ALCS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: ALCS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

A thought-provoking take on the ninth inning from FanGraphs columnist Jeff Sullivan:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-one-little-call-helped-the-red-sox-beat-the-tigers/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A thought-provoking take on the ninth inning from FanGraphs columnist Jeff Sullivan:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-one-little-call-helped-the-red-sox-beat-the-tigers/

[/QUOTE]

Does Jeff from fangraphs have any word on when the Mariners might win their first championship ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Side note, all you guys blowing up Farrell this inning are ridiculous.  Its a tight dogfight game.  Just channel your nerves and take it in.

[/QUOTE]

I am not blowing up Farrell, I think he is a good manager. I just would have gone with Uehera. He is sick.

[/QUOTE]

I wasnt directing that at you 37.  It was at the "way to lose it John"/bad manager barrage.

[/QUOTE]

Basically, you're saying Farrell mismanaged his way into shutting out the Tigers?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure who you are talking to but neither me nor Space inferred that at all. If I think a different pitcher should be used in a situation that does not mean that I think Farrell "mismanaged" anything.

[/QUOTE]

I was being both sarcastic, ironic, and facetious.

[/QUOTE]

ugh. My bad. Considering that is all I pretty much do around here I should have caught that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    Does Jeff from fangraphs have any word on when the Mariners might win their first championship ?

Jeff Sullivan, who covered the Seattle Mariners for 10 years, probably has broached the subject somewhere:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/ussmariner/author/jeff-sullivan/

Sullivan tends to be critical of the Seattle front office and field managers.

Thanks for asking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously the secret if for me to not watch. Didn't see a single pitch because of (a) work and (b) my son's baseball practice.  I was listening to Joe and Dave. Lackey was incredible (had a hunch he would be, though he passed my expectations) and the pen did its job (albeit with some drama in the 8th).

Love this team!!

[/QUOTE]

Joe and Dave is the way to go LD. Best in the business. Lackey pitched toe to toe with Verlander and Koji was...well, Koji 

[/QUOTE]

Back when we originally signed Lackey, I was thrilled. (I never get caught up in price tags). Last night is what I envisioned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]

John Lackey fires 6 2/3 stellar innings, Mike Napoli crushes HR as Red Sox defeat the Tigers, 1-0, to take a 2-1 lead in the ALCS. RECAP:http://atmlb.com/168OkRO

[/QUOTE]
    I love the expression on his face. It says,  "Hit that, assmuch!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

John Lackey fires 6 2/3 stellar innings, Mike Napoli crushes HR as Red Sox defeat the Tigers, 1-0, to take a 2-1 lead in the ALCS. RECAP:http://atmlb.com/168OkRO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

The way he kept dropping curves in for strikes was amazing.

I still can't get over how well he pitched last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

The way he kept dropping curves in for strikes was amazing.

I still can't get over how well he pitched last night.

[/QUOTE]

He threw 20 curve balls, 18 for strikes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

A masterful and much needed performance last night, no doubt. I wonder if it would be wise during this offseason to consider Lackey as trade bait. His stock will never be higher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A masterful and much needed performance last night, no doubt. I wonder if it would be wise during this offseason to consider Lackey as trade bait. His stock will never be higher.

[/QUOTE]

his contract represents a good value

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

his contract represents a good value

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I don't think he should be excluded from consideration when it comes to getting some top pitching prospects or a top tier 1B. My concern is that he might not be able to repeat the tremendous season he had for us this year. Its always good to sell high.