Aramis Ramirez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Aramis Ramirez

If I were cherrington I would take a run at Ramirez, and not bring Ortiz back.

It'd solve a few issues:

-Youk could DH, he seems to break down every year, even the years he hasn't been on the DL his offensive numbers decline as the season winds down.

-a quality back-up at 3rd and 1st.  So they could be more strategic with the DH, give AGon a few more games at DH because you have a gold glove caliber guy to go and fill in.

-More balance to the line-up.  It'd give you Youk, Pedroia, and Ramirez as solid RH bats to compliment Ellsbury and AGon at the top of the order.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Aramis Ramirez

I'd be fine with adding Rameriz, although he's not exactly Beltre with the leather...Just not sure they have the funds to pay him...I'm thinking he signs with the Marlins who are looking to throw around some dough this offseason....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez:
    [QUOTE]I'd be fine with adding Rameriz, although he's not exactly Beltre with the leather...Just not sure they have the funds to pay him...I'm thinking he signs with the Marlins who are looking to throw around some dough this offseason....
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a little like jumbo shrimp?  (Carlin source)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

We should of kept Beltre. I do think that the Marlins will add Reyes and or Rameriz.
    I would be surprised if they sign bid Al but they are offering contracts to a lot of players & they need 3B help

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ramirez is 33 years old and would be looking at 3 years/$45. Pass.
    Team needs to focus on pitching, and if looking to make a big splash need to look at a team like the Phils. The have a short term 1B hole, need a SS, and need controlable high end pitching prospects. They also need another OF.
    If the Sox are willing to spend money, I could see an Anderson/Reddick, Rinaudo, Iglesias type of deal for Hamels.
    Phils can't pay everybody, and while they have the pitching, they also have numerous holes, maybe making Hamels available.
    Hamels is obviously worth more, but today I would put Hamels value at 80% due to pending free agency, and 50% at the all star break. 
    Hamels is 28 years old, has pitched 200 innings the past 4 years. offering him a deal into his 33rd year is still reasonable.

SPBeckett
    SPLester
    SPHamels
    SPBucholz
    SPDoubront
    RPWeiland
    RPWheeler
    RPMorales
    RPAceves
    RPJenks
    RPBard

1BAgon
    2BPedroia
    SSScutaro
    3BYouk/Aviles
    LFCrawford
    CFEllsbury
    RFKalish
    DHYouk/Lavarnway
    CSatly/Lavarnway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]We should of kept Beltre. I do think that the Marlins will add Reyes and or Rameriz. I would be surprised if they sign bid Al but they are offering contracts to a lot of players & they need 3B help
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

I just read a article from MLB trade rumors that Marlins offered Reyes 6 YRS/ $90 M contract.  If it's true, then Reyes is not going to the Marlins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO MORE "RAMIREZ's AT FENWAY PAAAAK, PLEASE !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Ramirez would be a great signing if he can be had for the right price, but I think he is probably looking to get more than the Sox would pay. If the Sox are thinking he could in essence be an Ortiz replacement by moving Youk, they are not going to want to pay him much more AAV than Ortiz would have cost them, though I think they would go 3 years for him whereas I cant see them going more than 2 years for Papi.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In 2010, management lost Victor Martinez AND Beltre to FA, were those statistical decisions OR pennywise, pound foolish ones? I think the latter. Now its Papelbon in Philly...Better sign Ellsbury before its too late? I think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Rameriz only played 82 games in 2009, 124 games in 2010 and 149 games in 2011. He may be talent hitter, but he is an often injure proned player just like Youkilis. Plus he turned down his own option against the Cubs.  Reason he did that is to get a long big fat contract.  But I cant foresee a team that want him cuz most teams already have 3B or have their own 3b who is an often injure proned player such as A-Rod of Yankees, Youk of Boston, Wright of Mets, Beltre of Rangers, etc.  Or most team are staying away from him due his asking price is too high. 

Really, Boston can just take their time and hopefully no one will offer him anything, and then Boston can give him a last minute contract where it is bit less than Rameriz is looking for just like Boston did it with Beltre two years ago.

If he is taken quickly, then it is not a big loss to Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hanley R. is no way to get younger.

