All on Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

All on Lackey

Both teams were tired, but the pitchers were fresh, and in our case so were Drew and Salty. 

So, when Lackey gets off to a terrible start, the hitters pretty much packed it in, especially when they knew that there wouldn't be much bullpen available to shore up Lackey.    What was the point in hitting?  Besides, Pineiro was pitching pretty well. 

The Sox are still 4 games back of the Yankees, who also lost.  TB won, however, and are, I think, 1 game back of the Yankees.

For tomorrow the bullpen should be recovered, if not fully rested, and the Twins are in town.  Can Wakefield pull off another miracle?  Will the hitters hit?  Tune in. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: All on Lackey

Lackey took one for the team today I think. When he was struggling, he might have been taken out earlier, but the bullpen needed whatever break it could get.

He had been good his last couple of outings so hopefully, he'll bounce back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

About as bad a game as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I'm sure we will all read tomorrow how the ball came out of Lackey's hand great, that he thought he pitched well, and the hits just found holes and were cheapies. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yesterday was for me a perfect example of the value of starting pitching.  Granted, the Angels also had the momentum of having won the game before--13 innings, 7 hours, battle of bullpens, etc--but Lackey was the key.

I thought the wheels were coming off with the first hitter in the 2d, whom Lackey hit when the count was 0-2.  Inexcusable.  And the Angels made the most of it with three runs.  That was the ballgame right there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Fans will have to hear Lackey say how good the ball was coming out of his hand right through the season of 2014.
    He's not going anywhere.   John Henry is not about to eat his salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

diamondtalk,

with THEO as GM, JOHN HENRY has had a steady diet of eating contracts.
    time for JOHN HENRY to eat THEO'S contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The point is the RS scored zero runs. Can't win a game with no run support no matter how well you pitch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He is what he is but he's the least of our problems.

It was the right decision to make at the time:  Theo could have used 85 million to go after Bay (the best available bat that year) or Lackey (the best available starter that year).....I'd take Lackey then I'd still take him now, all things considered......If he can win 13-14 games and give you 200 innings it wouldn't be a complete bust.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield never pulls off any miracle. Seattle is one of the worst offenses in MLB. That last start is what Wakefield's mop buckett has been for going on 3 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

Best post of thread was from Allibeike. Good post sir.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Lackey is a bust, despite claims about "quality starts". He was paid to do more than "quality starts".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m