In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Channel has been changed to watch a team with heart.   NFL Network is re-airing the Pats/Saints game.

[/QUOTE]

You are a joke!  Really? The Sox have no heart?  

[/QUOTE]

Something with them is really missing.

[/QUOTE]

If you stopped watching they wouldn't be missing a fan, that's for sure.

[/QUOTE]

Farrell screwed the goat in leaving Peavy in as long as he did. He almost did it last night when Drew got that hit in the 8th inning and he did not have Middlebrooks bunt. That was a bunt situation last night and we were lucky it did not come back to haunt us in a 1-0 game.

[/QUOTE]

===============================

Do you recall in Game 2 vs Tampa when it was 0-0 and Maddon pulled the pitcher, Hellickson, when we had the bases loaded.  Crazy as he may be, he recognized that the pitcher didn't have it & we ended up only scoring 2 runs in that inning. Do you think maybe after 3 walks that Farrell might have considered pulling Peavy. Yup I do know thay if Pedey don't botch it we could hav gotten with 1 run instead of it ending up 5. But the key was walking in a run by walking their worst batter. Let him hit & maybe we'd get a DP.

[/QUOTE]

We didn't score any runs in that Tampa game in the inning Madden yanked Hellickson.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I was writing from memory and didn't research the inning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

Drew has been pathetic.  Can we put in Boegarts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox usually comeback and win in games when I switch my attention to something else.  Now I am watching CNN.

So govt shutdown is lifted, and debt ceiling raised.  Gives some breathing room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

8 LOB.  The bats aren't the problem; timely hitting is the problem.  If Pedey doesn't boot that routine DP in the 2nd, this is a game.  Unfortunate mistakes but in no way does this game resemble a 7-1 deficit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Ferrell making all the wrong moves. Not looking good now the tigers bats are going. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

We are out hitting them 8-6. The walks and Pedey's fielding are what killed us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox usually comeback and win in games when I switch my attention to something else.  Now I am watching CNN.

So govt shutdown is lifted, and debt ceiling raised.  Gives some breathing room.

[/QUOTE]

Just delaying the inevitable collapse. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The President can now keep spending us to oblivion.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Channel has been changed to watch a team with heart.   NFL Network is re-airing the Pats/Saints game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell screwed the goat in leaving Peavy in as long as he did. He almost did it last night when Drew got that hit in the 8th inning and he did not have Middlebrooks bunt. That was a bunt situation last night and we were lucky it did not come back to haunt us in a 1-0 game.

[/QUOTE]

===============================

Do you recall in Game 2 vs Tampa when it was 0-0 and Maddon pulled the pitcher, Hellickson, when we had the bases loaded.  Crazy as he may be, he recognized that the pitcher didn't have it & we ended up only scoring 2 runs in that inning. Do you think maybe after 3 walks that Farrell might have considered pulling Peavy. Yup I do know thay if Pedey don't botch it we could hav gotten with 1 run instead of it ending up 5. But the key was walking in a run by walking their worst batter. Let him hit & maybe we'd get a DP.

[/QUOTE]

We didn't score any runs in that Tampa game in the inning Madden yanked Hellickson.

[/QUOTE]

Farrell is nothing compared to Joe Maddon.  Maddon is a good manager, Farrell is an amateur.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

We are out hitting them 8-6. The walks and Pedey's fielding are what killed us.

[/QUOTE]

==================================

You are correct. The 7 runs came on 6 hits, 3 walks(all scored) & an error. But you know, without the aforementioned they'd probably be ahead 2-1 or 3-1 and we would be tense & miserable with our 8 hits/1 run, men LOB and no key hit. Maybe the blowout is better than being frustated with men LOB or as Pumpsie says "LOBsters".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Iggy was out at first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to BS10FAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not usually on the board but this game sucks..I mean I expected Peavy to battle and I thought we would have the upper hand in the pitching match up..brutal. The momentum in this series changes from game to game..

In response to manosome's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If baseball games were won on managing alone, the SOX would have been swept.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I expected him to pitch a lot better than he did. He stunk the place out tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BS10FAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not usually on the board but this game sucks..I mean I expected Peavy to battle and I thought we would have the upper hand in the pitching match up..brutal. The momentum in this series changes from game to game..

In response to manosome's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If baseball games were won on managing alone, the SOX would have been swept.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I expected him to pitch a lot better than he did. He stunk the place out tonight.

[/QUOTE]

His control was off for sure after the long lay off but I wonder how it would have turned out for him if the DP was turned as it should have been.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Suddenly Sox bats have gone cold in this series.  Yet to see them score like they can.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At what point do they sit drew?

[/QUOTE]

Immediately

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

I hope this game is just a blip and we can get a win tomorrow night and head home 3-2..it will be tough just need to flush this assuming we lose..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Ells is hitting tonight. Napoli too.  Some good is coming out of this game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Wow one batter. Leyland might blow this one still. 3 innings of a Tiger bullpen? I dunno. I'd be pinging Ellsbury about hitting. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Horrible outing by Peavy.  Bad managing by Farrell who did not use a quick hook.  Hitters still doing a choke job in the series but for Ortiz in Game 2 and Salty.  Drew and Middlebrooks have disappeared.  This game's gone.  Time to regroup for tomorrow vs Sanchez against whom a different batting lineup and strategy will be needed; otherwise, it'll be more of the same!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Drew has been pathetic.  Can we put in Boegarts?

I agree 100% about Drew. I have seen enough of him at the bottom of the order and Middlebrooks is not exactly lighting it up either. Put Boegarts in alredy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Boegarts should PH for Drew, and Carp for Middlebrook.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Here we go boys!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

Here we go boys!

[/QUOTE]

I had hope last inning. Slight glimmer. Should have had XB hit for drew. Does he have that fragile if a psyche?