As Stated Originally the Day he Was Brought Up, Prospects Like Bogearts will Succeed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

As Stated Originally the Day he Was Brought Up, Prospects Like Bogearts will Succeed

WOW. That was long gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: As Stated Originally the Day he Was Brought Up, Prospects Like Bogearts will Succeed

As DAD would say ..............   "SON, how ya going to keep that boy down on the farm" !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: As Stated Originally the Day he Was Brought Up, Prospects Like Bogearts will Succeed

People will see that Xander plays good defense at SS and we all know about that bat. Middy looking better, Lavarnways offense looking good (give him a 1b mit), and hopefully JBJ can have some success soon.

we have some very talented young players. Wtach out MLB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

People will see that Xander plays good defense at SS and we all know about that bat. Middy looking better, Lavarnways offense looking good (give him a 1b mit), and hopefully JBJ can have some success soon.

It's hard to imagine all 4 will become big plus players, but I can't pick one and say he won't be. (Middy, Boggy, JBJ & Lava)

What I am nearly certain of, is that I seriously doubt Ben counts on more than 2 of them to be full-timers next year. I can see him counting on Middy and Boggy, but getting a very capable back-up in case one falters.

I think JBJ will be given a chance to earn a big role on the 2014 team, but will not be handed a FT job before ST.

Even if Salty walks, I think Lava will only play vs LHPs and maybe a little at 1B and DH.

The harder calls are with the young pitchers. With so many veteran starters returning and most of the big relief slots filled, it may be tough for them to break through in 2014. Maybe that's a good thing- no pressure- no rushing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's hard to imagine all 4 will become big plus players, but I can't pick one and say he won't be. (Middy, Boggy, JBJ & Lava)

What I am nearly certain of, is that I seriously doubt Ben counts on more than 2 of them to be full-timers next year. I can see him counting on Middy and Boggy, but getting a very capable back-up in case one falters.

I think JBJ will be given a chance to earn a big role on the 2014 team, but will not be handed a FT job before ST.

Even if Salty walks, I think Lava will only play vs LHPs and maybe a little at 1B and DH.

The harder calls are with the young pitchers. With so many veteran starters returning and most of the big relief slots filled, it may be tough for them to break through in 2014. Maybe that's a good thing- no pressure- no rushing.

[/QUOTE]

My biggest 2014 concern, by far, is catcher.  Hopefully the Sox will somehow sign Salty.  If not, it could be a huge issue....Ross isn't an everyday catcher and will be 37 in March.  Lava is not a realistic option for a 2014 playoff-caliber team IMO, if ever, and Swihart et al are pretty far away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My biggest 2014 concern, by far, is catcher.  Hopefully the Sox will somehow sign Salty.  If not, it could be a huge issue....Ross isn't an everyday catcher and will be 37 in March.  Lava is not a realistic option for a 2014 playoff-caliber team IMO, if ever, and Swihart et al are pretty far away.

[/QUOTE]

I believe the SOX will re-sign Salty; but i also believe their biggest issue is to re-sign Ellsbury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

can XBO play center field next year ?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember when they thought they had enough starting pitching so they traded Arroyo?  You know the old adage about pitching.  Other than Buchholz, it seems they've been fortunate this season with most of the starters making almost all of their starts.  That's more of the exception rather than the rule.  They're not likely to remain that healthy from season to season.  Things change in a flash as we know.  We all knew for sure that the bullpen was deep going into this season but that the closer situation was uncertain.  Now the closer situation is as certain as it's ever going to be, and the rest of the bullpen is thin.

Baseball, especially pitching, is a fickle endeavor.  They should try to hold on to as much as they can.  Having said that, I still wouldn't mind if they found another home for Dempster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You predicted that about the best prospect in the country would be successful?

How is it that BP hasn't signed you up for those brilliant insights?

You should've predicted something a little more difficult, like Iglesias will become a good fielder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Stevie Wonder could see that Xander is gonna hit just fine in the bigs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say ..............   "SON, how ya going to keep that boy down on the farm" !!!

You don't..............that's why he's in the bigs as a MLB player

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

You should've predicted something a little more difficult, like Iglesias will become a good fielder.

Give him some credit, JB.  It's a step in the right direction.  At least he predicted something (or so claims) rather than make one of his patented, angry, hignsighted, critical denounciations of a managerial or organizational move in the form of a rhetorical thread headline question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

Give him some credit, JB.  It's a step in the right direction.  At least he predicted something (or so claims) rather than make one of his patented, angry, hignsighted, critical denounciations of a managerial or organizational move in the form of a rhetorical thread headline question.

[/QUOTE]

No can do.  He is a natural jinx.  He started a thread on the day WMB hit the three HRs, and said that proves all our prospects were ready (granted, I didn't quite understand it).  Anyway, his 'proof' stopped hitting completely that very day.

ADG can not be allowed to say Bogaerts' name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ADG can not be allowed to say Bogaerts' name.

But then again, when he bashes a player, they almost all trun it around and catch on fire: see Napoli, Gomes, Salty, Drew, and on and on...

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

Stevie Wonder could see that Xander is gonna hit just fine in the bigs.

Ummm...XB has played what-10 ML games so far? While he has done well and seems to have the talent to succeed at SS its a little early IMO to annoint him King of SS for us for the next 6 years. I would like to see him play a full season at least in the ML before any judgements are issued about his ML performance. Potential is just that........its not the same as success.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

WOW. That was long gone.

Some prospects don't do well the first time around, look at middy.  You were right on with this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

WOW. That was long gone.

Some prospects don't do well the first time around, look at middy.  You were right on with this one.

