ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can see it now just like with Damon.   Batting leadoff for the New York Yankees, Jacoby Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

Not with The money they will have to allocate to Cano and JAYZEE.

[/QUOTE]

The NYY top priority, even more than winning,  is to get under the luxury threshold. They probably feel the resulting loss in fan revenues can always be made up after 2014.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pedey and Papi haven't hit tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Pedey has not exactly had a great series with the bat either. This team better not jerk around Ellsbury after the season. They need his hitting. No way is Pedroia better than Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

If jerking him around is not offering him 7/140, they will probably jerk him around.  And with good reason.  He isn't resigning with Sox. He has Boras as an agent.  He is going for the money.

[/QUOTE]

Who is going to hit for this team next tear if they lose him ? I don't think Jackie Bradley is the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

They can put Vic in CF and go get a RF by FA or trade.

[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding. They have to pay him market value. The free agent crop is not that good and they will probably lose Napoli at first base as well, I always felt they should have hung onto either Beltre or VMartinez instead of picking up the  #hithouse lawyer AGON who caused all sorts of trouble.

[/QUOTE]

Market value is not what one crazy team might be willing to pay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pedey has not exactly had a great series with the bat either. This team better not jerk around Ellsbury after the season. They need his hitting. No way is Pedroia better than Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

If jerking him around is not offering him 7/140, they will probably jerk him around.  And with good reason.  He isn't resigning with Sox. He has Boras as an agent.  He is going for the money.

[/QUOTE]

I would too. The Red Sox are not a pauper team. They made good money this year, including playoff money.

[/QUOTE]

He is not worth over 20 million a year if it means not being able to sign other players. I want him back too but at a price and a reasonable length.

[/QUOTE]

Who are you going to sign if you lose him ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would too. The Red Sox are not a pauper team. They made good money this year, including playoff money.

[/QUOTE]

He is not worth over 20 million a year if it means not being able to sign other players. I want him back too but at a price and a reasonable length.

[/QUOTE]

Who are you going to sign if you lose him ?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know right now.  Ask me later when all FA have declared and non tenders have occurred.  Plus they can always trade for somebody.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Two down in the 8th goodnight everybody unless the ghost of Bernie Carbo comes back. I am nervous about tomorrow though !

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow! we got the SHAFT and THE FIST tonite!

[/QUOTE]

This was all Peavy and Farrell tonight. Peavy not bringing A Game and Farrell not being able to see it when everyone on the board saw it. Unreal, big disappointment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

I think X man just earned a start tomorrow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would figure that Annibal Sanchez would not be able to repeat what he did Saturday but don't listen to me, because I thought Peavy would pitch like the bulldog I thought he would.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

If nothing else make benoit work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Come on now....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

victorino couldnt have done much worse that at-bat, looks at the hanger and whiffs on a ball. now pedroia down 0-2, at least we put up a bit of a fight. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I've always wondered why there's that quirky rule where on a check swing, the catcher and umpire can appeal to the base umpire when not called a strike, but when called a strike by the home plate umpire, it can't be appealed? Baseball just has so many damn quirky rules....it's annoying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Was Pedroia kidding me on that swing in the dirt. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow, benoit throws one straight in the dirt and pedroia chases. what happened to the plate discipline this team showed in the regular season? runner on 3rd no outs, 2 whiffs in a row on balls against a guy who is struggling in benoit. sox are 2-15 with runners in scoring position tonight. pathetic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Damn...Sox better start bringing their bats. String together the hits for crying out loud. No way should 12 hits result in 3 runs. Horrible plate discipline when chasing pitches out of the zone.

The bats do need to come alive, and hopefully Lester can bring a similar game to the one he brought in game 1, and the Sox handle Sanchez a little bit better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

What a stupid interview with jackson...he got it going because peavey threw 4 straight balls, duh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow, benoit throws one straight in the dirt and pedroia chases. what happened to the plate discipline this team showed in the regular season? runner on 3rd no outs, 2 whiffs in a row on balls against a guy who is struggling in benoit. sox are 2-15 with runners in scoring position tonight. pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, but Pedroia is not a 100 million dollar ballplayer. They were crazy to give him that kind of money. He is good but not a 100 million dollar player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

What a stupid interview with jackson...he got it going because peavey threw 4 straight balls, duh

100 percent correct, Peavy wet the bed in the second inning and walked everybody, and of all people walked Austin Jackson. I could strike him out at this point of the season. He is another over valued Yankee rookie like Monterro. Except Detroit was stupid enough to give up Curtiss Graderson for Jackson.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry guys, but Pedroia is not a 100 million dollar ballplayer. They were crazy to give him that kind of money. He is good but not a 100 million dollar player.

[/QUOTE]

Not too many guys who get paid 100+ actually play to that level. Ever.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not too many guys who get paid 100+ actually play to that level. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

I still cannot figure out what was the rush to sign him when Ellsbury is a free agent at the end of the season. Ellsbury was the priority not Pedroia this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Bogey doesn't start tomorrow at either 3rd or SS, it will just reinforce my already low opinion of Farrell as a field manager. Both Middlebrooks and Drew are worthless in this series, and Pedroia played his worst game of the season tonight. Only bright spot as he has been in most of the playoffs is Ells.

[/QUOTE]

This team needed a hitter at the trade deadline maybe a third basesman with power and Middlebrooks is not it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ortiz other than the slam he hit the other night has looked lost at the plate this series, hitting .067. when the pitching is not lights out, this team does not have enough offensive talent to win ball games. especially against quality pitchers. gomes, nava, drew are just black holes in the line up. drew needs to be benched for bogaerts. without a doubt. 0-4 tonight for drew, enough is enough. the only positives tonight were ellsbury who continues to hit, napoli got a few hits and salty as well got 2 hits. gotta do better next game, pedroia cant be making mistakes like he did today. that botched double play was huge and the ball hit could not have been more routine. lester on the mound for game 5, hopefully the bats will step it up and we can pick up the win heading back to boston.