Another poster ready to retire

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Another poster ready to retire

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

I have only posted when I felt the topic was game related. But after clicking on and reading the personal battles between posters, this Sox fan since 1966 has decided to stop taking looks at this site for accurate Sox news.

Somehow this site, got bigger than the Sox and was about individual ego, who has the most posts, who can out insult who, sorry, folks, I am done clicking on and seeing more of the same.

Sorry to hear that Lefty. i enjoiy your posts here.

I took a couple week break a little bit ago and it did some good. I understand the frustration. Ive added a couple people the last day or so to my ignore list and it helps to sift through the trollish nonsense. Hope you will come back. If you would like to chat during the games just go to the thread with the website as the title. We have the ability to kick anyone out of there we want so no nonsense. Good debates go on without all the BS.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Congratulations, softy. It looks like you're winning.  :-(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

This board is a place filled with wicked people with big egos. It should be a place strictly for fellowship discussing all that is good about Red Sox baseball. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the entire cart of apples.

I hear you softy. Its really wicked when a poster targets one particular player for abuse and criticism, and wont let up. Thats the worst kind of online treachery.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Lefty, sorry to hear it, genuine Sox fans who want to focus on baseball talk struggle in this forum. 

To be honest with you, however, it's not the personal attacks that have ravaged this forum and turned it into what it is, it's the lackluster moderation. (trying to put that as kindly as possible)

I suspect that a focused and dedicated fan like you might like a more thoughtfully moderated forum. 

I haven't really made a study of it but I know for example soxtalk.com is much more "on topic" and carefully moderated. 

For example, back when BDC was attempting a bit more moderation they banned softy, and he went over to soxtalk.com and didn't make it to 20 posts before they figured him out over there. He was either banned or humiliated by smart baseball types, I don't know, but he never got past 20 posts. It's a good clean board and folks are definitely banned over there if they cross lines. I doubt Bill-806 would make it a week over there either.....

Maybe the solution is to spend some time on a board like that and a bit on this board in Moon's "Realistic" thread. Do stick around!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Lefty, sorry to hear it, genuine Sox fans who want to focus on baseball talk struggle in this forum. 

To be honest with you, however, it's not the personal attacks that have ravaged this forum and turned it into what it is, it's the lackluster moderation. (trying to put that as kindly as possible)

I suspect that a focused and dedicated fan like you might like a more thoughtfully moderated forum. 

I haven't really made a study of it but I know for example soxtalk.com is much more "on topic" and carefully moderated. 

For example, back when BDC was attempting a bit more moderation they banned softy, and he went over to soxtalk.com and didn't make it to 20 posts before they figured him out over there. He was either banned or humiliated by smart baseball types, I don't know, but he never got past 20 posts. It's a good clean board and folks are definitely banned over there if they cross lines. I doubt Bill-806 would make it a week over there either.....

Maybe the solution is to spend some time on a board like that and a bit on this board in Moon's "Realistic" thread. Do stick around!

Nice Post, BTS.. I Only Check In A Couple Times A Week, The 806-Minnow Is Sinking....

Wink.....