All Youk haters please apologize here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

All Youk haters please apologize here

I'll start. I've been calling for Middlebrooks since the beginning of the season, but Youk tonight looked like he was really finding his stroke. He also made a very nice play on a line shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: All Youk haters please apologize here

In Response to All Youk haters please apologize here:
    [QUOTE]I'll start. I've been calling for Middlebrooks since the beginning of the season, but Youk tonight looked like he was really finding his stroke. He also made a very nice play on a line shot.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I like what Middlebrooks is doing -- enough that if Youk could be traded for pitching help or some other other need, I might consider it. But I was always for giving him the chance to come out of the slump. He is coming off surgery so it should have been expected that he might start slow.

But we see this every year -- top players who start the year slow. Look at Pujols in California, Texieria in years past, Ortiz, etc. It should be standard that posts should be tempered with a bit of patience when guys slump to start the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I have always admired Youk's work ethic and attitude, but a surge out of his early slump would be a great time to shop him to one of the Ohio teams. Middlebrooks should get his months of MLB look, this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: All Youk haters please apologize here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to All Youk haters please apologize here : I like what Middlebrooks is doing -- enough that if Youk could be traded for pitching help or some other other need, I might consider it. But I was always for giving him the chance to come out of the slump. He is coming off surgery so it should have been expected that he might start slow. But we see this every year -- top players who start the year slow. Look at Pujols in California, Texieria in years past, Ortiz, etc. It should be standard that posts should be tempered with a bit of patience when guys slump to start the year.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]If Youk were to be traded for pitching, and I'm not totally opposed to that, it would be nice to get maximum value for him. That would mean he'd need to be playing like Youk. So go Youk! And go Middlebrooks, do you think Middlebrooks could put up 20 dingers by june roy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I have always admired Youk's work ethic and attitude, but a surge out of his early slump would be a great time to shop him to one of the Ohio teams. Middlebrooks should get his months of MLB look, this season.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]Another good point softy. You're on a roll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Another good point softy. You're on a roll." 

Yesterday softy wanted to trade Youk when he wasn't performing for a wing and a drumstick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Its telling to note how many posters want to ship a proven performer out of town, whenever they have an inevitable slump.(Papi, Youk)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think most agree this is youks last season in Boston with Middlebrooks looking so good. But it doesn't take a genius to see he should get at least a couple of months--or more--to get back on track. A solid hitter for a long time. His problem is his volatility and tendency to insert foot in mouth, but he has always played hard. He and pedey are two Charlie hustles on the same team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No one would want to take Youkilis if he is making 10 plus million dollars a year at the same time he is going to be a free agent after this season.

That is the problem.

Unless a team want a 24 to 48 hours window to make a contract extension with Youkilis before taking him via trade.

Youkilis is more likely remain as a Sox for the rest of the season.

Maybe he could be trade to a contender at the same time the Sox are out of the playoff contention!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

People always make snap judgements in April.  Like all of a sudden Youk isn't Youk anymore and he can't hit ever again because he had a bad three weeks.

If Middlebrooks is still tearing it up in late June and Youk is still hitting 220 in late June then there might be a change.

Not in April.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I will not apologize. One game of success, no way. And he made a error to counter the "line shot" play. I do hope he rakes so a) we are a better team and win and b) his trade value goes up so he is gone soon so Middlebrooks can take his place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to All Youk haters please apologize here:
    [QUOTE]I'll start. I've been calling for Middlebrooks since the beginning of the season, but Youk tonight looked like he was really finding his stroke. He also made a very nice play on a line shot.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Never given up on Youk, but you're a man to admit your place, Carnie.

I'm looking forward to Middlebrooks, but not yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I have always admired Youk's work ethic and attitude, but a surge out of his early slump would be a great time to shop him to one of the Ohio teams. Middlebrooks should get his months of MLB look, this season.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but those months shouldn't start until July (barring injury).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]I will not apologize. One game of success, no way. And he made a error to counter the "line shot" play. I do hope he rakes so a) we are a better team and win and b) his trade value goes up so he is gone soon so Middlebrooks can take his place.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

In the first five games of the season, Youk was 2 for 20.  In the following 11, he's hitting .316 with an .886 OPS. 

Ready to apologize now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I have always said "Don't mess with Youk"

Also, on another thread, I said he has to go the other way......so....once again, andrewmitch is actually right.......hate to toot my own horn but no one else will!  :)