An Awful Team Charging The Highest Prices In Baseball-Your Boston Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

An Awful Team Charging The Highest Prices In Baseball-Your Boston Red Sox

Think about what it costs for a family of four to attend a baseball game at Fenway Park.  Think about how little the players care about the fans.  Think about how much ownership cares about their bottom line and then take a ride to the Cape and take in some great baseball being played by kids hoping to make it to the bigs.  Fenway and the Red Sox should be on their own poster for how to get rich while under achieving and not caring.  I'll take in a game when I can get a box seat for 20 bucks, a beer for a deuce and a hot dog for a buck.  Right!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: An Awful Team Charging The Highest Prices In Baseball-Your Boston Red Sox

They really should have lowered prices like a couple other teams did...They are completely out of touch with the fans.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The only reason I went to so many games later in the year was I could by $15 bleacher seats and sit 3 rows behind the opposing teams on deck circle...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

why would they lower prices?  people are paying.  supply and demand.  they release the statement that they aren't raising prices like that's an awesome thing.  fenway has been the highest price ticket in baseball for years.  i dont expect that to ever change unless fans stop going.  the days of getting into the bleachers for $4 day of the game are long over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I've been a Sox fan since 1949 but only been to two games at Fenway.  Great ambiance.  Food OK.  But horrible sight lines, so bad I would probably never go again. 

There are all kinds of minor league teams around America, and by and large they all deserve fan support because they provide good baseball in person at a reasonable price.  I think baseball is the best sport to see in person, just not at Fenway. 

I think Fenway thrives in part because of the size.  It's small enough that with a good fanbase,which they have, they can fill the seats when so-so teams come to town.  I'm pretty sure they have averaged about 3 million attendance per year for several years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Hopefully ticket sales will suffer when they go on sale.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If people are going to pay why would they lower their prices. They are in the business to make money not help other people save money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

It is a business supply and demand......amazing how many do not understand Business 101. Boston metro has near 6million people ave income 80k Tampa 69k and 3 mil. More people more money higher prices. Tampa could not support boston prices. Just like Boston may not be able to support LA or NY prices. You get what the market can bear. Too make a difference you would need a very large portion of the fan base ( 1 to 2 mil) to boycott the RS games.   So can we finally stop this yearly b!tchfest

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I started a thread on this subject a few day ago.

I'll try to bump it to the front page , if I can find it, rather than repeating myself.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.