As much as I hate to say it, if we want to improve the team...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: As much as I hate to say it, if we want to improve the team...

Papi is a Red Sox for life IMO.  It would be so odd to see him in another uniform.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: As much as I hate to say it, if we want to improve the team...:
    [QUOTE]Papi is a Red Sox for life IMO.  It would be so odd to see him in another uniform.  
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

Like a Twins' uniform?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Do NOT trade Ellsbury. He has another year. Trading your best player for God-know-what is just dumb. How about paying him enough to keep him? Sure beats the usual Sox routine of bad-mouthing him on his way out. I know who his agent is - just pay him enough to make it a non issue. This guy has performed in Boston -- he's worth as much as some of the failures they tossed money at the past few years. The idea that some team will want our broken-down guys is fantasy. The RS will pay teams to take them and not get anything back. We're stuck w this team and the only hope to get out of the cellar is that guys on the DL come back strong. Yes, folks. The only hope is the return of Dice-K and Crawford. That's how bad this is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: As much as I hate to say it, if we want to improve the team...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: As much as I hate to say it, if we want to improve the team... : Like a Twins' uniform?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Aren't the Twins a AAA team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The surest way to improve your team is by trading your best hitter ?  Whatever happened to logic and common sense ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ellsbury is the guy to trade. For the long run, Ellsbury is finished as a member of the Red Sox and will not be another big drag on the payroll.

Once Ellsbury became the everyday player, the Red Sox have been big losers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If the Sox can improve the roster by dealing Ellsbury, I'm all for it. Being that Ellsbury is a Gold Glove center fielder who went .321-32-105 with 39 stolen bases, it'll have to be somebody really, really good.

But where would I find such a man? Why am I asking you?