Lose Youk, get Hanley?  Net-net zero. No change.

Pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]...Better sign Ellsbury before its too late? I think so.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Once Ellsbury's contract is up, he will never be seen in a Red Sox uniform again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Really, Boston can just take their time and hopefully no one will offer him anything, and then Boston can give him a last minute contract where it is bit less than Rameriz is looking for just like Boston did it with Beltre two years ago.

UConn,

It appears that Ramirez is potential plan B for the Brewers of they lose Prince

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

People you don not really want Aramis Ramirez, the same people who are saying sign Ramirez, by July will be hanging him. He is a very lazy self centered player. He is not anyone who I would want to pay top dollar for[or any dollar for].
    The Sox would be wise to sign Beltran, play him in RF, then by June bring up Kalish, put him in RF, and let Beltran DH. Of course that means not signing Ortiz, and getting Beltran to agree to such a idea. By not signing Ortiz the Sox could use that money to sign a top starter. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE If the Sox are willing to spend money, I could see an Anderson/Reddick, Rinaudo, Iglesias type of deal for Hamels. Phils can't pay everybody, and while they have the pitching, they also have numerous holes, maybe making Hamels available. Hamels is obviously worth more, but today I would put Hamels value at 80% due to pending free agency, and 50% at the all star break.  Hamels is 28 years old, has pitched 200 innings the past 4 years. offering him a deal into his 33rd year is still reasonable. Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Phillies outspend the the Sox when it comes to payroll.  They just signed Paps to a big contract with their can't afford to pay everybody money.  Hamels is a part of arguably the best starting staff in MLB and the Phillies would not trade a front line pitcher for kids from the Sox bountiful minor league stock.  Add to that the fact that it would mean another 12-15 mil 4-5 yr contract for the Sox even if the Phils were idiots and it happened.  There is nobody in the Sox minor leagues that could possibly be of interest to the Phillies for Hamel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In 2010, management lost Victor Martinez AND Beltre to FA, were those statistical decisions OR pennywise, pound foolish ones? I think the latter. Now its Papelbon in Philly...Better sign Ellsbury before its too late? I think so.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

No after the 2010 season they offerd both arbitration both declined and the Sox reaped the benefit of adding draft picks. They then traded for Adrian Gonzalez, which nessecited them moving Youk to 3rd who was also under contract for two more seasons add to that, they alredy had Papi under contract to DH. Vmart was a redundent talant with no position to play, becasue they concluded and so too did 29 other teams that VMarts days a catcher were behind him.

Signing Beltre and Vmart to long term deals vs adding Gonzalez and having the flexibilty afforded them with Papi's contract expiring and Youk under the teams control for 2 more years was the reason behind allowing both to walk...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Really, Boston can just take their time and hopefully no one will offer him anything, and then Boston can give him a last minute contract where it is bit less than Rameriz is looking for just like Boston did it with Beltre two years ago. UConn, It appears that Ramirez is potential plan B for the Brewers of they lose Prince
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well, let the Brewers have him since Rameriz's asking price is already too high (he stated he wanted a 3 years to 4 years contract which that was why he opted out of Cubs's contract).  

That is why I think that it is not a loss to Boston if he goes elsewhere for more $$4/more years since Boston already have a 3B on their roster.  

Like I said it before, be aggressive on signing a starting pitcher or two/closer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez : I just read a article from MLB trade rumors that Marlins offered Reyes 6 YRS/ $90 M contract.  If it's true, then Reyes is not going to the Marlins.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Length of contract is more important than $$/yr. Reyes does want a hundred million contract, and if the Marlins were to offer 100/7, I bet he'd jump....less money but longer contract.
    That also opens up an opportunity for Hanley to be traded. he's not going to be happy being displaced by Reyes, and may ask to be traded. I said many times on this forum that that ship has sailed, but it may just be coming back to port.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Ramirez is not worth it and would not be a good fit in Boston. I would much prefer Michael Young to play 3B, and I think we could get him straight up for Beckett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez : Length of contract is more important than $$/yr. Reyes does want a hundred million contract, and if the Marlins were to offer 100/7, I bet he'd jump....less money but longer contract. That also opens up an opportunity for Hanley to be traded. he's not going to be happy being displaced by Reyes, and may ask to be traded. I said many times on this forum that that ship has sailed, but it may just be coming back to port.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

