Another MVP for Mauro Gomez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Another MVP for Mauro Gomez

First baseman Mauro Gomez (pictured), who took home the International League MVP award earlier this year for his performance with the Pawtucket Red Sox, won another Most Valuable honor on Friday, sharing the award in the Liga de Beisbol Profesional de la Republicana Dominicana (Dominican Republic Professional Baseball League) with a former PawSox, Hector Luna.

Gomez played in 49 games for Leones del Escogido (Escogido Lions), hitting .242/.369/.455 with 10 doubles, two triples, eight home runs, 33 runs scored, and 37 RBI in 178 at-bats. He led the league in runs scored and runs batted in, and had two game-winning grand slams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Another MVP for Mauro Gomez

nice! i like gomez

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Keep up the great work Gomez!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Guy deserves a chance to play...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guy deserves a chance to play...

[/QUOTE]

Josh Beckett and John Lackey are looking for you.   ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mauro seems like the classic AAAA player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

maybe not. looks like hes making the jump to me.. some guys are just late bloomers. some would argue that papi was a AAAA player prior to coming to boston..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

I'd like to see Gomez get a shot. I think he could be comperable to Napoli for way less money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

His somewhat unimpressive 2012 stats were helped greatly by his .347 BAbip. 

Small sample size, but still, I think many of the believers here are basing their hopes on that same sample size and some awesome numbers from AAA.

I hope he busts out with us, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There was some talk about him going to Japan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

think you got him mixed up woth Loney...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

He really crushes the ball doesn't he? If he winds up back in Pawtucket they could have a pretty deadly lineup between him, Brentz, Linares and possibly Lavarnaway and Iglesias. And with a rotation featuring DeLaRosa, Webster, Chris Hernandez, Drake Britton and Steven Wright it might be a good year to catch some games in Rhode Island.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ya I also read that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patience. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I am one of those who think we may be giving up Mauro too soon.  If we are taking chances on others who are playing at a much (?) lower level than he has been, why aren't we checking him out more fully? 

His small sample in the ML is not so terrible, and begging an unintended beating of Lavarnway, it seems to be far better than other small samples.

Ciriaco seems to be another one we have passed over in similar ways ... until he made such a sold impact last season.  I know Ciriaco is a year older, but I wonder how many of our prospects have been passed over in some fashion that never gives them a chance to help the big club.  As a matter of fact, Ciriaco seems to be completely overlooked again.  I see little  evidence of his importance, even though he is on the 40 man roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

First baseman  Mauro Gomez (pictured), who took home the International League MVP award earlier this year for his performance with the Pawtucket Red Sox, won another Most Valuable honor on Friday, sharing the award in the Liga de Beisbol Profesional de la Republicana Dominicana (Dominican Republic Professional Baseball League) with a former PawSox,  Hector Luna.   Gomez played in 49 games for Leones del Escogido (Escogido Lions), hitting .242/.369/.455 with 10 doubles, two triples, eight home runs, 33 runs scored, and 37 RBI in 178 at-bats. He led the league in runs scored and runs batted in, and had two game-winning grand slams.

[/QUOTE]
    And that translatest to nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

And that translatest to nothing.

More brilliant insightful analysis from the board's smartest poster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Good news on Gomez and another key piece of information that sceams "Walk awway from Naploi!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"AAAA"

That's what TWM called Reddick in 2011.

In 2012 he hit 32 homers and earned a Gold Glove.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Loney should've been immediately released upon being aquired by Boston and those gm's should've been given to Gomez to see how he would do in a 40 gm stint.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Weak CYA from the stooge. The limit on Napoli should have been 2 and base 10 total 20M. If the Tigers would not take 2 Red Sox prospects outside the top 6 from BA Red Sox internal team prospects rankings, the Red Sox should have signed Loney for 1 year and 2M and platooned him with Gomez.

[/QUOTE]

Most of the weak CYA bs on this forum seems to emanate from you softhead. Loney? Are you serious? He couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag. Nice fielder, but he seems to have no idea what to do with a baseball bat. As far as Gomez goes, I love the way he handles his stick, but he has a hard time fielding his position. So your idea for first base is to play two guys, one who can't field and another who can't hit. What do we do play one on O and the other on D?

25. This post has been removed.