ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: ALDS Game 1 Thread:Rays at Red Sox

SaLT IN THE WOUND!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

Loved that look on Maddon after that double by Salty.  Must be wondering "may be I shouldn't have intentionally walked Gomes, that cost me another run."

Haha, I thought more like I wish my bullpen could get ready so I didn't have to leave this bum in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

....and you guys were worried about us against Moore, just took hits and some luck. 

Still don't like the strike zone for the Rays vs Sox. Moore getting more of the corners, no pun intended.

Totally agree, I already said I would be shocked if Lester or Farrell didnt mention that MLB needs more consistent Umps on the playoffs, don't diss the specific guy just pin it on Selig and MLB

It's how the Rays are so "consistent" every year. I have MLB extra innings. I've watched a lot of Rays games, innings here and there. They appear to get better strike zones than opposing teams. I truly believe this is why they are this good. Price and Moore are good on their own. They consistently get better strike zones, it makes them lethal. It would happen with Garza as well. This allows them to have a .250 avg as a team and win as much as they do. 

Good pitchers who are always around the strike zone, and throw it where the catchers glove was set...will get close calls.  No conspiracy there.

[/QUOTE]
    Negative. You don't survive in the East as the Rays unless you get some help. Which is why their pitchers leave and voila, not anywhere near the success they had while in Tampa. Price will reset, unless he goes to the Yanks. But anyhow, man an act of God, Myers drop, opened the floodgates. That how you defeat this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Can't take the foot off the pedal here

keep stroking the ball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Glad to see a lot of Football forum guys here, how's it going? I am Vegas geting shitty

Pretty good.  Idk if things have changed here, but between softy and a few other guys I couldn't read this forum anymore.  Game threads are usually pretty civil though so I thought I'd make an appearance.  Still a loyal fan though!

[/QUOTE]

Literally mirror my exact thoughts.  Not that the Pats forum is much better -____-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody else think the Sox bullpen was screaming "I got it!!!" or something along those lines when Meyers had that miscue?  It seemed like he called it and was under it until he peeled off at the last second.  That's my only explanation

IMob,you could have something there, they are kicking that one around in the booth

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gave my dad a call and was talking to him about it.  He thought the same thing.  The next inning, the booth guys mentioned it. 

That's where inexperience with the rookies will kill you.  A veteran wouldn't fall for a tactic like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Glad to see a lot of Football forum guys here, how's it going? I am Vegas geting shitty

Pretty good.  Idk if things have changed here, but between softy and a few other guys I couldn't read this forum anymore.  Game threads are usually pretty civil though so I thought I'd make an appearance.  Still a loyal fan though!

[/QUOTE]

Literally mirror my exact thoughts.  Not that the Pats forum is much better -____-

[/QUOTE]

I left the Sox forum for the sole reason of that Bill guy, softy was bad also though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Walking mbrooks to get to Ells ....make them pay

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Come on Jacoby, man up.  They intentionally walked the man ahead of you, batting 9th, to get to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

SWEET

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I want to see WMB reach home, to make both IBB decisions hurt Maddon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

big break for the Sox...outfield follies by the Rays...

Yeah, the Rays didn't get a break with that gift in the 2nd inning Undecided

[/QUOTE] i'm not suggesting they didn't....

[/QUOTE]

Well, your posts seem to imply a little bit of hypocricy.  With the first blown call that led to the homer, you said "pitch just a little too fat."  No remarks on how pathetic the blown call was that led to that homer.  Then, when the Sox got a break (even though this was not a bad call, just a bad play by the opposition) your post came off as condescending and a way to diminish the Sox capitalizing. 

It's all good.  Just saying it goes both ways.  Good teams capitalize on mistakes by both the umpires and the opposition.  Sox made the most of it.  Cheers.

[/QUOTE] my fault on the first one...came back into the room just before the pitch, and on my other post i was actually trying to make two comments acknowledging the Sox capitalizing, and also tweaking the Rays for that sequence...no slight intended...

[/QUOTE]

No worries man.  Although I don't post much here, it's clear you're a well respected poster whenever I log on to read.  I was a bit hasty with my comments.  My apologies.  I guess I'm just used to all the trolls from rival teams on the Pats board always taking cheap shots.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Lester seems to not have it today, when the lineup doesn't seem to have it either.

But then it is still only 4th, as long Lester can keep it 2-0.

When has the lineup had it against good lefites all year? Check the stats.

Hmmm ... how about today.

And in case you didn't notice -- and obviously you didn't -- the Sox were better against lefties later in the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

IBB a #9 batter, now that makes the Sox lineup a feared one top to bottom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Can Vic run or what.  Wow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to manosome's comment:

[QUOTE]

It must be great managing in a city where most of the the population doesn't care whether the team wins or loses. Plush job for the GOOFY GENIUS.

lol

The only people who think Maddon is some kind of genius are Joe Maddon himself and the moron media who think he is, outside of moron Rays fans of course.

Maddon can think the GM there.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's the media. He is a good coach though, arrogant a bit for who they are. Not a genius though. Not by a long shot.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Damn....But another fine inning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Anybody else think the Sox bullpen was screaming "I got it!!!" or something along those lines when Meyers had that miscue?  It seemed like he called it and was under it until he peeled off at the last second.  That's my only explanation

IMob,you could have something there, they are kicking that one around in the booth

Yeah, I gave my dad a call and was talking to him about it.  He thought the same thing.  The next inning, the booth guys mentioned it. 

That's where inexperience with the rookies will kill you.  A veteran wouldn't fall for a tactic like that.

I am just shocked Wil Myers made it to the majors. Watched him the last couple years here in Durham and didn't think he'd make it.

Really?  I think he's gonna be a fine player.  He just needs to toughen up mentally.  I love his swing and I think he's got all the intangibles to be a good right fielder.  Plus, I always saw his name in Baseball America's top prospects year in and year out.

I guess we'll see. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's the media. He is a good coach though, arrogant a bit for who they are. Not a genius though. Not by a long shot.

[/QUOTE]

He does get a lot from little though.  Still don't like the guy's attitude.  May be he needs that to get some edge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]

I remember A-Rod doing that to a Sox SS, don't know which one, as he was running from 2nd to 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

I remember that bling, but I'm pretty sure it was Yankees in Toronto (and a  pretty big game).  At the time I ( and many others, as it was played up in the press a lot) thought it to be dirty play, but I've mellowed to call it "gamesmanship" today. Ha!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Victorino is like a walking infirmary. It always looks like he has to take a dump.

He 'dumped' that ground ball pretty nicely.

[/QUOTE]

Love his game. Always have.  Been a fan from a afar.  He's been great even with the nagging injuries.

[/QUOTE]

Philly was retraded letting him go. Where is in in baseball outfielders? Top 10?