Anyone Hoping for a $13 Million Man?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Anyone Hoping for a $13 Million Man?

Knowing the issues with Napoli, does anyone hope for and expect him to satisfy the needs of all the contract so he earns the full amount...

I know many of us expect the worst.  Others are sure if it.  Are there any that hope he has a year that fills out his highest hopes and the FO's best expectations?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Anyone Hoping for a $13 Million Man?

obviously i want him to do his best. if that means he earns 13 mil then so be it. idc if we go over the luxury tax because we already reset the tax in 2012 and also over the next 2 years all of our current expendatures will be off the books and we will be under the tax again.

anyone hoping he doesn't fufill the bonuses of the contract just to save a couple of bucks isn't a fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He's been solid during short ST season and I hope he continues in regular season and stays healthy all year long.  We need his bat now more than ever since Ortiz is doubtful for the opening day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I expect he'll be healthy this year and have a big year at the plate. IMO playing 1B rather than catcher will allow him to stay on the field better than he usually does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would expect Napoli to get his 13mm this year....his condition, it is hard to call it an injury since it never really sidelined him yet....his condition doesnt seem to be affecting his play....and if he gets the PA's we expect he will be worth it...well as much as any other Ballpalyer is worth what they make.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Naps indeed puts up solid numbers for the Sox, do you guys see Sox sign him to extention, trade him before the deadline, or offer him QO at the end of the season?  If our FO does not move WMB to 1B and have Boggy man the 3B, we really don't have choise from the FA market next season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If Naps indeed puts up solid numbers for the Sox, do you guys see Sox sign him to extention, trade him before the deadline, or offer him QO at the end of the season?  If our FO does not move WMB to 1B and have Boggy man the 3B, we really don't have choise from the FA market next season.  

I think it would be smart to go year to year with Naps. I agree with you that I think hes going to put up good numbers this year as well as stay on the field. Hes looked much better than expected at 1b and his power numbers are there as well.

As far as WMB and Bogy go, for now X will start in the minors and WMB will be our 3b for 2013.  I think this issue can be revisited at the end of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think it all depends on how the Sox are playing at the trade deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Despite retaining three catchers on a 30-man roster in my keeper rotisserie league, I paid more than five times Yahoo's projected value* for Mike Napoli at our auction on Sunday. Adrian Gonzalez went for only $2 more than what I paid for Napoli.

I guess that makes me a Mike Napoli believer.

* the Yahoo! projected value is based on a system that has batting average as a category, while my league substitutes on-base percentage for batting average

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I think it all depends on how the Sox are playing at the trade deadline.

And, if Napoli would agree to a contract stipulation, insuring that if his hip fails, the Sox have a reasonable out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

After the way the media ripped into Crawford, Lugo and Lackey, can Napoli avoid the Boston media's hunger for blood?...they love it when a guy fails. It gives them something to write and talk about.

Unless he gets off to a fast start...watch the vultures pounce on this guy quickly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

IF...he puts up solid numbers than I think they should sign him to maybe a 2 years deal worth $26 million.  He can play first and be good insaurace if Ortiz continues to have heel issues then he would be a VERY solid DH.  In that 3rd year Ortiz would be gone....Naps could be DH and WMB could move to first with Boegy in at 3rd.....  OK....looking too far in the future but we are set up for A LOT of solid options in a year or two if the prospects continue to shine.