AROD's Knee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

AROD's Knee

Third baseman Alex Rodriguez recently traveled to Germany for an experimental therapy called Orthokine on his right knee, reported Mike Puma of the New York Post .  Orthokine is similar to Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, .  The procedure, which was recommended by Kobe Bryant, came with the blessing of the Yankees and the commissioner's office.  Puma explains, "Orthokine involves taking blood from the patient’s arm and spinning it in a centrifuge, a machine used in laboratories to spin objects around a fixed axis. The serum is then injected into the affected area."   Yankees GM Brian Cashman told reporters the procedure was done on Rodriguez's left shoulder as well.  For more on the topic, check out this article from Teri Thompson and Christian Red of the New York Daily News .

Will AROD experience a colon type miracle and rejuvinate his floundering career? Is this treatment not available in the USA. I think mr Arod is up to his old tricks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: AROD's Knee

Alex Rodriguiz, Roger Clemens, Andy PEDitte, Pete Rose, George Steinbrenner - ABOVE THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: AROD's Knee:
    [QUOTE]Alex Rodriguiz, Roger Clemens, Andy PEDitte, Pete Rose, George Steinbrenner - ABOVE THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a solution for JD Drew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah, maybe DJ can get back to his .270/11/64 form ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Maybe Red Sox fans will be more patient with Kevin Youkilis as the 3B.  AROD's knee, if he is having treatment in Germany, may suggest his treatment is not conventional here in the U.S. and the combination of AROD's hip surgery and knee problems tell us like most ballplayers AROD as he gets older is likely to miss more Yankee games.  Just as Posada missed more and more games, did not do much catching and his hitting, even as a DH was not as effective, resulting in Jorge not being signed in his twilight years. The Yankees' experience with Jeter missing more games concerns the Yankees also.  Part of the Red Sox being competitive may include the FO being conscious of players having more injuries as they age.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Red Sox fans will be more patient with Kevin Youkilis as the 3B.  AROD's knee, if he is having treatment in Germany, may suggest his treatment is not conventional here in the U.S. and the combination of AROD's hip surgery and knee problems tell us like most ballplayers AROD as he gets older is likely to miss more Yankee games.  Just as Posada missed more and more games, did not do much catching and his hitting, even as a DH was not as effective, resulting in Jorge not being signed in his twilight years. The Yankees' experience with Jeter missing more games concerns the Yankees also.  Part of the Red Sox being competitive may include the FO being conscious of players having more injuries as they age.   
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

It is conventional here in the USA but the best Doctor in the world is the same one in Germany who treated Kobe and now Arod.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Nice..maybe all the roid wrecks can form a single line at the German Clinic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to AROD's Knee:
    [QUOTE]Third baseman Alex Rodriguez recently traveled to Germany for an experimental therapy called Orthokine on his right knee, reported Mike Puma of the New York Post .  Orthokine is similar to Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, .  The procedure, which was recommended by Kobe Bryant, came with the blessing of the Yankees and the commissioner's office.  Puma explains, "Orthokine involves taking blood from the patient’s arm and spinning it in a centrifuge, a machine used in laboratories to spin objects around a fixed axis. The serum is then injected into the affected area."   Yankees GM Brian Cashman told reporters the procedure was done on Rodriguez's left shoulder as well.  For more on the topic, check out this article from Teri Thompson and Christian Red of the New York Daily News . Will AROD experience a colon type miracle and rejuvinate his floundering career? Is this treatment not available in the USA. I think mr Arod is up to his old tricks.
    Posted by Smartacus[/QUOTE]

Seems MLB gave its blessing, therefore, perhaps this is a non-story except for the fact that A-Rod is old and will never be the player he was. And the Yanks will suffer for that stupid contract that Fat Hank gave him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the AROD contract is the only thing that makes me feel better about the Crawford deal....

Poor Carl is going to have some serious pressure on him this year to make up for last year's disaster...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Third baseman Alex Rodriguez recently traveled to Germany for an experimental therapy called Orthokine on his right knee, reported Mike Puma of the New York Post .  Orthokine is similar to Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, .  The procedure, which was recommended by Kobe Bryant, came with the blessing of the Yankees and the commissioner's office.  Puma explains, "Orthokine involves taking blood from the patient’s arm and spinning it in a centrifuge, a machine used in laboratories to spin objects around a fixed axis. The serum is then injected into the affected area."   Yankees GM Brian Cashman told reporters the procedure was done on Rodriguez's left shoulder as well.  For more on the topic, check out this article from Teri Thompson and Christian Red of the New York Daily News . Will AROD experience a colon type miracle and rejuvinate his floundering career? Is this treatment not available in the USA. I think mr Arod is up to his old tricks.

It's the ghost of Smiley-Beni coming to haunt this chatboard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

MLB approved.  You always have to be suspicious of ARod, but it makes sense to see what comes of it.  We should know pretty quickly if he's legit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to AROD's Knee : It's the ghost of Smiley-Beni coming to haunt this chatboard.
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

That's the last thing we need!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : It is conventional here in the USA but the best Doctor in the world is the same one in Germany who treated Kobe and now Arod.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I believe his name is Dr Galeahofflher

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Yes, I believe his name is Dr Galeahofflher

He was offered a female fertility drug however one of the side effects leaves you with memory loss unable to remember which knee was injured.

