AT 15 & 18, TODAY IS THE START OF THE NEW RED SOX.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AT 15 & 18, TODAY IS THE START OF THE NEW RED SOX.........

THATS IF TITO PUTS THE NEW "ALL WORLD SS" IN TODAYS STARTING LINE-UP !!   WHAT SAY YOU ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: AT 15 & 18, TODAY IS THE START OF THE NEW RED SOX.........

I say Im with you Bill!! Bring on the Kid!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Gee can't we send him back down?  I'd like Lowrie to have a chance to win the full time job, Jed should be given at least another 2 or 3 seasons to sew it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ok , but don't complain if the kid can't hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to AT 15 & 18, TODAY IS THE START OF THE NEW RED SOX.........:
    [QUOTE]  THATS IF TITO PUTS THE NEW "ALL WORLD SS" IN TODAYS STARTING LINE-UP !!   WHAT SAY YOU ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

It would be a travesty and a mistake to bench Lowrie now to let "the kid" play...

...On the other hand, the FO shouldn't be promoting him unless they were planning to play him, since it also makes no sense to have "the kid" sitting on the bench in the majors when he should be playing everyday in the minors.

What is it with the Red Sox and the SS position...they haven't been able to get it right since trading Nomah in 2004.

THE JOB IS LOWRIE'S - LET IT BE FOR NOW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd rather have a .225 hitter with a gold glove at SS than a CA with .010 batting average and an arm and set of legs made of cement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: AT 15 & 18, TODAY IS THE START OF THE NEW RED SOX.........:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather have a .225 hitter with a gold glove at SS than a CA with .010 batting average and an arm and set of legs made of cement.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Who is this player you are referring to?? In no way do either Lowrie or Scutaro fall under this classification. Maybe you are talking about Jeter or something????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

If the Sox intend to give Iglesias some playing time, Terry has some juggling to do. Against lefties Youk could be moved to DH and Lowrie  to third, but that takes Papi's bat out of the lineup. I'm assuming that Lowrie will continue as the regular SS. Maybe Terry will give Iglesias a start here and there, but that takes Lowrie's bat out of the lineup.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

CA = Catcher, pay attention.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bud-Black. Show Bud-Black's posts

I'll trade you Heath Bell, Brad Hawpe and Ryan Ludwick for Kevin Youkilis

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No way!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]CA = Catcher, pay attention.

Excuse me old wise one...but what does a "Catcher" have to do with bringing up Iglesias and playing him at SS?? Pay Attention!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Another poster mentioned "Ok , but don't complain if the kid can't hit." and thus I was retorting on that post - if we can accept having a useless catcher hitting sub .100 I would just as soon have Igle fielding a mean glove and a low average...  anyhow:  PAY ATTENTION! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have a .225 hitter with a gold glove at SS than a CA with .010 batting average and an arm and set of legs made of cement.

REALLY?!?!?!?!

I think we have the .225 BA covered 10 ways to Sunday!!!!!!!!

If anybody really thinks that our big problems
    are coming from the current SS situation.....
    i.e. Lowrie.......  I honest to God don't know what you're smoking?????

NOW!!!  If you're wanting to use the kid to give   Yuke, pedey, A-Gon, & .....  Lowrie a rest to clear their heads?????  OK!  I'm in on that :)

Use him as the de facto Scutaro???  OK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Another poster mentioned " Ok , but don't complain if the kid can't hit." and thus I was retorting on that post - if we can accept having a useless catcher hitting sub .100 I would just as soon have Igle fielding a mean glove and a low average...  anyhow:  PAY ATTENTION!  

That's fine that you are on board if the kid is great glove, no stick. I'm not against that myself. I won't complain if his glove is stellar but his bat is weak. I hope all Iglesias' proponents will back him no matter what. This remains to be seen.
    The catcher comment really has nothing to do with this. The Sox no longer have great defense at catcher and I wish they had signed a strong defensive catcher. Tek should only be a backup at this point in his career. Theo messed up on this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Another poster mentioned " Ok , but don't complain if the kid can't hit." and thus I was retorting on that post - if we can accept having a useless catcher hitting sub .100 I would just as soon have Igle fielding a mean glove and a low average...  anyhow:  PAY ATTENTION!  

Geesh man...maybe you should respond to THAT post then like I am doing here...it's actually quite simple if you're paying attention!!

In any event, so you are OK with adding a 2nd non-productive bat to a line-up that is struggling offensively right now - especually considering that you are NOT REPLACING the catchers having to bat and hit .100 by adding Iglesias to the line-up and hit the same...making it more anemic. But then again if you were paying attention you would know that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No I was making light of the fact management seems ok with Tek doing nothing productive - so why they heck not ad another weak bat because at least that player will be productive with a glove....  geesh.

PAY ATTENTION!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]No I was making light of the fact management seems ok with Tek doing nothing productive - so why they heck not ad another weak bat because at least that player will be productive with a glove....  geesh. PAY ATTENTION!

So if I am paying attention correctly, your solution to a problem is to compound it?? Nice, good thinking!!

I guess I should only respond to your posts when they make an ounce of sense, got it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I am under the impression that with Iglesias is only here as a back up to Lowrie while Scutaro is on the DL.

He may get some starts, but he is not taking the posistion full time.  What else would anyone do?