ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gomes over Nava a million times... Team is different

Sox have scored only  in 5 of  31 innings...lets wait for the big rally sooner than later

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a left handed hitter who hit .300 this year, facing a righty. Why would you throw Gomes in?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You hang it.  They bang it.  Get your meatballs down, Jake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Peavy makes even Infante & Jackson look like Cabrera today.

Get out of this inning without adding to the injury Peavy !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These bats look anemic....are all the Detroit pitchers cy young candidates this year? By driving up his pitch count too many great pitches are going by.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. They're facing the #4 pitcher of a top-heavy pitching staff. Get after him. The bad bullpen isn't that much worse than this guy. Take your shots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Wow peavy does truly suck, and pedroia is a bum tonite!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Now Fister mowing them down like Nolan Ryan.   

Peavey needs to exit now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Wow, the great Auston Jackson of the 0.077 BA batted a run in.  Peavy should be out right about now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pedroia doesn't have it tonight.  That is five runs he has given them.  That is a play he normally makes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Boy oh boy Pedroia....don't want to get it done at the plate or in the field this series, huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

So lets leave Peavy in to give them a few more runs so then I can turn  of the TV and not worry about any Papi grand slams.

Why cant the Red Sox go up 5 to 0.

Farrell to little too late. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Good riddance.  I hope we don't see this guy the rest of this series.  Ladbrokes just changed the odds of the Sox winning to 22-1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

If Sox are going to lose tonight I would rather it be a blow out than a gut wrenching close loss.  Easier to come back from the former.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow peavy does truly suck, and pedroia is a bum tonite!

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Pedey had a clean shot at a DP in 2nd to close the inning at 0-1, but no, he had to kick the ball.

This one in 4th was a tough one though.  Peavy didn't have it today.

Still plenty of game left for Sox to make a comeback.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy oh boy Pedroia....don't want to get it done at the plate or in the field this series, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Did you forget his two big hits in game 2.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Sox are going to lose tonight I would rather it be a blow out than a gut wrenching close loss.  Easier to come back from the former.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I wish that the Red Sox could go up 5 to zero once in this series like when they played against the Rays.  What is going on.  Peavy gives up five with three walks in one inning and should of had a short leash.  Not much to say on his miserable performance.  Its not like the Tigers hit all over the place no he just sucked worse than my worse day pitching 12-14 baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gomes over Nava a million times... Team is different

Sox have scored only  in 5 of  31 innings...lets wait for the big rally sooner than later

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a left handed hitter who hit .300 this year, facing a righty. Why would you throw Gomes in?

[/QUOTE]

Gomes is clutch man, post season is just that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

"IF" we move on to the WS Farrell, leave Peavey off of the roster and start Dempster.   He cannot be any worse.

Right now I do not think Boston has a chance, they look lost out there and totally dead and their manager does NOTHING to spark this team.   

Drew should be out of the line up in favor of a "potential" spark in Bogey.    If not Drew then get Midlebrooks out of there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to tomtom1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good riddance.  I hope we don't see this guy the rest of this series.  Ladbrokes just changed the odds of the Sox winning to 22-1.

[/QUOTE]

He won't pitch until game four of the World Series!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leave Peavy in FARRELL. We all can see he has his A game tonight. As a field manager Farrell is a slug.

[/QUOTE]

Pedroia has not exactly brought his A Game with him tonight either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

"IF" we move on to the WS Farrell, leave Peavey off of the roster and start Dempster.   He cannot be any worse.

Right now I do not think Boston has a chance, they look lost out there and totally dead and their manager does NOTHING to spark this team.   

Drew should be out of the line up in favor of a "potential" spark in Bogey.    If not Drew then get Midlebrooks out of there.

Peavy pitched a great game against TB.  Maybe you missed that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

Too long of a layoff for Peavy 8 days. Way too much. How do you walk Austin Jackson to force in a run ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This is good experience for Workman.  This kid is growing up fast here, thanks for the opportunity Peavy !

This is pay back game for the 20-4 pasting Red Sox gave to Tigers in Fenway in September.