ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed.  I've noticed that here and over on the Patriots boards.  The Bruins board is about the only board who doesn't have posters who incessantly whine.  However, the level of arrogance over there overshadows that.

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins boards are rampant with pessimists during losing streaks. And then they turn around into chest thumpers when the team has a great game.

I wonder what AFNAV was like after Sunday night. Think he just sat on his couch with his arms crossed saying "they didn't deserve that"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dwtime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, whiner who goes onto every Boston game thread, have you learned anything about this team?  You pull the same shenanigans on the Pats thread.

I would hate to be as miserable as you.  I don't think I've seen you write anything except whining garbage.

[/QUOTE]

For me it about people who get paid more than Ill most likely ever make in my life, look so horrible at their jobs. You get paid millions and you constantly watch strike three go by. I'm sorry. Or youdon't throw faststballs when your breaking stuff isn't working? I'd rather see thing for what they are. They MAY win, but it's not likely. Not unless there is a serious shift in plate discipline. 

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that both teams have professionals on them, right?  If the Sox players succeeded every time, how would that make the opposition look?  These guys are the best of the best.  Sometimes the opponent beats you.  It happens.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about succeding. Its about swinging the bat. At close pitches. I can do that. You learn early, nothing is worse than get caught looking strike three. You protect the plate. If you don't swing with 2 strikes you are hoping rather than doing. You'll get beat once in a while sure. But this is getting bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Good grief...SHUT UP you whiny buttmunches!!

My God, you are worse than the "pink hats" you criticize!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

These games are so hard to win.  The first three were all sweated out.  Now Peavy puts us in this hole.  We are in a position to have to score at least six to win this game and we have only scored seven in total in the first three games.  It's nice to be optimistic, but there needs to be a degree of realism.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Two quick outs. This is what's needed. Shut them down from now out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I think Peavy is going to settle down from here on.  And Sox will start chipping away.  It is going to be much better than it looks now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get Dempster up, please.

[/QUOTE]

Is that you mailing in this game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When did the Red Sox call up their instructional league team to replace their regular lineup for the ALCS?    They cannot hit, approach his horrendous.   Still haven't laid a bunt down to challenge Miggy, Why didn't Ellsbury attemot to steal second during Victorsuckos at bat?

[/QUOTE]

Victorsuckos?  That's cute.  How old are you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

[QUOTE]

When did the Red Sox call up their instructional league team to replace their regular lineup for the ALCS?    They cannot hit, approach his horrendous.   Still haven't laid a bunt down to challenge Miggy, Why didn't Ellsbury attemot to steal second during Victorsuckos at bat?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed Ellsbury is on base and was born to steal and it disrupts the pitcher.  Why no steal.  You have to go for it to win.  Let it all hang out and win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed.  I've noticed that here and over on the Patriots boards.  The Bruins board is about the only board who doesn't have posters who incessantly whine.  However, the level of arrogance over there overshadows that.

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins boards are rampant with pessimists during losing streaks. And then they turn around into chest thumpers when the team has a great game.

I wonder what AFNAV was like after Sunday night. Think he just sat on his couch with his arms crossed saying "they didn't deserve that"?

[/QUOTE]

A lot of negative Nellies and Debbie Downers in here now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not about succeding. Its about swinging the bat. At close pitches. I can do that. You learn early, nothing is worse than get caught looking strike three. You protect the plate. If you don't swing with 2 strikes you are hoping rather than doing. You'll get beat once in a while sure. But this is getting bad.

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that. Way too many check-swing K's this series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are they intentionally throwing this game?

[/QUOTE]

Sure appears like it. Throwing offspeed stuff to jackson and then Drew doing that early foot off the bag thing again?

Farrell needs to address that, IMMEDIATELY.

[/QUOTE]

How are you blaming Drew for anything in that half of the inning?

[/QUOTE]

He came way off the bag. We're lucky that wasn't called. He keeps doing it. Not good.  We're lucky they did not call it. IN general, that's a poor play on top of Pedroia's.

It's like each had their head in their rectums.

It's happened twice now with him and the ump in the next game is going to call it. Leyland will not allow that to go on.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't watched baseball over the last 100 years or so.  Its called the neighborhood play and they never call it.  Every SS in baseball does it that way.  They are taught to do it that way.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say never called, but almost never

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Victorsuckos?  That's cute.  How old are you?

[/QUOTE]

I like Vic. He's a gamer. He doesnt suck. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

That 3rd ball to Avila was more of a strike than the strike out pitch to Vic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

BTW, how many interviews have the Tigers had?  My goodness.  Hop of their sack.  Do the Sox refuse to give as many or is Fox just that obsessed with the Tigers?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

Bs board is littered with homers and Jacobs Apologists.    It's horrendous.

[/QUOTE]

"Homers" by your definition. I just appreciate the skill level that it takes to be a professional athlete, and respect the Bruins players. I'm never one to freak out when they don't win the Cup, because it's the hardest trophy to win in sports.

I'll never defend Jacobs. Ever. However, at least he's spending to the (reduced) cap these days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW, how many interviews have the Tigers had?  My goodness.  Hop of their sack.  Do the Sox refuse to give as many or is Fox just that obsessed with the Tigers?

[/QUOTE]

No idea, but I hope that little clip of Miggy trying to get on camera is a case of the Tigers thinking this one is over. Once that mentality kicks in, it's hard to refocus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol. In all reality they didn't. They got a lucky break. Isn't going to happen 9 out of 10 times. I'm not a pessimist. I'm more or a realist. Yesterday I felt they were okay and had they lost I'd be fine with it. It was Verlander.  They should be hammering fister. They arent. And that's scary. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

They're hitting Fister, they just have to string the hits together. 3 hits in 3 separate innings. That's bothersome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Victorino has done nothing but get hit a few times that is all.

If I were pitching I wouldn't be fearing this line up at all.   For the most part they have become a bunch of singles hitters.    Wouldn't be so bad if those singles weren't spread out so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to tomtom1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These games are so hard to win.  The first three were all sweated out.  Now Peavy puts us in this hole.  We are in a position to have to score at least six to win this game and we have only scored seven in total in the first three games.  It's nice to be optimistic, but there needs to be a degree of realism.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Detroit only scored six runs up till today.  Bats need to wake up soon.  Already a couple of good scoring chances squandered.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a man crush on Verlander for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

What are the odds of a Drew K in his next AB?

I'll take 85% chance he will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to RedSoxvsGiants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed Ellsbury is on base and was born to steal and it disrupts the pitcher.  Why no steal.  You have to go for it to win.  Let it all hang out and win.

[/QUOTE]

Has Ellsbury even attempted a steal this series?  He is almost automatic when he does 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

Lol. In all reality they didn't. They got a lucky break. Isn't going to happen 9 out of 10 times. I'm not a pessimist. I'm more or a realist. Yesterday I felt they were okay and had they lost I'd be fine with it. It was Verlander.  They should be hammering fister. They arent. And that's scary. 

[/QUOTE]

No, probably not. But lucky? Why? Because one of the greatest postseason hitters of all time shined in the spotlight?

But I wouldn't even say 9 out of 10. It happened, though.

Would you say the Sox didn't deserve to come back in 2004 as well? Because the odds were certainly stacked up against them.