But, I thought Iglesias was the future ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Ramirez is not worth it and would not be a good fit in Boston. I would much prefer Michael Young to play 3B, and I think we could get him straight up for Beckett.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Boston's biggest holes on the roster is their starting pitchers!!  Already down two spots, and now you are substracting Beckett for the third spots.  Where Boston will find three starting pitchers to fill up a good five man starting rotation.  Boston isnt going to sign CJ Wilson, Buehrle and Edwin Jackson just to fill these three spots!!   Another thing Bucholtz is already being questionable for next season.   I think Bucholtz could possible miss more starts than Beckett for the 2012 season as well Beckett will post a better stats than Bucholtz.  

Why not just to trade Bucholtz instead.  Bucholtz to someone for a infielder and Youkilis to someone for a starting pitcher!!  

Then Boston will have two healthy players in return while they substract two injure proned players!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez : Boston's biggest holes on the roster is their starting pitchers!!  Already down two spots, and now you are substracting Beckett for the third spots.  Where Boston will find three starting pitchers to fill up a good five man starting rotation.  Boston isnt going to sign CJ Wilson, Buehrle and Edwin Jackson just to fill these three spots!!   Another thing Bucholtz is already being questionable for next season.   I think Bucholtz could possible miss more starts than Beckett for the 2012 season as well Beckett will post a better stats than Bucholtz.   Why not just to trade Bucholtz instead.  Bucholtz to someone for a infielder and Youkilis to someone for a starting pitcher!!   Then Boston will have two healthy players in return while they substract two injure proned players!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Well, Beckett's time in a RS uniform has come to an end, IMO. I've never felt he was team player, and frankly, was probably at the core of the clubhouse drinking issues.
    I would have said trade Buch, but I don't believe he will bring anything of value in return, given his questionable back (if it is his back, I think it's more his head).
    With Dice-k returning in June-July, and a signing of Bedard or Buehrle or both, we can get along without Beckett.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Phillies outspend the the Sox when it comes to payroll.  They just signed Paps to a big contract with their can't afford to pay everybody money.  Hamels is a part of arguably the best starting staff in MLB and the Phillies would not trade a front line pitcher for kids from the Sox bountiful minor league stock.  Add to that the fact that it would mean another 12-15 mil 4-5 yr contract for the Sox even if the Phils were idiots and it happened.  There is nobody in the Sox minor leagues that could possibly be of interest to the Phillies for Hamel.

Traven,
    Regardless of current payroll, Phils do have a limit, as well as numerous holes, and an aging team. They have limited assets, and for the next 6-9 months, Hamels is one of very few. They need to make a decision quickly to resign him or lose him for nothing, what with the rules on free agent draft choice compensation surely changing.
    The Phils have already shown their hand on these matters by trading Cliff Lee for J. C. Ramírez, Phillippe Aumont and Tyson Gillies.
    Will they resign Rollins? Who replaces Howard for the first half of the season? Who replaces Ibanez?
    I am not saying that the Sox have the answers to these questions (Ranaudo's size and fast ball are traits that the Phils look for in young players), but I am saying that I feel it is 50/50 that HAmels is moved while he has optimum value, and teams like the Sox and Yanks will line up for a deal.
    Sox have $30mil plus coming off the books this year, with maybe Ortiz also coming off, and Youk and DiceK coming off next. Certainly Sox can afford Hamels, question is will another team trump Sox offer.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Ramirez is the exact opposite of the definition of clutch. He only hit for the Cubs when they were out of contention. Not worth it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

People you don not really want Aramis Ramirez, the same people who are saying sign Ramirez, by July will be hanging him. He is a very lazy self centered player. He is not anyone who I would want to pay top dollar for[or any dollar for].
    The Sox would be wise to sign Beltran, play him in RF, then by June bring up Kalish, put him in RF, and let Beltran DH. Of course that means not signing Ortiz, and getting Beltran to agree to such a idea. By not signing Ortiz the Sox could use that money to sign a top starter. 

Interesting I like the idea.  It make alot of sense.....if Kalish is ready or we have another RF option.