Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????

He just hit his 3rd homerun in Rays' elimination game...
    His stay might have made different season for the Sox... anyone miss him??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????

In Response to Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????:
    [QUOTE]He just hit his 3rd homerun in Rays' elimination game... His stay might have made different season for the Sox... anyone miss him??
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

yes.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

In Response to Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????:
    [QUOTE]He just hit his 3rd homerun in Rays' elimination game... His stay might have made different season for the Sox... anyone miss him??
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Red Sox are missing a competent GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone missing Adrian Beltre????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anyone missing Adrian Beltre???? : yes.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Not in the least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Why???  Even if we kept Beltre we would have an outstanding 3rd baseman but a hurt 1st baseman in Youkilis and both of them would be getting closer towards the downside of their career, Youkilis seems to be there already who knows.  Instead we have a great gold glove 1st baseman that can obviously hit for avg. and I believe will hit for big power once he is fully healthy from the shoulder surgery.  Youkilis may or may not be here the next couple of years and Middlebrooks is one of our top prospects at 3rd base.  I miss the clutch hitting that Beltre provides, but the correct move was made last offseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

hard not 2

3 HRs  WOW!

and the dude is what 45/46 yo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

If we had Beltre, there's no telling whose ribs he would've smashed this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

...Ellsbury...

Like to see Beltre perform in few years like this...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Youk may not have gotten so dinged up staying at 1st.
    You'd have 2 Gold Glovers at the corners, and
    A RIGHT HANDED POWER BAT!
    Also, Beltre is a CLUTCH performer, unlike Gonzalez, who became microscopic in big games.
    If he'd stayed, maybe he could have smashed Crawful's ribs, thus sparing the Sox the stench of his season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I still miss him, but as someone already pointed out, we still would have an injured Youkilis instead of Gonzalez.  The Red Sox wouldn't have signed Beltre and Gonzalez unless Youkilis was traded.  This wouldn't have happened last year.  Next season, I suppose that we may see many unusual trades which could include any of the position players. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

If the SOx kept him we'd have 3 more injuries to worry about right about now. I'm glad he's doing well for someone else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere but feel it's a good copy & paste here although I discuss other players besides Beltre.  He wanted to stay with the SOX & for me that is a big factor in attempting to keep a player of his calibre.

I've said it many times before the playoffs so don't want to be a Monday Morning Quarterback. But I'd have kept Beltre & VMartinez & still gone after Agon. Get Salty as we did &, sorry to say it, but let Tek walk. Youkilis could sub at 1st & 3rd & be a DH too. Money saved from not going after Crawford would have allowed us to keep all 3 and maybe gone after Hunter Pence but even keeping mediocre Cameron, McDonald & Reddick wouldn't have been worse than Crawford. Heck, I'd have rather had our old friend Coco Crisp instead of CC. I even wish we had 10 yr older Johnny Damon before he went to Rays instead of CC. He said he didn't want to come to us and it wasn't a question of money. When someone says that, "Ask the Question Again".

Then next year we go after a Right Fielder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The worst part of this is that I am in a fantasy league with Theo and he has Beltre on his team! I tried to get him to trade Beltre to me a few weeks ago and he said, "no way! This guy's way too valuable." So I asked him why he let him go in real life in that case. He said, "Oh, that's just my day job."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

With or without Beltre we did not make the playoffs. Do I miss him, no I dont. I dont care who is on the team as long as we make the playoffs and play deep in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its these sort of thread bearers that I could do without. We really miss Clay Merideth too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I missed him BEFORE the Sox refused to even bother to negotiate with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox-hound. Show sox-hound's posts

Yes. Youk was great at first and given his age and coming back from injuries it would have been a better fit for him to stay there. With Ellsbury in CF (where he should have been all along) he'd be less likely to be in any collisions. :-) Tek will make a great coach, hard to see him go, but it's time to pass the torch.