. NY will be responsible for 18 of the 31 million owed to Burnett and the Yanks get a couple of mid-level prospects. More importantly, the open salary space for Ibanez and Chavez. And we won't even discuss the merits of AJ actually not pitching.

I had high hopes for him - what a disappointment and waste of money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I'd even call them mid-level prospects.

Still, good move to free up payroll to address the DH need for the short term.  The trade frees up $5M this year and $8M next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

That's too bad. His meatballs will be missed in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]That's too bad. His meatballs will be missed in Boston.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

that's because you never had my Mama's meatballs with macaroni. Now those are to die for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]It has been tweeted that all that is needed is Selig's sign off because of the money on the table. NY will be responsible for 18 of the 31 million owed to Burnett and the Yanks get a couple of mid-level prospects. More importantly, the open salary space for Ibanez and Chavez. And we won't even discuss the merits of AJ actually not pitching. I had high hopes for him - what a disappointment and waste of money.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Maybe Lackey can join AJ in 2013.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Maybe Lackey can join AJ in 2013.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

That would very nice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I would almost bet that AJ and Lackey would do just fine in the weaker NL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!": [QUOTE]I would almost bet that AJ and Lackey would do just fine in the weaker NL. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] AJ has always been an enigma. Terrific stuff (Schilling once said AJ had the best stuff in the game), flashes of brilliance, but never seemed to be able to put it all together...a change of scenery and less pressure should certainly help...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]I would almost bet that AJ and Lackey would do just fine in the weaker NL.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]I think so too jessey and like you I thought AJ after pitching well with the Jays was going to help NY. Some scouts had him rated over Beckett while with the Marlins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

and this is why the Pirates have been under 500  every season since the early 1990's. what dopes .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I think so too jessey and like you I thought AJ after pitching well with the Jays was going to help NY. Some scouts had him rated over Beckett while with the Marlins.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

All I remember is that in 2008 when he was with the Jays, he was constantly shutting the Yanks out.

He is an enigma.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Burnett will be a big fish in a small pond with Pittsburgh.     No facing a DH might help.  When Lackey is finished with his rehab from TJ surgery, maybe the Sox can peddle him to the National League.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How can the Pirates think AJ is worth paying $6.5M x 2 years? 

They could have signed Wake for 1/8th of that cost. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I would almost bet that AJ and Lackey would do just fine in the weaker NL.

I will take that bet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]How can the Pirates think AJ is worth paying $6.5M x 2 years?  They could have signed Wake for 1/8th of that cost. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    in the NL
    Because there is no upside to Wake - we could hit him now. AJ might prove to be a very useful pitcher.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't know why anyone is laughing at the Pirates.

6.5 a year for a starter isn't bad. Period.

Good for the Yanks for admitting a mistake, eating 18 million and moving on.

There's not enough appetite in the world to eat all of the Sox' mistakes currently on the roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : All I remember is that in 2008 when he was with the Jays, he was constantly shutting the Yanks out. He is an enigma.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]He was doing the same to Boston.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : in the NL Because there is no upside to Wake - we could hit him now. AJ might prove to be a very useful pitcher.

Perhaps, but $6.5M is still too high.

Over the last three years, guess who lead all of MLB in-

Hits allowed?
    Walks allowed?
    HBP?
    WP?

AJ's only strength was the HR ball.  He was only 6th worst in HRs allowed.  Never underestimate what switching leagues will do, but then that goes for everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]and this is why the Pirates have been under 500  every season since the early 1990's. what dopes .
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

Current Pirates Tabata and Karsten acquired in the trade with the Yankees for Marte and Nady.

I kind of remember that right after that trade certain people in the media were saying the Yankees stuck up Pittsburgh, who is laughing now?

Marte did help out of the pen in 2009 when the Yankees won the WS, then like Nady lived out the reminder of his Yankee contract injured.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Current Pirates Tabata and Karsten acquired in the trade with the Yankees for Marte and Nady. I kind of remember that right after that trade certain people in the media were saying the Yankees stuck up Pittsburgh, who is laughing now? Marte did help out of the pen in 2009 when the Yankees won the WS, then like Nady lived out the reminder of his Yankee contract injured.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I never understood that trade.

I'm sure the NYY are okay with the way things turned out, but from a BB purist perspective, I'd have loved to see Gardener, AJax, and Tabata across the outfield.  Fielding Bible, which is more accurate than the GG, had them rated #1, #1, and #11, though Tabata spent most of his time in LF.

They don't hit much, but they aren't donuts either.  3 GG candidates in the OF at minimum wage allows for an awful lot of $ flexibility elsewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

A great move for the Yankees, but I think there's a reasonable chance a change of team/league/city/spotlight/etc. might revive his performance.

The $13m the Pirates will pay him is mostly being paid to them by the Yanks anyway from revenue sharing and luxury tax, right?  ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]A great move for the Yankees, but I think there's a reasonable chance a change of team/league/city/spotlight/etc. might revive his performance. The $13m the Pirates will pay him is mostly being paid to them by the Yanks anyway from revenue sharing and luxury tax, right?  ;-)
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

The Buccos owner has been accused of pocketing the revenue sharing in a few articles that I've seen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : The Buccos owner has been accused of pocketing the revenue sharing in a few articles that I've seen.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Me too, and if true I think it's outrageous.  I'm ok with such revenue sharing if it's used to improve the performance potential of the smaller market teams, but if they don't use it to improve their organisation they should have to give it back, invest it in local amateur teams, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ is traded - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Me too, and if true I think it's outrageous.  I'm ok with such revenue sharing if it's used to improve the performance potential of the smaller market teams, but if they don't use it to improve their organisation they should have to give it back, invest it in local amateur teams, etc.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. And why the owners who pay into it have rightly been openly critical.

That money should be earmarked to be invested back into the organization.