Anybody interested in smardzja?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

Anybody interested in smardzja?

what would thoe and cubs want for him?i think since he is the ace of the cubs he would be a great asset to the sox.he is pretty proven.he is pretty durable.and he is younger.would the cubs take peavy( who i like),or dempster with some prospects.theo knows the guys well enough.i think he would fit in good at third starter.after buch and lester.and before lackey and a guy not traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

Re: Anybody interested in smardzja?

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what would thoe and cubs want for him?i think since he is the ace of the cubs he would be a great asset to the sox.he is pretty proven.he is pretty durable.and he is younger.would the cubs take peavy( who i like),or dempster with some prospects.theo knows the guys well enough.i think he would fit in good at third starter.after buch and lester.and before lackey and a guy not traded.

[/QUOTE]

It would take a lot more than an older pitcher and a couple of prospects to get him.  They would start at Doubront and a top pitching prospect like Owens, Webster or Ranaudo....AND probably a higher position player prospect to even get them to listen.  Theo knows the system and would do what he can to steal as many pieces of our system as possible.  Face it.....the Red Sox WILL NOT be making ANY big deal with the Cubs anytime soon.  And by anytime soon I mean 15 years......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Any deal the Cubs make would have to be geared towards the future because they will not compete next year.  They would have zero interest in a pitcher who only has one year of team control left and is older.  I would think more along the lines of Middlebrooks, JBJ, Xander, Doubront, Workman, Owens, Webster, Barnes or Ranuado.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

no! he is  a flash in the pan... a two year pan... but a flash none the less

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And "Ace" on the Cubs certainly doesnt mean an ace in the ALE. Not for what they want...Pass

We dont need starting pitching. We have a surplus. Yes, you can never have enought pitching, but were not in a situation where we have to give up good young controllable players for a guy like JS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Samardzjia does fit on a lot of teams.  Like your Fantasy Baseball team for example.

But the Red Sox? Not needed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the Patriots will make a run at him. Tom Brady could certainly use a tall WR, especially in the red zone...LOL!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Can he grow a beard?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can he grow a beard?

[/QUOTE]

No, and I offer his current attempt at facial hair as proof...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The thing about him is, he is already looking for extension. Not good, you have Lester to worry about. Then you have to give Prospects up. Counter-Productive in every aspect. For a guy that is alright I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I'm not sure I'm interested in him.  First I'd like to know how to prounouce his name.  I believe you're missing a vowel.  You really shouldn't shortchange him with a name like that.