The Dominican denial shake another favorite but like the female fertility drug it too was illegal why Arod chose the same legal route that Kobe used..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to AROD's Knee : Seems MLB gave its blessing, therefore, perhaps this is a non-story except for the fact that A-Rod is old and will never be the player he was. And the Yanks will suffer for that stupid contract that Fat Hank gave him.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Alas, MLB will not be there. It does sound a little like Colon, and Kobe is not exactly a stand-up guy himself. Just sayin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : That's the last thing we need!!!
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Yes, "Jr". The last thing a "Sox fan" like yourself needs is someone who has a little fun with the Yankees on the board. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Yes, I believe his name is Dr Galeahofflher

I thought that was the GNC clerk that waited on Papi. Thanks for clearing that up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Yes, "Jr". The last thing a "Sox fan" like yourself needs is someone who has a little fun with the Yankees on the board. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Smarticus responds in kind. I have some early career photos of him with farm animals.

When he was young and struggling and needed money to pay the rent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Yes, "Jr". The last thing a "Sox fan" like yourself needs is someone who has a little fun with the Yankees on the board. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Or a true "Sox fan" like yourself!! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Hopefully Smarticus responds in kind. I have some early career photos of him with farm animals. When he was young and struggling and needed money to pay the rent.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Really, a post like this just invalidates yourself. Don't bother posting anything of substance from this point forward; no one will bother taking it seriously after juvenile garbage like this. If you're Babe, I wouldn't be surprised.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AROD's Knee : Really, a post like this just invalidates yourself. Don't bother posting anything of substance from this point forward; no one will bother taking it seriously after juvenile garbage like this. If you're Babe, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I respond to serious give and take dialogue on baseball with the same.

Hard to take anything from Beni on a serious note.

Not that I really need your approval to comment on a public forum but what I was referring to was doctoring his profile picture with photoshop.

It was a harmless comment

Second of all I know children frequent this site. You need to chill nitwit I've been on this site since 2005 with the same name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

little information on using a patients own blood/white cell/red cell for procedures.My wife has been going though oral surgery and on each occasion the Oral Surgeon takes her own blood before the procedure. Then runs it through a centrifuge to seperate the white cells and then inject them back into the location of the surgery to promote quicker healing and better results.

BTW it has worked extremly well for my wife. Oh yeah he does it here in Sarasota FL not Germany.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Huge long term contracts more often than not will and have buried a franchise at some point.  ARod, CC, Burnett and Teixeira are all perfect examples, just like our CC, Dice, Jenks, Lackey and many others over the years have been for our club.  I think the Yankees have made out quite well with CC, the guy has held up better than I ever expected.  I thought for sure David Wells name would come back to haunt them and maybe still will, but CC has given them some nice years.  Tex?  I was hoping the Sox would get him but I'm glad we didn't, I never expected him to become a below average hitter this quickly, even though the power and production are still there.  ARod has also had some good years but he will never pay the Yankees back for their investment.

The Sox, Dice was a shot in the dark that cost us "big time" financially but we did get some nice return.  The problem is, not enough for the initial investment but hopefully he can make a nice return this season.  CC and Lackey?  Two of the worst pay outs any GM has ever made.  Although I believe CC will be an important part of our club next season the money was insane and like Lackey, no way we ever get the proper return on our investment. 

Where are both the Yanks and Sox this off season?  Watching other teams like the Angels and Rangers make the same mistakes that brought us some success, but nothing close to what we expected.  Have we finally learned from our mistakes?  Hopefully because other teams have proved money doesn't buy championships like the old days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to AROD's Knee : Huge long term contracts more often than not will and have buried a franchise at some point.   ARod, CC, Burnett and Teixeira are all perfect examples, just like our CC, Dice, Jenks, Lackey and many others over the years have been for our club.  I think the Yankees have made out quite well with CC, the guy has held up better than I ever expected.  I thought for sure David Wells name would come back to haunt them and maybe still will, but CC has given them some nice years.  Tex?  I was hoping the Sox would get him but I'm glad we didn't, I never expected him to become a below average hitter this quickly, even though the power and production are still there.  ARod has also had some good years but he will never pay the Yankees back for their investment. The Sox, Dice was a shot in the dark that cost us "big time" financially but we did get some nice return.  The problem is, not enough for the initial investment but hopefully he can make a nice return this season.  CC and Lackey?  Two of the worst pay outs any GM has ever made.  Although I believe CC will be an important part of our club next season the money was insane and like Lackey, no way we ever get the proper return on our investment.  Where are both the Yanks and Sox this off season?   Watching other teams like the Angels and Rangers make the same mistakes that brought us some success, but nothing close to what we expected.  Have we finally learned from our mistakes?   Hopefully because other teams have proved money doesn't buy championships like the old days.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you wrote but the stark reality of the situation is that in order to compete with the better organizations you need to have good front of the rotation pitching.

Wealthy teams like the Yankees and Sox with rabid fanbases will continue to go to the well of the free agent market to gamble on pitching or trade their best prospects in hope of getting the same.

It will never change, for every CC the Yankees have signed there are countless other duds like AJ, Pavano, Jared Wright etc. etc.

Why the Yankees are holding onto Benuelos and Betances who might develope into something special that is if they stay healthy.

You better believe that next season when/if Cole Hamels hits the free agent market that both teams will be aggressive in trying to sign him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Germans add a shot of Schnapps to the blood before it is centrifuged.