WMB has had two separate seasons for us this year. Before he was sent down he was hitting .192/.617. Since he has returned from AAA purgatory he is at .350/.999 coming into today's game. I am sure he will end up somewhere in the middle. I think it was smart of Farrell and Cherington not to delay in sending him down to Pawtucket and then keeping him there for an extended period while he worked out his issues. I am not sure Francona and Epstein would have done the same thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Sorry Bill, but you established earlier this week that HRs hit during blow outs don't count.

Remember?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2013 Farm Leaders:

OPS:

.929 Hassan (Yes, the same guy several posters wanted booted off the 40-man)

.923 M. Betts (also the leader in SLG at .506)

.915 Cecchini (2nd in OBP at .443 to Hassan's .457)

.885 Stefan Welch (Salem)

.865 Bogaerts

Other notables:

Coyle was 2nd in SLG% .500

Brentz was 3rd in SLG% .487 & Butler 4th .479

Brentz & David Chester were first in HRs with 19. Shaw, Coyle & Almanzar had 16 each.

Hassan had the top BA at .338 and Swihart was 4th at .298.

ERA leaders:  Diaz 1.96, B Johnson 2.54, Owens 2.67, Ranaudo 2.96, and Kraus 3.16.

Ks: Owens 169, barnes 142, Ranaudo 127, Haley 124, & Webster 116

K/9: Barnes 11.28, Owens 11.27, Montas 10.12, Webster 9.94, & Workman 9.62

WHIP: Diaz, Webster, Johnson, Owens, Ranaudo

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think it was smart of Farrell and Cherington not to delay in sending him down to Pawtucket and then keeping him there for an extended period while he worked out his issues. I am not sure Francona and Epstein would have done the same thing.

1-You don't really know when they were supposed to demote him, nor do you know when they were supposed to promote him.

2-You also have no basis for knowing whether or not Tito and Theo would've done better, worse, or the same.

3-The roster is not the manager's jurisdiction in any case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I think it was smart of Farrell and Cherington not to delay in sending him down to Pawtucket and then keeping him there for an extended period while he worked out his issues. I am not sure Francona and Epstein would have done the same thing.

1-You don't really know when they were supposed to demote him, nor do you know when they were supposed to promote him.

2-You also have no basis for knowing whether or not Tito and Theo would've done better, worse, or the same.

You missed the point again. There was no date when he was "supposed to" be sent down; it was a decision that was made in a timely manner given the circumstances, as was the decision to promote him again. I agree with the time frame chosen by Farrell and Cherington. Thats right: Cherington AND Farrell. You cannot seriously believe that Cherington operates in a vacumn in these matters. You think Ben one day called Farrell into his office and made the announcement that WMB is going down? Really? Its a team decision with Cherington having the final say.
    No, I do not know what Francona and Theo would have done, as I stated. If you are going to criticize what I post here you should first give what I write a little thought before responding. You have a habit of not doing that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

You missed the point again. There was no date when he was "supposed to" be sent down; it was a decision that was made in a timely manner given the circumstances, as was the decision to promote him again. I agree with the time frame chosen by Farrell and Cherington. Thats right: Cherington AND Farrell. You cannot seriously believe that Cherington operates in a vacumn in these matters. You think Ben one day called Farrell into his office and made the announcement that WMB is going down? Really? Its a team decision with Cherington having the final say.
    No, I do not know what Francona and Theo would have done, as I stated. If you are going to criticize what I post here you should first give what I write a little thought before responding. You have a habit of not doing that.

[/QUOTE]

Ben makes the decisions.  I'm sure he consults with Farrell, but this is Ben's roster.

If you did not know what Theo would've done, then why bring it up?  Why not just bring up the entire universe of people whose thought process you are unaware of?  I think it goes without saying that of the 7,000,000,000 people in this world, you don't know what 7,000,000,000 would have done.

That being the case, why state the obvious?  Why state that you don't know what Theo would've done?  We know you don't know him, so we know that you don't know what he would've done.

Are there any any transactions that we made this year that you would like to announce that you don't know what Theo would've done?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Theo is gone

This is clearly now Ben's team, at least since the Dodger and Farrell trades.

Ben's major deals since the Dodger trade?

Trading Melancon and others for Hanrahan. Cash for Carp.

Signing Victorino, Dempster, Ortiz, Napoli, Drew, Uehara, Gomes, and Ross.

Extending Breslow and Pedroia.

Trading Iggy for Peavy. Mortensen for Berry. Jacobs for Thornton.

JBJ making the opening day roster, but being sent down later.

Middlebrooks being sent down, kept down, then brought back up.

Calling up Boggy before the Spetember call-ups date.

Did I miss anyone?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Ben makes the decisions.  I'm sure he consults with Farrell, but this is Ben's roster.

If you did not know what Theo would've done, then why bring it up?  Why not just bring up the entire universe of people whose thought process you are unaware of?  I think it goes without saying that of the 7,000,000,000 people in this world, you don't know what 7,000,000,000 would have done.

That being the case, why state the obvious?  Why state that you don't know what Theo would've done?  We know you don't know him, so we know that you don't know what he would've done.

Are there any any transactions that we made this year that you would like to announce that you don't know what Theo would've done?

Pretty funny Breidey. This forum is full of people who speculation and conjectures. Why post what Ellsbury might make when no one really knows? Why guess what our final win total might be when no one really knows? Why guess who stays on the roster for 2014, why guess who will be on the playoff roster this year, why speculate what Farrell should do to rest players for the postseason-when no one really knows any of this either. In your never ending zeal to criticize my posts you have assumed an illogical and indefensible position of claiming that I should not speculate what might or might not happen when that is what this forum is all about. Thanks, but I think I will go right on speculating.