assuming BOEGY delivers tonight, who does he permanently replace in the lineup going forward, MIDDY or DREW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

assuming BOEGY delivers tonight, who does he permanently replace in the lineup going forward, MIDDY or DREW?

methinks since drew is a lefty and farrell cant seem to quit him, he'll get his AB.. middy is back to the jabro who was benched and banished to the siberia of the sox system. in fact, i think he plays for mid tonight rather than drewy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: assuming BOEGY delivers tonight, who does he permanently replace in the lineup going forward, MIDDY or DREW?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

methinks since drew is a lefty and farrell cant seem to quit him, he'll get his AB.. middy is back to the jabro who was benched and banished to the siberia of the sox system. in fact, i think he plays for mid tonight rather than drewy!

[/QUOTE]

I also think he'll be in for WMB and Drew plays.  I think it should be the other way around because WMB's potential at the plate is higher than Drew's but I think JF doesn't want to sacrifice defense at short.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: assuming BOEGY delivers tonight, who does he permanently replace in the lineup going forward, MIDDY or DREW?

Sorry.

But Bogaerts is only here to get his feet wet in postseason MLB.

Farrell (if he has any brains...and we know he does) will ride the horses that brought him this far. It would be folly to switch in midstream.

Drew will be at SS. Middlebrooks at 3rd.

I will  be shocked if Middlebrooks sits, unless he has an injury.

This guy is as big a part of the Red Sox future as anyone, it would be a huge blow to his confidence if he is benched in favor of a player with limited experience. Consider also that the entire lineup is not hitting much....you can't bench them all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I think Xander plays for the rest of the games switching between Middlebrooks and Drew depending on the match up.  Ellsbury was a huge spark in the 07 playoffs as a rookie and we need a spark in the offense right now.  The kid Xander hasn't shown any signs of being overwhelmed and should get more looks based on his solid contributions after his call up and good at bats and power he displayed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks 2013 season: 17 HR in 348 AB's  ALCS  1 2B 1 Run .330 OPS

S. Drew 2013 season: 13 HR in 442 AB's  ALCS  0 Extra base hits 0 Runs .220 OPS

Bogaerts ALCS  1 2B 1 Run 1.500 OPS

Note: Middlebrooks has the biggest hit for the Red Sox in the ALCS, the double when the season was nearly over down 5-0 in the 8th with little hope at all until his double started the "miracle" comeback. 

Case close, Middlebrooks starts at 3rd, Bogaerts at SS, S. Drew to the bench as pinch hitter.

[/QUOTE]

Agree - And to think Southpaw said in my thread that 100% of the people disagree with me. Farrell won't disagree with me either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry.

Farrell (if he has any brains...and we know he does) will ride the horses that brought him this far. It would be folly to switch in midstream.

This guy is as big a part of the Red Sox future as anyone, it would be a huge blow to his confidence if he is benched in favor of a player with limited experience. Consider also that the entire lineup is not hitting much....you can't bench them all.

[/QUOTE]

You are so wrong/ Who cares about egos. Drew probably won't be here next year so his ego can get thrown out the window.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Unless he goes 0-4 with 4 K's he should play the rest of the way.

I have a feeling he get 2 or 3 hits and scores a couple of runs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bogey would have to have a very big game to become a starter the rest of the year. I mean even a guy like nava, who produced all year vs RHPs, sat on the bench vs 2 righties in a row.

My guess is Bogey plays 3B tonight and maybe SS Saturday (or vice versa). Depending on what happens, he may end up playing more or less, but I doubt he starts every game or even most games the rest of the way.

I'm not big on making radical changes based on small sample sizes, and yes, 12 ABs is small, but I'm fine with giving Bogey a look. I'm fine with changing the line-up a little bit to create a spark.

The fact is, we now will be facing the best 3 man starter combo in MLB. I'm not expecting lightning in a bottle from any of our left side infielders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drew vs RHP and Bogey vsLHP..case closed.

Drews splits vs RHP are about 200pts higher than WMB. Its really a no brainer IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

You are so wrong/ Who cares about egos. Drew probably won't be here next year so his ego can get thrown out the window.

