Anyone remember the Sox/Cubs "Trial" on ESPN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Anyone remember the Sox/Cubs "Trial" on ESPN?

Anyone remember this? It was either right before or right after they were both eliminated from the 2003 playoffs. ESPN set up a mock trial moderated by Stuart Scott to see whos fan base had gotten screwed the worst over the years. Each team had representative attorneys, and called in witnesses, real life people who testified about the various ways their repsective team had ruined their lives. One of the Sox guys was a fifty something who intensely and emotionally testified that the Red Sox were largely to blame for his failed marriages and general disappointing outcome, and that his following of the team had led to so much emotional turmoil that is had totally ruined his life. It was very pathetic, but at the same time interesting--kind of like a train wreck. Anyway, I think I missed the end of it and never did know how it turned out. Who won? Anyone remember? The poor Cubs, think about it, they STILL have not won, and there is no relief in sight. Dont know about the trial, but in real life the Cubs have won that argument hands down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Anyone remember the Sox/Cubs

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone remember this? It was either right before or right after they were both eliminated from the 2003 playoffs. ESPN set up a mock trial moderated by Stuart Scott to see whos fan base had gotten screwed the worst over the years. Each team had representative attorneys, and called in witnesses, real life people who testified about the various ways their repsective team had ruined their lives. One of the Sox guys was a fifty something who intensely and emotionally testified that the Red Sox were largely to blame for his failed marriages and general disappointing outcome, and that his following of the team had led to so much emotional turmoil that is had totally ruined his life. It was very pathetic, but at the same time interesting--kind of like a train wreck. Anyway, I think I missed the end of it and never did know how it turned out. Who won? Anyone remember? The poor Cubs, think about it, they STILL have not won, and there is no relief in sight. Dont know about the trial, but in real life the Cubs have won that argument hands down.

[/QUOTE]

It's the curse of the billy goat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Interesting. Unlike the curse of the Bambino, there is no actual on-field effort you can expel against a particular team to exorcise the curse. Is a team of goats to be assembled? If so, from what city? Are they to wear Cubs unis too? Seeing as the original event took place at Wrigley, where do you go? The Cubs have a knotty problem, not sure how to break that curse. Its much more entwined in itself than the Babe curse had ever been.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So no one in this entire forum remembers this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i do not.  but FOX and ESPN used to love and drill home that "curse of the bambino" thing.

so i dont doubt they had a trial. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i do not.  but FOX and ESPN used to love and drill home that "curse of the bambino" thing.

so i dont doubt they had a trial. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems totally lost to history. Ive never heard it mentioned anywhere by anyone since the time it was originally on.