ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

If he were a step faster he'd have two hits tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What kills me about the Tigers is that Verlander was at 92MPH at the end of the season, now against Oakland he was back up to 96-98 MPH. Peralta missed 50 games and came back in the payoffs like he did not miss a beat. I thought Cabrera was hurt with a hip injury and yet he is able to steal a base and make a running barehanded grab. Anybody else notice this with this team? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At what point do they sit drew?

[/QUOTE]

Soon I hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What kills me about the Tigers is that Verlander was at 92MPH at the end of the season, now against Oakland he was back up to 96-98 MPH. Peralta missed 50 games and came back in the payoffs like he did not miss a beat. I thought Cabrera was hurt with a hip injury and yet he is able to steal a base and make a running barehanded grab. Anybody else notice this with this team? 

[/QUOTE]

He stole a base because Workman completely ignored him, not because he can run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would you risk that if you were Leyland to get him injured. I wouldn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pedey and Papi haven't hit tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Promising inning down the drain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

If Sox can get this game to within 4 runs, Papi can tie the game with one swing.

I will do the same thing I usually do, go to bed, only to read the next day that Sox came back to win the game.

So long RSN !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Pedey has not exactly had a great series with the bat either. This team better not jerk around Ellsbury after the season. They need his hitting. No way is Pedroia better than Ellsbury. Plus the Red Sox have the money but I can picture Luchinno lowballing Boras on a contract and alienating him completely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pedey has not exactly had a great series with the bat either. This team better not jerk around Ellsbury after the season. They need his hitting. No way is Pedroia better than Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

If jerking him around is not offering him 7/140, they will probably jerk him around.  And with good reason.  He isn't resigning with Sox. He has Boras as an agent.  He is going for the money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good grab by SV. Most OFers don't make that play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pedey has not exactly had a great series with the bat either. This team better not jerk around Ellsbury after the season. They need his hitting. No way is Pedroia better than Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

If jerking him around is not offering him 7/140, they will probably jerk him around.  And with good reason.  He isn't resigning with Sox. He has Boras as an agent.  He is going for the money.

[/QUOTE]

Who is going to hit for this team next tear if they lose him ? I don't think Jackie Bradley is the real deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And u could tell his hammy was bothering him afterwards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who is going to hit for this team next tear if they lose him ? I don't think Jackie Bradley is the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

They can put Vic in CF and go get a RF by FA or trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Can see it now just like with Damon.   Batting leadoff for the New York Yankees, Jacoby Ellsbury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would too. The Red Sox are not a pauper team. They made good money this year, including playoff money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At what point do they sit drew?

[/QUOTE]

Soon I hope.

[/QUOTE]

They're eating Tiger gonads; it's undetectable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can see it now just like with Damon.   Batting leadoff for the New York Yankees, Jacoby Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

Not with The money they will have to allocate to Cano and JAYZEE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's called defensive indifference, not a huge issue. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding. They have to pay him market value. The free agent crop is not that good and they will probably lose Napoli at first base as well, I always felt they should have hung onto either Beltre or VMartinez instead of picking up the  #hithouse lawyer AGON who caused all sorts of trouble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would too. The Red Sox are not a pauper team. They made good money this year, including playoff money.

[/QUOTE]

He is not worth over 20 million a year if it means not being able to sign other players. I want him back too but at a price and a reasonable length.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

how bad does drew have to play before getting benched? the plug has 3 hits in 27 at bats in the playoffs, thats down right terrible. farrell needs to do whats best for the team and put bogaerts in. there is honestly no way he could do any worse than drew and it will be good to get him some postseason experience. i still find it funny how farell has no problem benching or taking out middlebrooks and consistantly hits him 9th even though he has hit better than drew the majority of the season, yet drew continues to suck and still hits ahead of middy and never gets pulled. enough is enough, drew is not cutting it and needs to be bench for xander. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's called defensive indifference, not a huge issue. 

[/QUOTE]

Does not look hurt at all. Maybe the Tigers have found the Fountain of Youth. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding. They have to pay him market value. The free agent crop is not that good and they will probably lose Napoli at first base as well, I always felt they should have hung onto either Beltre or VMartinez instead of picking up the  #hithouse lawyer AGON who caused all sorts of trouble.

[/QUOTE]

You would give Ellsbury 8/160?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would give Ellsbury 8/160?

[/QUOTE]

They have the money, pay him what the market value is.