[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking won't make Bogaerts a superhero overnight.

I agree this kid has potential, but you simply can't finish in first place with a lineup , cruise to the best record in the AL and them suddenly because the whole team has cold bats, put the weight of Red Sox Nation on the shoulders of one rookie and expect miracles.

The best and smartest managers will stay the course and win or lose with the guys who carried the team all season.

Whether you may think this is wrong or right doesn't matter.

Farrell has done an outstanding job and this team has certainly overacheived , even if they do not win another game this year. He risks making himself look dumb if he gambles on a kid with so little experience in place of a proven veteran like Drew ( who although, I've been tough on him has made some dazzling defensive plays in this series already).

Funny thing is, Ortiz has only one hit in the series, yet nobody wants to bench him. Nor should they. 

I would send out my best lineup and live or die with that. It is the only logical course of action.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Proven veterans don't have the 2012 and 2013 post season numbers Drew has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No manager "overachieves" with the payroll these labor lushes have!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Farrell has his binky Drew in the lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hey, If a 200+ point difference vs RHP wont change anyones mind, then I dont know what to tell you.

Im not bias because I like Drew as Ive already suggested he sit vs LHP. But we are talking about a 200+ point difference in OPS vs RHP...200+ points!!!

Middy sits vs RHP and Xander and Middy play vs.LHP.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If his 2012 and 2013 post season numbers won't change your mind, I can't help you or Ben. I feel sorry for Manager John, who can't be behind this move. And Drew getting a rare hit doesn't change anything, either. He better slug the ball out or deep in the gaps when runners get on!!!!!!!!!!

Everyones numbers are down this PS, thats why I go with platoons. I could care less about Drews 2012 PS numbers after returning from his injury.

Looks like Manager John feels the same way as me, with Xander taking Middys place tonight.

why all the exclamation points man? No need to get all up in arms about whos going to platoon in the 8 hole ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

Note: Middlebrooks has the biggest hit for the Red Sox in the ALCS, the double when the season was nearly over down 5-0 in the 8th with little hope at all until his double started the "miracle" comeback. 

Case close, Middlebrooks starts at 3rd, Bogaerts at SS, S. Drew to the bench as pinch hitter.

[/QUOTE]

The biggest hit was Ortiz's dinger, period. And, as I recall, Ellsbury drew a walk, Pedroia singled, and all three of them scored on the grandslam.  If Ellsbury or Pedroia makes an out, game is over. 

Plus you need to work on your math skills.  If you are down 5-0, a grandslam does not tie the score.  The score at the end of 7 was 5-1, Detroit.  And let's not forget the two big hits in the 9th by Gomes and Salty to actually produce the gamewinner.  As for the hope department, you ignored Vic's single and Pedroia's double in the 6th to score the Sox first run. 

Statistically, the better choice is Drew because he has a much higher WAR than Middlebrooks, plus he is a lefty and more likely, finally, to click against those righty Detroit starters. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Zilla - Are you shocked?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The biggest hit was Ortiz's dinger, period. And, as I recall, Ellsbury drew a walk, Pedroia singled, and all three of them scored on the grandslam.  If Ellsbury or Pedroia makes an out, game is over. 

Plus you need to work on your math skills.  If you are down 5-0, a grandslam does not tie the score.  The score at the end of 7 was 5-1, Detroit.  And let's not forget the two big hits in the 9th by Gomes and Salty to actually produce the gamewinner.  As for the hope department, you ignored Vic's single and Pedroia's double in the 6th to score the Sox first run. 

Statistically, the better choice is Drew because he has a much higher WAR than Middlebrooks, plus he is a lefty and more likely, finally, to click against those righty Detroit starters. 

[/QUOTE]

So if Ellsbury's walk and Pedroia's single were important, what about the leadoff hit by Middlebrooks? More important that what Drew has done? WAR means nothing now son.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

where's my cookie, knew it would b for middy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Case close, Middlebrooks starts at 3rd, Bogaerts at SS, S. Drew to the bench as pinch hitter."

I was right and you were wrong. 

LOL, it's fun to be this petty, I can see why you like to have these playground contests.

p.s. GREAT WIN!!!!!