any doubt the CARDS get swept again by us? 2004 = 2013?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

any doubt the CARDS get swept again by us? 2004 = 2013?

yep i'm lookin past game 6.. just a formality like with cards and dodgers. clay will b lights out for 7 and maxy will get blowed out by the 5th as we beat up on that jabro bullpen. cards and NL baseball just dont match up with our team.. period! next season, the tigs will pick up the second best free agent.. JENNY CRAIG! WITH BETTER BODIES and not leading  the league in calories, will b awesome. nelson cruz and perhalta will b deadly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: any doubt the CARDS get swept again by us? 2004 = 2013?

Whether it is us or Detroit I hope that we can beat St. Louis.  I had really hoped that the Dodgers were playing in the World Series not St. Louis.  I will be very unhappy to see St. Louis win another World Series.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Calm down.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yep i'm lookin past game 6.. just a formality like with cards and dodgers. clay will b lights out for 7 and maxy will get blowed out by the 5th as we beat up on that jabro bullpen. cards and NL baseball just dont match up with our team.. period! next season, the tigs will pick up the second best free agent.. JENNY CRAIG! WITH BETTER BODIES and not leading  the league in calories, will b awesome. nelson cruz and perhalta will b deadly

[/QUOTE]

Your first mistake is looking past game 6 of this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

St. Louis is a very, very strong team.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

St. Louis is a very, very strong team.

[/QUOTE]

So are the Tigers, though not as strong with a less than healthy Miggy.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CC, if your ignorant, ego-centric hubris screws up this team's chances, you should permanently ban yourself from these boards.  This is one of the dumbest posts ever created on these boards, and that includes anything ever posted by trolls. 

Just another in a long line of drivel, CC.  Stop being an idiot and support this team in a positive manner.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Look Guys I have dusted off my copy of Dale Carnegie's "Power of Positive Thinking" and I am confident the Tigers will not beat us, at least, in 2 games in Fenway. However, since Yogi says it ain't over til it's over, once we win we'll have 3-4 days to post about beating the Cards. Everyone of our games has been close and either team with a key hit could have won and either could have been 4-0. But I would love a breather---Tigers thought they had it with 5-0 lead in the 5th in game 2---like the Cards had last night vs LA and so what if some fans are bored with a blowout.

Bring it home today boys as it this were Game 7. I don't give a hoot about lost revenues at Fenway, TV ads revenues too and probably many baseball fans liking the excitement of our series as opposed to the Nat League's, of seeing a Game 7.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well..I have one major doubt that we will sweep the Cards. What is it you ask..? Well..there is that small matter that we have not yet won the ALCS.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Game 6 is bigger than Game 5

I guarantee the Cards won't get swept by the Tigers or the Red Sox

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... Cannot run faster than the ball...lets concentrate in tonights 9 innings!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I pick the Red Sox over the Cardinals in seven.  

Each game will be tight (e.g. 3-2, or even 1-0).  

During the playoffs, Boston's bullpen has a 0.84 ERA in 32 innings of relief and the Cardinal's bullpen has a 1.80 ERA in 30 innings of relief.

Even if Boston's lineup works the count until the Cardinals starting pitcher leaves the game, they will have to deal with their stingy bullpen.   

But anyway, I pick Boston in seven.   Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Have you watched Wacha pitch in the post season? He's been virtually unhittable and beat Kershaw twice, including the clutch Game 6 performance when he only gave up 2 hits in 7 innings. This will be a good series and there is no reason for over confidence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

The sox will take it one game at a time like they have all season, they never get to high of to low, that consistency has been the key to their success all year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have you watched Wacha pitch in the post season? He's been virtually unhittable and beat Kershaw twice, including the clutch Game 6 performance when he only gave up 2 hits in 7 innings. This will be a good series and there is no reason for over confidence.

[/QUOTE]

Wacha looks terrific, but after beating Verlander, Scherzer, Price & Moore this post-season, Wacha and Wainwright feel like a breather.  And our guys will be facing a much less talented and balanced lineup than Detroit's, featuring a DH in Allen Craig who hasn't faced live pitching in five weeks.

Sox in five.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yes, I have serious doubts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

My ranking would be:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!  Smartest post of this thread !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wacha looks terrific, but after beating Verlander, Scherzer, Price & Moore this post-season, Wacha and Wainwright feel like a breather.  And our guys will be facing a much less talented and balanced lineup than Detroit's, featuring a DH in Allen Craig who hasn't faced live pitching in five weeks.

Sox in five.

[/QUOTE]

The Cardinals lineup 1-9 is every bit as good as the Tigers.  They are also hitting.  This will be a good series.  I live in the midwest and my son is a huge Cardinal fan so I have seen them many times on T.V. And in person.  I am a die hard Sox fan so I hope Sox win but it is going to be tough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Take a valium and relax. DO NOT take this Cardinals team lightly. Will we sweep them? No. I predict a Sox win, but I think it will take at LEAST 5, and maybe 6 or 7. If the Sox win the first two, they might do it in 5, but if we split or lose the first two it will take much longer. They have a little guy named Yadier Molina behind the plate, who is well known for throwing out basically every baserunner that attempts to steal a base. Where's your team speed go then? They also happen to have three kids in the bullpen that throw around 100 mph. Joaquin Benoit they aint. They are proven winners, battle tested, and have a flair for the dramatic. They led baseball with a .330 BA w/risp this season, and also led the league in two strike hitting. They are also infamous for jumping on and crushing first pitch fastballs, especially Molina. If you think the Sox are going to waltz in there and walk over them, youre in for a disappointment. I hate the Cardinals more than any other team, even more than NYY, but one thing I wont do is take them lightly. They are too dangerous. Although, that being said, the Cardinals have not faced a team like Boston yet. They beat a neophite Pirates team who was thrilled just to be there, and with whom they were very familiar, then beat a hollow Dodger team racked with injuries--and had home field advantage against both. The Red Sox will be by far the best team they have seen all season, they will not have HFA, and THAT is where the advantage lies for us. 

25. This post has been removed.