ALDS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: ALDS Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Rays

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I predicted Sox in 4 before thise series started, so that is right in line even with this annoying loss. However, my common sense is forced to rcognize the high possibility that we could still lose this series. Nobody on this forum needs to be reminded of the history of games in that building. We just saw it again tonight. If they win game 4, theyre going to fully believe they will win 5, will have Price again, and with the momentum on their side, the Sox will be the ones under pressure. If you say theres no way it could happen, youre naive. I just watched it happen last year in Cincinatti.

The problem with tonight was that it was not just a routine loss. We blew a three run lead. Clay serving a meatball to Longoria with first base open was inexcusable. The infield meltdown in the 8th was confounding. Playing for the tie in the 9th, on the road makes no sense. Farrell pushed all the wrong buttons and got himself outmanaged by Maddon. The walk off against our closer was hard to take.  The Rays are back from the dead, with all the momentum. The Sox have been able to bounce back from these kind of things all year. Now , they are going to have to do it again .  Let's just hope they can.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Pedroia played one of the worst games I've seen, and secondly, taking Papi out of the game could have been costly. I'm sure we all would have liked Papi instead of Carp in the 9th.

No way they would have pitched to him. You would have had a choice of Napoli or Carp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I predicted Sox in 4 before thise series started, so that is right in line even with this annoying loss. However, my common sense is forced to rcognize the high possibility that we could still lose this series. Nobody on this forum needs to be reminded of the history of games in that building. We just saw it again tonight. If they win game 4, theyre going to fully believe they will win 5, will have Price again, and with the momentum on their side, the Sox will be the ones under pressure. If you say theres no way it could happen, youre naive. I just watched it happen last year in Cincinatti.

The problem with tonight was that it was not just a routine loss. We blew a three run lead. Clay serving a meatball to Longoria with first base open was inexcusable. The infield meltdown in the 8th was confounding. Playing for the tie in the 9th, on the road makes no sense. Farrell pushed all the wrong buttons and got himself outmanaged by Maddon. The walk off against our closer was hard to take.  The Rays are back from the dead, with all the momentum. The Sox have been able to bounce back from these kind of things all year. Now , they are going to have to do it again .  Let's just hope they can.

3 run lead?  Any team can score 3 runs in an inning, let alone with half the game to go, gale. Yes its disappointing but come come on, it happens. I disagree the Rays have all the momentum. They blew the lead in the 9th. 1 win. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly, and youve got some on here that dont seem to get that this wasnt just a routine 4-1 loss. Seen this story too many times in that building. I hope for a win tommorow, but honestly, I do not expect it DG, I just dont. Then with Lester/Price in game 5, not only is Madden proved right, anything can happen. They are easily capable of winning this series. The Sox crapped in their nest big time tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

some dont get it...as in who exam? If you dont expect a win, why watch? 

My thought exactly, and youve got some on here that dont seem to get that this wasnt just a routine 4-1 loss. Seen this story too many times in that building. I hope for a win tommorow, but honestly, I do not expect it DG, I just dont. Then with Lester/Price in game 5, not only is Madden proved right, anything can happen. They are easily capable of winning this series. The Sox crapped in their nest big time tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 run lead?  Any team can score 3 runs in an inning, let alone with half the game to go, gale. Yes its disappointing but come come on

[/QUOTE]

Of course any team can score three runs in an inning.  But a three run homer by Longoria with first base open ? That should never happen.  We blew this game with poor play and extremely poor strategy. Now , they need to put it behind them and bounce back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

some dont get it...as in who exam?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whoever acts like its not a big deal J, I didnt mention you. Its a big deal. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 run lead?  Any team can score 3 runs in an inning, let alone with half the game to go, gale. Yes its disappointing but come come on

[/QUOTE]

Of course any team can score three runs in an inning.  But a three run homer by Longoria with first base open ? That should never happen.  We blew this game with poor play and extremely poor strategy. Now , they need to put it behind them and bounce back.

[/QUOTE]

Which they have done all year. Its a judgment call that didnt work out gale. just like madden didnt walk ortiz and he had an rbi. it happens

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

All I said was I dont trust Peavey. I may be proved wrong, and if so no one will be happier than me. But Im also not going to come out and say I thinks hes going to do well, because its no more valid than saying I think he'll be awful. Nobody knows what is going to happen, all we can go by is history, and our history is NOT good against that team, especially in that building in games like this. Better this year, but that may or may not count now. Peavey is coming off a long layoff, and has technically not pitched all that great lately. I also think its a bit naive to say TB doesnt have  ost of the momentum. Its not just a loss, its the WAY it happened. We of all fans should know the power of the walk off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You didnt but thats who you meant. no one else is here and it's not a big deal. It's one loss, by one run, after we came back to tie it, in the 9th. still up 2-1 in the best of 5. If I'm wrong I'll admit it and I expect you to do the same

