AL should crush the NL in the HR derby!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

AL should crush the NL in the HR derby!

first there's the captain in cano (great at the derby thing with his dad throwing perfect ready to launch alex wilson type balls) then he has chris davis, 2-time champ prince the fielder and a soon-to be official commitment from one miguel cabrera. david wright has cuddyer (ho-hum), the sore harper and NL-only limited-power merchant in carlos beltran. this could b a SLAUGHTER!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: AL should crush the NL in the HR derby!

The HR Derby should be abolished.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

actually it's kinda fun to watch. just as long as papi does NOT participate. last time he did it totally ruined his swing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

While sort of fun to watch for a while, I'd be lying if I said I cared.  If I watch, I  might try it with the sound off, so as to avoid the pain of having to listen to Chris Berman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Wright said he chose Cuddyer because they grew up together.  But Wright was also very close to the Upton brothers (especially BJ), and I don't see either of them in the derby...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

It's for kids.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If you are over 12, you shouldnt care about the HR derby.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

actually it's kinda fun to watch. just as long as papi does NOT participate. last time he did it totally ruined his swing.

[/QUOTE]  hey big D, Ortiz has long since bowed out, and as of last night Joey Bats remains non commital(sp)..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Instead of the HR Derby, what they should do is round up Canseco, Bonds, Palmeiro, Sheffield and the like and have an Old Timers Juicer Derby.  McGwire will have to get back using for a while to be ready for next year.