ALDS starters announced

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ALDS starters announced

Lester game 1, Lackey game 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: ALDS starters announced

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Lester game 1, Lackey game 2

The last time the Red Sox played in the postseason, Jon Lester faced John Lackey in Game 1 of the 2009 American League Divisional Series:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA200910080.shtml

The game came only days after Globe scribe Dan Shaughnessy had taunted Lackey in a column:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/10/04/angels_lacking_answers/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

This was more or less projected.  Lackey has pitched very well at Fenway this year (.641 OPS vs .758)

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbett

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Lackey game two. Good for him. He's taken a beating over his time here. What a complete turnaround.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, Lackey should pitch game #2 cuz he is a better pitcher at home than on the road.   I think Lackey only won like two games on the road this year.  But it is not his fault cuz he lack run support.   Peavy and Bucholtz both have pitched well on the road.  So that all set it up perfectly for the rotation!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Peter Abraham was saying this over a week ago.  Lackey ahead of Buchholz because Lackey pitches better at home than on the road.  If the Rays win tonight, Lackey goes against Price on Saturday. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Buch should pitch Game 1. By far, the best pitcher on the staff.  

Yup. I agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup. I agree.

[/QUOTE] Morning Pumps..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup. I agree.

[/QUOTE]

But he just came back from DL, and only pitched four games since DL.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

but isnt he "injury prone"???  we should probably just DFA him.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Hope Peavy don't have to pitch in ALDS with Sox clinching in 3 straight.  Wishful thinking, but hoping.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

Hope Peavy don't have to pitch in ALDS with Sox clinching in 3 straight.  Wishful thinking, but hoping.

Why?  Is the fourth starter for the Rays or Indians any better than Peavey?  Archer, perhaps, but a good matchup.  But Kazmir/Kluber, no.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How come no one else remembers when Pedey got a double off Lackey in the ALDS (I think 2008) Lackey called Pedey out claiming Pedey was showing him up.  I think said something like "the guys is acting like Babe Ruth hitting a game winning HR in the WS" - something to that effect - It was like the only time I ever heard anyone speak negatively of Pedey....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lackey is one of the guys you like if he is on your team and hate if he isn't. I don't really care what he said about Pedey in 08.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Lackey is one of the guys you like if he is on your team and hate if he isn't. I don't really care what he said about Pedey in 08.

I am with you but it sure wasn't cool when he said it at the time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

I am with you but it sure wasn't cool when he said it at the time

[/QUOTE]

I agree. but thats exactly my point. Lackey is kind of a jerk, but now he's our jerk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it is one of the reasons i have hated him for years.  i am trying to like him this year.  obviously the way he showed up to spring training (in shape) and the effectiveness of his starts have helped sway me.  but the dude is a Richard deep down.  he shows up his fielders.  he's done it a couple/few times this season but not nearly as much as in the past so....i am trying......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

Why?  Is the fourth starter for the Rays or Indians any better than Peavey?  Archer, perhaps, but a good matchup.  But Kazmir/Kluber, no.

[/QUOTE]

Archer?? Pfft..Hes got lit up big time his last few starts. Hes obviously hitting a wall. No way is he better than peavy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

it is one of the reasons i have hated him for years.  i am trying to like him this year.  obviously the way he showed up to spring training (in shape) and the effectiveness of his starts have helped sway me.  but the dude is a Richard deep down.  he shows up his fielders.  he's done it a couple/few times this season but not nearly as much as in the past so....i am trying......

Im with ya Slasher. He just comes off as an arrogant jerk. Im sure hes a good teammate, but I dont really care to try and "like" him. I just want him to pitch good while hes here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Archer?? Pfft..Hes got lit up big time his last few starts. Hes obviously hitting a wall. No way is he better than peavy...

[/QUOTE]

I agree Southpaw.  But, for the sake of argument, I am giving allowance here just based on raw numbers.  But, I like Peavey in that match-up, no question.  Experience.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Peavy is paid like an "ace" and pitches like Paul Byrd.

Well, not actually paid like an ace, just a solid pitcher (sad as a statement that is on the nature of player salaries), and he is actually much, much better than Paul Byrd.  Please spare me pulling up the numbers.