ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: ALCS Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to RedSoxvsGiants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am an eternal optomist but I dont see much to be optomistic about at this juncture of this game.  Come on Peavy,  when he walked the first run in he could not even throw a strike.  Whew I cant percieve what just happened after all the good pitching we all witnessed.  So now what another Papi grand slam.  The odds arent good but I will stay an optomist but boy its hard after watching perhaps the worst playoff inning for a Red Sox pitcher evah.

[/QUOTE]

I lean towards hopeful, but 4 runs due to an error and all due to walks is a shame. It's deflating no matter how hard you try to get over it. They may win, but unless the scratch a run or two here it's over. Nice swing at a pitch in the dirt by Vic right there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think the Sox would prefer to just win and get at least two more home games in the WS, no?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

And another. Here's your seat in the dugout. Absolutely terrible. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to Chicagofire's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone on here today said that each postseason game at Fenway brings in over $10 mil. in revenue. Looks like the owners will benefit from this loss.

[/QUOTE]

That would be playing with fire.  It could cost the series, and more $$$ from the WS games in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think it's only the old timers who are such pessimists here. You all grew up knowing Boston sports teams to be losers. Relax. There's still plenty of baseball to be played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are they intentionally throwing this game?

[/QUOTE]

Sure appears like it. Throwing offspeed stuff to jackson and then Drew doing that early foot off the bag thing again?

Farrell needs to address that, IMMEDIATELY.

[/QUOTE]

How are you blaming Drew for anything in that half of the inning?

[/QUOTE]

He came way off the bag. We're lucky that wasn't called. He keeps doing it. Not good.  We're lucky they did not call it. IN general, that's a poor play on top of Pedroia's.

It's like each had their head in their rectums.

It's happened twice now with him and the ump in the next game is going to call it. Leyland will not allow that to go on.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't watched baseball over the last 100 years or so.  Its called the neighborhood play and they never call it.  Every SS in baseball does it that way.  They are taught to do it that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

That was an attrocious called strike on Vic.

Papi time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Papi..here we go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dwtime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, whiner who goes onto every Boston game thread, have you learned anything about this team?  You pull the same shenanigans on the Pats thread.

I would hate to be as miserable as you.  I don't think I've seen you write anything except whining garbage.

[/QUOTE]

For me it about people who get paid more than Ill most likely ever make in my life, look so horrible at their jobs. You get paid millions and you constantly watch strike three go by. I'm sorry. Or youdon't throw faststballs when your breaking stuff isn't working? I'd rather see thing for what they are. They MAY win, but it's not likely. Not unless there is a serious shift in plate discipline. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure appears like it. Throwing offspeed stuff to jackson and then Drew doing that early foot off the bag thing again?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He came way off the bag. We're lucky that wasn't called. He keeps doing it. Not good.  We're lucky they did not call it. IN general, that's a poor play on top of Pedroia's.

It's happened twice now with him and the ump in the next game is going to call it. Leyland will not allow that to go on.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't watched baseball over the last 100 years or so.  Its called the neighborhood play and they never call it.  Every SS in baseball does it that way.  They are taught to do it that way.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, that is way, way off the bag. That is not even remotely close. Drew cheats with it.

[/QUOTE]

When have they called him on it this year?  Answer: NEVER!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Wish he had the green light on that 2-0 pitch...that was his. You could see his eyes light up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

curve ball coming...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

See looking fastball. Go curve and STILL managed to foul it off. That's why Papi is the best hitter on the team. He rarely looks strike three. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

The shift works again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Another wasted opp.  Still plenty of game.

I think Peavy is going to pitch 0's from here.  He is a gamer.

Would have been a 1-0 game if Pedey converted that DP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

5-0. Tell me now it's not over. C'mon bro. Wake up. They MAY win, but it will be improbable. This has the makings of a nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

They might win?  I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida......I'm with AFNAV130's improbable is the optomistic word at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, whiner who goes onto every Boston game thread, have you learned anything about this team?  You pull the same shenanigans on the Pats thread.

I would hate to be as miserable as you.  I don't think I've seen you write anything except whining garbage.

[/QUOTE]

For me it about people who get paid more than Ill most likely ever make in my life, look so horrible at their jobs. You get paid millions and you constantly watch strike three go by. I'm sorry. Or youdon't throw faststballs when your breaking stuff isn't working? I'd rather see thing for what they are. They MAY win, but it's not likely. Not unless there is a serious shift in plate discipline. 

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that both teams have professionals on them, right?  If the Sox players succeeded every time, how would that make the opposition look?  These guys are the best of the best.  Sometimes the opponent beats you.  It happens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Ortiz needs to start doing something.  One hit the whole series, although it was a big one.  Need to chip away at this lead. Another good opportunity lost there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it's not likely at all. But you literally were asking people to convince you that it wasn't over.

I'd give them a 10-15% chance that they win this game. But don't discount the best offense in baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

Another offspeed pitch for a ball. Papi blew out. Poor at-bat from him.   

NEWSFLASH:

Anything offspeed is a ball from this overrated tool.  LAy off all offspeed material. 

[/QUOTE]

This is probably true. Worth a try. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's only the old timers who are such pessimists here. You all grew up knowing Boston sports teams to be losers. Relax. There's still plenty of baseball to be played.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I've noticed that here and over on the Patriots boards.  The Bruins board is about the only board who doesn't have posters who incessantly whine.  However, the level of arrogance over there overshadows that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

You do realize that both teams have professionals on them, right?  If the Sox players succeeded every time, how would that make the opposition look?  These guys are the best of the best.  Sometimes the opponent beats you.  It happens.

[/QUOTE]

Kills me when people don't realize that, in baseball, you fail 7 out of 10 times and can be a first ballot hall of famer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, that is way, way off the bag. That is not even remotely close. Drew cheats with it.

[/QUOTE]

When have they called him on it this year?  Answer: NEVER!!!

[/QUOTE]

If he cheats with it that badly again, they will. That was not remotely close. Not close.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, you keep waiting for them to call it.  Knock yourself out. LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

I repeat: This guy throws no offspeed stuff for strikes.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

Does that hold for Peavy too ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Long way to go tonight. We've been hee many, many times this year. With this team its not over to the final out. 

[/QUOTE]

True, true.  We will rally and win this game and really put the pressure on Detroit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

When did the Red Sox call up their instructional league team to replace their regular lineup for the ALCS?    They cannot hit, approach his horrendous.   Still haven't laid a bunt down to challenge Miggy, Why didn't Ellsbury attemot to steal second during Victorsuckos at bat?