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A lot of frustration for all of us tonight. This was a game that we should have won.  The champaign will have to wait. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You didnt but thats who you meant. no one else here and its not a big deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, there are actually several posting things like that, but even so I will continue to post what I have all season. I'll believe it when I see it, and predictions of glory are no more valid than predictions of doom becuase nobody knows what will happen. All I know is I loathe the Rays, and there is no good in letting them up off the mat, they are far, far too dangerous. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I skipped live chat to avoid all this and it still did me no good, in the end.  nite all 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jbay, I like you and consider you one of my friends on here, I just do not share your positivity about this team. I like them, I want them to win, but I am a natural born cynic. I have not predicted a loss tommorow, I have only said I do not trust Peavey, and am not fully expecting a win. What is there to admit being wrong about if I am "wrong"? I am a HARD CORE cynic when it comes to sports, as bad if not worse than andrewmitch. When I get it in my head not to trust a team, I dont trust them until I actually see victory take place. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Jbay, I like you and consider you one of my friends on here, I just do not share your positivity about this team. I like them, I want them to win, but I am a natural born cynic. I have not predicted a loss tommorow, I have only said I do not trust Peavey, and am not fully expecting a win. What is there to admit being wrong about if I am "wrong"? I am a HARD CORE cynic when it comes to sports, as bad if not worse than andrewmitch. When I get it in my head not to trust a team, I dont trust them until I actually see victory take place. 

Its one game. I hate the way they lost with all those gaffes in the 8th inning and the lack of bunting by Napoli in the 8th with a runner on second and no one out. But that one is on Farrell, not Napoli for not calling for the bunt on that one. Workman did not pitch badly in the bottom of the 8th inning, it was the leadoff walk by Morales and the errors by Napoli and Pedroia that killed them tonight.

This team needed relief help desperately and patched it together with Workman and Drake Britton. These guys are not experienced guys. The relief issue needed to be dealt with by Ben Cherrington at the trade deadline or even throughout August. They picked up Thornton who Cherrington proclaimed that he was the guy he wanted. Thorton has shown me nothing to indicate anything positive about his pitching. The relief issue is on Cherrington.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

Pedroia played one of the worst games I've seen, and secondly, taking Papi out of the game could have been costly. I'm sure we all would have liked Papi instead of Carp in the 9th.

Doesn't matter tomorrow series is done

And you know this how? You think the Sox are playing a Little League team? The Rays are not going down easily. We blew a three run lead today due to Farrell's stupidity. With runners on second and third he elected to pitch to Longoria, their best hitter. That was STUPID. you NEVER let their best guy beat you like that. Myers has been fairly useless this series; you make HIM beat you, not Longoria. This loss is on Farrell. The Sox are still in the drivers seat, but this is a game we would have won if our manager didn't contribute to the loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I skipped live chat to avoid all this and it still did me no good, in the end.  nite all 

Seriously JBay, I like you. I like the way you post. But your skin is too thin. The only way to avoid frustration from fans who live and die with the Red Sox is to avoid all forums. Every single forum I have ever been on has had fans who wear their emotions during the game on their sleeve. Maybe game threads are just not for you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

My thoughts exactly.  The sox have the added pressure of proving Maddon wrong. Not that it's first on their minds but he's planted the seed...sometimes that's all it takes. I hope this ends tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I want you all to take a moment and absorb how HORRIFIC it would be to blow a 2-0 lead and lose to this team of snot nosed whiners. Just take a moment......Done? Now Im not saying it will happen, but think about what you felt in that moment and you'll know why Im totally ticked off tonight. Not only did WE collapse like a bunch of losers in 2011, I also had to sit and watch the Reds do it in 2012. After those two years, you dont trust any of these guys, you just dont. A 2-0 lead in a best of five counts for almost nothing, it can disappear in a moment. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seriously JBay, I like you. I like the way you post. But your skin is too thin. The only way to avoid frustration from fans who live and die with the Red Sox is to avoid all forums. Every single forum I have ever been on has had fans who wear their emotions during the game on their sleeve. Maybe game threads are just not for you.

[/QUOTE]

I am mad too. I have been a long suffering Red Sox fans since the 1970s. They redeemed themselves in 2004 when I came home from Iraq. They won in 2007. They should have won everything in 2011 but bad characters destroyed that team. Its one game, Peavy wants the ball and its his stage tomorrow. JBay is an optomist which is great and he will look forward to tomorrows game. Me, I am a worry wart and get nervous, but for tonight, just cross it off as some bad gaffes and bad managing and get them tomorrow with Peavy. Goodnight all and good luck tomorrow night !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Man alive did John Farrell break my heart by not walking Longoria! A shocking lapse of good judgement, and it costed us the game and may well have damaged Clay's psyche a tad. Oh well, hopefully we can wrap this up next game and rest up for the next series.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

[QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.  The sox have the added pressure of proving Maddon wrong. Not that it's first on their minds but he's planted the seed...sometimes that's all it takes. I hope this ends tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and theyll come out tight if theres a game five. One would HOPE the Red Sox were smart enough to see the stupid game hes playing, punch him and his team in the face tomorrow, walk over their corpse and be done with it. One would hope.....

25. This post has been removed.