Are We All In Agreement that Drew Should Sit Tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Are We All In Agreement that Drew Should Sit Tomorrow?

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks 2013 season: 17 HR in 348 AB's  ALCS  1 2B 1 Run .330 OPS

S. Drew 2013 season: 13 HR in 442 AB's  ALCS  0 Extra base hits 0 Runs .220 OPS

Bogaerts ALCS  1 2B 1 Run 1.500 OPS

Case close, Middlebrooks starts at 3rd, Bogaerts at SS, S. Drew to the bench as pinch hitter.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.....I'll be shocked though if JF sits Drew though.  His defense at a premium fielding position is very solid and the old saying goes 'Pitching and defense wins in the postseason'.  I hope I'm wrong though and WMB does play.

[/QUOTE]

Hey southpaw - How do 100% of the people disagree with me when Kingface and Fireman agree with me? 

Help me with your math.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Picking on Drew and not Middlebrooks is tedious and indicates a level of irriational hatred based on last names. 

You put Bogarts in at third and sit Middlebrooks. ADG not sure why you wouldn't have presented that as an equally if not more valid option than sitting Drew.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should we bench every hitter who goes 1 for 12 at any given moment in their careers?

I'm not saying I have confidence in Drew's bat: I don't, but still...

[/QUOTE]

Drew has really done bad all season . Some brite spots but very few and far apart. Nothing to lose to sit him the rest of the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should we bench every hitter who goes 1 for 12 at any given moment in their careers?

I'm not saying I have confidence in Drew's bat: I don't, but still...

[/QUOTE]

Drew has really done bad all season . Some brite spots but very few and far apart. Nothing to lose to sit him the rest of the way.

[/QUOTE]

He was one of MLB's best offensive SS this year.

Middlebrooks was one of MLB's worst offensive 3Bmen this year.

Nothing is clear about the choice on which one Bogey replaces tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Picking on Drew and not Middlebrooks is tedious and indicates a level of irriational hatred based on last names. 

You put Bogarts in at third and sit Middlebrooks. ADG not sure why you wouldn't have presented that as an equally if not more valid option than sitting Drew.

[/QUOTE]

Because Middlebrooks has too many letters to enter into the lineup card. He should sit and Drew should play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

I have been on Drew as much as anyone, but tonight I'd sit Middlebrooks.

Drew does have pretty good career numbers against Sanchez:

5/18  .278 Avg.  1 triple 3 RBI  4K  .300 OBP  .389 slug  .689 OPS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Case close, Middlebrooks starts at 3rd, Bogaerts at SS, S. Drew to the bench as pinch hitter.

Agreed.....I'll be shocked though if JF sits Drew though.  His defense at a premium fielding position is very solid and the old saying goes 'Pitching and defense wins in the postseason'.  I hope I'm wrong though and WMB does play.

[/QUOTE]

Hey southpaw - How do 100% of the people disagree with me when Kingface and Fireman agree with me? 

Help me with your math.

[/QUOTE]

Im stating myopinion of what I think should be done.

Drews defense is needed. I could care less about the regular season. But if were going there I think Middy had a lot more issues than Drew.

Middy looks lost again and at least Drew has made some solid contact. Id rather have his defense and him at bat in a big situation. Bogey at 3b.

Splits against righties this year 

Drew 284/377/498 - 876 OPS

WMB 206/244/412 - 656 OPS

No right or wrong ADG, just our opinions. I respect your and your view of things, but respectfully disagree.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Drew is in.

Bogaerts in place of Middlebrooks.

Per WEEI.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Yeah, Farrell has his binky Drew in the lineup and Lester has his binky Ross in the lineup.

Drew batting 7th is a farce. He will continue to stink up the joint.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

No reason to start Ross or Drew. Salty and Bogaerts should start, and Middlebrooks bat should be in there over Drew. Who cares what Drew's unimpressive season splits are, his 2012 and 2013 playoff stats reflect a zero confidence management 9.5 million dollar mercenary albatross!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Sure there is.  Anything you are in favor of baseballwise, a manager would do well to do the opposite.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

Right, like pitching to Ortiz in the 8th inning, 2 outs, up 5-1. 

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me.  No one knows what you would have done because you in fact did nothing.  After the fact, after Ortiz hit the dinger, then you said you would have walked him.  You are a world class hind-sighter, but that's about it. 

Before the ALCS you assured one and all that Ortiz would hit and Napoli couldn't and wouldn't.  Therefore Leyland would always walk Ortiz to get to Napoli.  After four games we now know that Pedroia, who hits before Ortiz, has more walks than Big Papi and that Napoli, who hits after Ortiz, has an ALCS OPS twice that of Ortiz. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

i used Drew as an example for just looking at strike 3, but they're all doing that too much. WMB has looked clueless too. Thought starting XB over Drew wld motivate/ create some good competition between XB & WMB. Maybe this will anyway only later in the series? I'm not a Drew or WMB hater. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

LCS  1 for 12 , 0 Runs, 0 RBIs, 1 BB, 6 K's

Division Series 2 for 15, 1 Run, 2 RBI, 0 BB, 2 K's

Total  3 for 27, 1 Run, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 8 K's

Average  .111

OBA   .143

SLUG  .185

OPS  .328

He is awful at the plate.

Any arguments?

They have to change something because outside of the Ortiz grand slam, the Sox have 4 runs in the other 31 innings, and the Tigers have Sanchez, Scherzer and Verlander coming up.

Except for the fact that Drew is better than MB offensively, and defensively, and on the basepaths, and the fact that MB has not hit since 9/10, and the fact that MB has a .686 v righties, and Drew has an .876 v righties, you'd be absolutely right.

However, since Drew is better in almost every conceivable way, then you're wrong.  If MB was hitting, and Drew wasn't, I'd agree Drew should sit.

But you'll most likely have better fielding and hitting in there with Drew.  If nothing else, he can still field. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Help me with your math.

[/QUOTE]

Im stating myopinion of what I think should be done.

Drews defense is needed. I could care less about the regular season. But if were going there I think Middy had a lot more issues than Drew.

Middy looks lost again and at least Drew has made some solid contact. Id rather have his defense and him at bat in a big situation. Bogey at 3b.

Splits against righties this year 

Drew 284/377/498 - 876 OPS

WMB 206/244/412 - 656 OPS

No right or wrong ADG, just our opinions. I respect your and your view of things, but respectfully disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Understood southpaw. At least Bogaerts is in there. If Drew continues to stink, I fully expect him to sit in Game 6.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Understood southpaw. At least Bogaerts is in there. If Drew continues to stink, I fully expect him to sit in Game 6.

Yup, this I agree with.  The key move is getting Bogaerts in there for one of them.  I prefer Drew over MB since neither are hitting now, but you have better defense with Drew.