Another Ortiz story

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Another Ortiz story

In response to jackbu's comment:

So Boston fans spend the weekend booing Arod.  Friday nght's game had the loudet boos ever by many reports.  Dempster nails Arod to send a message that the sox think the guy is no good.  This board is full of threads bashing Arod and calling for his sitting on the bench.

Felger and Mazz just reported that Ortiz and Arod went out to dinner together over the weekend.I keep saying Ortiz is out for himself and not a team player.  I wonder what lackey thinks with all his Arod bashing and then finding out Ortiz is playing tour guide to the roid user rat Arod.  Again, show me your friends.

Good job.

You're only about two days late with this one.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So Boston fans spend the weekend booing Arod.  Friday nght's game had the loudet boos ever by many reports.  Dempster nails Arod to send a message that the sox think the guy is no good.  This board is full of threads bashing Arod and calling for his sitting on the bench.

Felger and Mazz just reported that Ortiz and Arod went out to dinner together over the weekend.I keep saying Ortiz is out for himself and not a team player.  I wonder what lackey thinks with all his Arod bashing and then finding out Ortiz is playing tour guide to the roid user rat Arod.  Again, show me your friends.

Now Jackbu, you know that all the "looker the other way gang" will be taking exception to this report !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

another weak attempt to bash Papi.....

get over it JackBU.... you have some serious deep seeded issues over Papi.

can you even go 1 week without trying to twist some lame non-issue regarding Ortiz into a contreversial talking point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hi Bill:  I am thinking this thread will either be unpopular or gone very soon.

so Fourb's:  You are never short on words.  What is your opinion on Ortiz an Aroid having dinner together.  Possibly they were comparing laundry lists?

As DAD would say ..............   "SON, you can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep"  !!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The fans take the rivalry for more seriously than the players do. At least some of the players. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hi Bill:  I am thinking this thread will either be unpopular or gone very soon.

so Fourb's:  You are never short on words.  What is your opinion on Ortiz an Aroid having dinner together.  Possibly they were comparing laundry lists?

As DAD would say ..............   "SON, you can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep"  !!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

you know what they say....

birds of a feather bash Ortiz together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Who really cares about whether these guys had dinner together.  They could be friends for many years and such a friendship might be able to withstand the PED issue that Arod is involved in.  I am sure that lots of professional athletes visit with each other when in the same city for a baseball series.

None issue, no story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Who really cares about whether these guys had dinner together.  They could be friends for many years and such a friendship might be able to withstand the PED issue that Arod is involved in.  I am sure that lots of professional athletes visit with each other when in the same city for a baseball series.

None issue, no story.

it's both an issue and a story if your sole intention for coming to this board is to bash big papi... hence the stupid OP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/08/alex-rodriguez-says-he-wants-to-seek-out-jonny-gomes-dustin-pedroia-david-ortiz-to-talk-about-accusations/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FE-517. Show FE-517's posts

I'm still waiting for Big Floppy to clear up his own ROID allegations.  He has whined about being linked to the 2003 list repeatedly, but he never "cleared up the mess". Any sane fan knows he's a cheater, and if you don't, you can't read. Just look at his stats and overlay the years. If/when he gets caught, we'll just be looking at another Ryan Braun.

I am happy to see that most Red Sox fans on these forums saw Dumpster's actions as classless and over the top. However, for the "fans" in attendance, it was pathetic, as were the cheers of the fawning pink-hatters.

We all hate ArOD. I wish he would go away. But the players union negotiated the current CBA and the rights are the rights. Since Dumpster is a big union guy, maybe he should throw at his own empty head?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stick with the Paw Sox , JACK.............you're not MLB ready and never will be.

Good job.

You're only about two days late with this one.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it has been a pawsox weekend.  So did anyone talk about this or as usual did you and some pretend it never happened.  But thanks for confirming the story, you usually deny anything I post.

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

another weak attempt to bash Papi.....

get over it JackBU.... you have some serious deep seeded issues over Papi.

can you even go 1 week without trying to twist some lame non-issue regarding Ortiz into a contreversial talking point?

Just reporting what I am hearing and not making anything up.  I guess the message is that if Ortiz likes Arod enough to have dinner with him, then the rest of us should like him too.  After all, David is a stand up guy with good morales and judgement.

A-Rod said Friday night he wanted to talk to Ortiz, PD and Gomes. Ortiz was asked about it and said he would listen to what he had to say, as he would anyone else. Apparently, Saturday, he did just that. I see no problem with it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FE-517. Show FE-517's posts

Big Floppy:

"The list was leaked by anonymous lawyers with knowledge of the results although they did not reveal which drugs had been detected in Ortiz's case. Within days of the news breaking, Ortiz gave a heartfelt press conference in which he denied PED use but said he "definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying legal supplements and legal vitamins over the counter."

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

Funny how good your numbers got all of a sudden.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The important thing here is that Ortiz hss jackbu around to tell him what is appropriate behavior fot an MLB player and what his teammates will expect and understand.  Thankfully he has all of his MLB experiences to draw from. ..

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Except you dont know what was discussed or what went on. Big leap of assumption here. If I was Ortiz, Id have talked to the guy. Talking and going along with what he did are two different things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hope Ortiz was careful with what he said. A-Rod may have been wearing a wire.

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to FE-517's comment:

I'm still waiting for Big Floppy to clear up his own ROID allegations.  He has whined about being linked to the 2003 list repeatedly, but he never "cleared up the mess". Any sane fan knows he's a cheater, and if you don't, you can't read. Just look at his stats and overlay the years. If/when he gets caught, we'll just be looking at another Ryan Braun.

I am happy to see that most Red Sox fans on these forums saw Dumpster's actions as classless and over the top. However, for the "fans" in attendance, it was pathetic, as were the cheers of the fawning pink-hatters.

We all hate ArOD. I wish he would go away. But the players union negotiated the current CBA and the rights are the rights. Since Dumpster is a big union guy, maybe he should throw at his own empty head?

Good post Triumph...remember Manny was also one of the biggest offenders out there and he was Papi's BFF...I remember when he tested positive Papi made some lame excuse for him...sadly MLB players have a fraternity of sorts that goes beyond team rivalry...it's called privilige and they are all in that exclusive club...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Seek help with your obsession.  It is very unhealthy.