Allen Webster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Allen Webster

Hey guys, what do u think about this kid first start in mlb yesterday? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Allen Webster

I thought he shows poise far beyond his years. A first start in the majors is always difficult. That mixed with the events of the last week could have been enough to shake anybody but he kept it together. Very impressive!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

while I have only seen both on TV so far, he reminded me of STrasburg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Webster's 2 HRs were just slightly mislocated.  Catcher called down away and Webster just missed them both by an inch or two.  Without those two mistake pitches, he would had been perfect for his debut.  He should be in the rotation next season if not this year.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Chances are we will need a 6th, 7th and maybe 8th starter this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Real deal.  Loved it.  Felix better lay off the papusas, Webster is ready.  Thought it was hilarious, but totally not surprising, to get on the Board this mnorning and see a whole page of whining about vague problems and not one thread or post about Alan Webster.  So exciting.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Unbelievable stuff.  Super excited.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you Dodgers.   :)

P.S. Dodgers, Angels, Lakers and Clippers all s*ck.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Chances are we will need a 6th, 7th and maybe 8th starter this year.

We are already on 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

More cowbell!

Definitely more!

I like his off speed stuff even more than the fastball. This guy could be a major stud if he can change speeds a lot and get his curveball over as well as he did in game 1. Locating the fastball can obviously be improved but if he changes speeds more he probably gets away with more mistakes. They were just sitting totally on his fastball 2nd time around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

A 98 mph fastball doesn't get a starting pitcher very far without the complementary options.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Loved what I saw and ready for the encore. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Strengthens our hand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

B+ at very least...nasty location with the heater....looked poised...Space is right, Felix needs to up his game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

impressive considering the circumstances. Cant wait to see him in the rotation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Real deal ......  Ben needs find room for the the future !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Nice to have a surplus of starting pitching.  It gives the team more options up ahead and something, in Webster, for the fans to look forward to.  

Shutdown starters are the foundation for a winning ballclub.  They are hard to come by.  It's possible that Webster could be one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Only one game, but I liked what I saw.  Compare this with 2012, when we had to give Cook 18 starts.  This a lot more like 2007, when we had good health and Lester, Buchholz, and Gabbard for 21 starts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

A lock for second half call up. He's something special 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

The kid has velocity, off speed pitches, throws strikes.

I truly think we have a gem here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like I said at the time of the deal, the trade with the Dodgers could be the best Sox deal in my lifetime. I know, I know- Pedro! The VTek/Lowe trade! However, this deal not only brought us Webster and DLR, but also massive salary relief that will fill open roster slots for many many years to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Thank you Dodgers.   :)

P.S. Dodgers, Angels, Lakers and Clippers all s*ck.   LOL

HAHA

Will be nice the next time we see him. Hopefully more of the same!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Hate to do this but I've been saying all along he, or de la rosa would be the third starter by the end of the year. And that the sox are well built for a playoff series. The sox were afraid to turn the reigns over to the kids to start the season but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few have starring roles later on. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Like I said at the time of the deal, the trade with the Dodgers could be the best Sox deal in my lifetime. I know, I know- Pedro! The VTek/Lowe trade! However, this deal not only brought us Webster and DLR, but also massive salary relief that will fill open roster slots for many many years to come.

B I N G O .....  Moon, have been saying the same all winter !!!!  What a deal  !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O .....  Moon, have been saying the same all winter !!!!  What a deal  !!!

I kind of hoped that deal was just the beginning of building for 2014 and 2015, but I have to admit, this roster is shaping up to be a legitimate contender this year if many things continue to go right all at the same time.

Although I disgareed with a lot of what Ben did after that trade, I said many times, he deserves a change to prove himself and that rushing to judgement was not fair or logical.

So far- so good for Ben and the Sox.