Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!

This from Nick Cafardo's tweet:
    "Albers, Podsednik to Ariz for LHP Craig Breslow, according to MLB source"
    Breslow is a journeyman reliever, a lefty with a nice 2.70 ERA 2-0 this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Re: Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!

not much changin then

liked the podman..good hustle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

That's a move that will put Morales back in the rotation. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Good trade.  But is this all we r gonna see before the deadline?  All year long, FO were destined to upgrade our rotation.  They almost promised our fans that their goal is to strenghthen our rotation.  And we all agreed that it needed to be done.  Well only 40 mins left before the deadline, they lied. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!:
    [QUOTE]That's a move that will put Morales back in the rotation. 
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Agreed....I am sure that is what Ben is thinking

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!:
    [QUOTE]That's a move that will put Morales back in the rotation. 
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Who comes out?  Cook?

Could Cook be on the move?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Who do you all rather have in the starting rotation, Morales or Garza (rumored he has trouble with his bicept muscle) or Josh Johnson (often injure proned pitcher with a high salary) or Dempster (34 years old going to be 35 years old)??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Breslow has a good line, but I hate to see Pods go. He was a sparkplug. Putting Morales back in the rotation will help, especially since it doesn't look like Ben is going to get his 3/4 pitcher. Glad to see Albers go.

Now, we still need that RH hitting OFer to offset some of those lefties. A waiver deal is now more likely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Who do you all rather have in the starting rotation, Morales or Garza (rumored he has trouble with his bicept muscle) or Josh Johnson (often injure proned pitcher with a high salary) or Dempster (34 years old going to be 35 years old)??
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

In this order:
    Johnson
    Dempster
    Garza
    Morales

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Breslow has a good line, but I hate to see Pods go. He was a sparkplug. Putting Morales back in the rotation will help, especially since it doesn't look like Ben is going to get his 3/4 pitcher. Glad to see Albers go. Now, we still need that RH hitting OFer to offset some of those lefties. A waiver deal is now more likely.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Cook for a RH OF bat.  If Morales to the rotation, this means Cook lost his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Breslow....nice pick-up.

He has a degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry from Yale.  I think some of you guys can appreciate that we're not dealing with the village idiot here.

I'm impressed even if he doesn't pitch well...LOL

If he's pitching and Lavarnway is catching, it would be a battery of two Yale graduates...one for the record books, I'd think.

Drewski, he's one your guys..'wink'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn! : I'm thinking Cook for a RH OF bat.  If Morales to the rotation, this means Cook lost his job.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    too bad...it's not Beckett

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Larry
    So was this what Ben was "empowered" to do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow! What a company man shill Tom Caron is!
    "Everything is beautiful.....!!!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Albers and Posednick for Craig Breslow. Ben's Big Move. Yawn!:
    [QUOTE]This from Nick Cafardo's tweet: "Albers, Podsednik to Ariz for LHP Craig Breslow, according to MLB source" Breslow is a journeyman reliever, a lefty with a nice 2.70 ERA 2-0 this season.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Yes ! I called this trade 2 months ago.....Great move ... Seen it coming.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Doubrant has in IP limit, right?  Assuming he does, adding Breslow allows for Morales to move back to the rotation. 

Maybe Cook is on the move as well?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's not a splashy move, but I like it. Breslow has been a pretty good reliever and it lets Bobby stick Morales back in the rotation whenever he wants. Plus with Pods and Kalish off the Pawtucket roster JBJ could get a shot at AAA this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This isn't a "big trade" but it's great value wise.  The money is even, you effectively swap a RH relief pitcher for a LH relief pitcher and you get rid of an outfielder who filled a void for us this season but now has no role.  Then it allows you to put Morales back into the rotation, which is effectively a nice upgrade if he can pick up where he left off.  All this for even money and you haven't moved any big pieces or prospects.  I like this trade.

Breslow is our new lefty out of the bullpen and his numbers are good, AND he's a hometown kid.  Now things might start to fall together if Bailey comes back and pitches well, then you still have your 8th and 9th innings locked up with him and Aceves. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]It's not a splashy move, but I like it. Breslow has been a pretty good reliever and it lets Bobby stick Morales back in the rotation whenever he wants. Plus with Pods and Kalish off the Pawtucket roster JBJ could get a shot at AAA this year.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Agree.  It seems like a sensible move from an organizational and personnel standpoint but it isn't splashy enough for the masses.

1 minute- Carl Crawford is the biggest bust in American sports history.
    Next minute-  Ben is an IDIOT for not making a big move.

Gotta love it....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]This isn't a "big trade" but it's great value wise.  The money is even, you effectively swap a RH relief pitcher for a LH relief pitcher and you get rid of an outfielder who filled void for us this season but now has no role.  Then it allows you to put Morales back into the rotation, which is effectively a nice upgrade if he can pick up where he left off.  All this for even money and you haven't moved any big pieces or prospects.  I like this trade. Breslow is our new lefty out of the bullpen and his numbers are good, AND he's a hometown kid.  Now things might start to fall together if Bailey comes back and pitches well, then you still have your 8th and 9th innings locked up with him and Aceves. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Exactly, hugh. Good trade.

PODS was acquired as insurance and was played well when we needed him. At 36, he was looking to make a come back, with no future here, best move for him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsydla. Show jsydla's posts

what a freaking joke. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I love the move, if only because it helps the club in 2013 without moving any long term assets.  Yes, we could have kept Albers next season, but seeing what Morales can do in the rotation full time gives us a clearer picture for exactly what moves are needed this winter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! What a company man shill Tom Caron is! "Everything is beautiful.....!!!"
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

my favorite is "we won 3 in a row" and now we are right back on track - pathetic......when was the last time a 3 game streak was anything worth mentioning?  even in their worst days it took at least 5 to even mention it......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Another massive move by Ben!
    Traded the Justin Morneau clone, Lars Anderson, for a minor league pitcher.
    Another overrated Sox prospect who was a big bust.
    Just think, he was an "untouchable" a few years ago!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I guess the trade means that Hill is not expected back any time soon. So , another lefty for the pen so Morales can go back to the rotation. Don't know why he was taken out of the rotation in the first place. Albers had been pitching well. Pods was useful , but not part of the plans. I don't see where we have improved. At least we did not give up any prospects. Would have been nice to get rid of the bad contracts , but that is hard to do.  That is why they are called bad contracts. All in all , today was much ado about nothing.