At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog

From Yahoo.com:

If you thought paying $7 for a hot dog at the ballpark was outrageous, you might want to get out the defibrillator.

The Brockton Rox hope to break the Guinness World Record for most expensive dog by serving an $80, half-pound behemoth, covered in decadent toppings you won't even find at some Michelin-starred restaurants. The Massachusetts-based member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball will roll out the extravagant frankfurter on July 23 -- National Hot Dog Day.

The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe.

This offering will certainly put the Rox on the map. For those outside of the Boston area, the team name is a tribute to the Red Sox. And although you probably aren't familiar with anyone on the roster, the Rox are managed by famed Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner.

"What better way to celebrate National Hot Dog Day than with a new twist on a ballpark favorite," says club CEO Chris Carminucci.

No pictures of the frank are available yet, because the caviar isn't due in until next week. (Hate it when that happens!) But if you're anywhere in the Brockton area when the Rox take on the Newark Bears next Saturday, this ballpark frank is not to be missed.

Now let's see if Joey Chestnut shows up and drops $5000 for 62 of these bad boys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog

Thanks EdithBunker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog:
    [QUOTE]Thanks EdithBunker.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You're welcome softlaw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Your a bore - and u have resorted to over boring thread ideas. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If  you don't like what I post,don't read it.It's not that hard to figure out.In fact,it's so easy a caveman can do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Like I said,don't read my posts.Problem solved.I'm going to put you on ignore now because you're not worth my time and/or energy.See,it's easy to solve a problem.
    Enjoy trying to become the board dictator. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What I cannot hear you? Did you say something?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Brockton?

Really?

I remember driving through that dump years ago.

I would never expect Brockton to be the home of the $80 hot dog.

This sounds more like a yuppie thing suitable for Cape Cod.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ummm...1/2 pound of ground chicken lips and pig testes for only $80.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo.com: If you thought paying $7 for a hot dog at the ballpark was outrageous, you might want to get out the defibrillator. The Brockton Rox hope to break the Guinness World Record for most expensive dog by serving an $80, half-pound behemoth, covered in decadent toppings you won't even find at some Michelin-starred restaurants. The Massachusetts-based member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball will roll out the extravagant frankfurter on July 23 -- National Hot Dog Day. The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe. This offering will certainly put the Rox on the map. For those outside of the Boston area, the team name is a tribute to the Red Sox. And although you probably aren't familiar with anyone on the roster, the Rox are managed by famed Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner. "What better way to celebrate National Hot Dog Day than with a new twist on a ballpark favorite," says club CEO Chris Carminucci. No pictures of the frank are available yet, because the caviar isn't due in until next week. (Hate it when that happens!) But if you're anywhere in the Brockton area when the Rox take on the Newark Bears next Saturday, this ballpark frank is not to be missed. Now let's see if Joey Chestnut shows up and drops $5000 for 62 of these bad boys
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Neat story, Mojo ...

Fantasy Baseball
    Fantasy Hot Dog

Wheeeee .....

I know I won't feel bad about buying a pack of Os.Myr. All Angus Hot Dogs for $4.69 ....

:o)

And I love hot dogs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to At the Ball Park- An $80.00 Hot Dog:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo.com: If you thought paying $7 for a hot dog at the ballpark was outrageous, you might want to get out the defibrillator. The Brockton Rox hope to break the Guinness World Record for most expensive dog by serving an $80, half-pound behemoth, covered in decadent toppings you won't even find at some Michelin-starred restaurants. The Massachusetts-based member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball will roll out the extravagant frankfurter on July 23 -- National Hot Dog Day. The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe. This offering will certainly put the Rox on the map. For those outside of the Boston area, the team name is a tribute to the Red Sox. And although you probably aren't familiar with anyone on the roster, the Rox are managed by famed Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner. "What better way to celebrate National Hot Dog Day than with a new twist on a ballpark favorite," says club CEO Chris Carminucci. No pictures of the frank are available yet, because the caviar isn't due in until next week. (Hate it when that happens!) But if you're anywhere in the Brockton area when the Rox take on the Newark Bears next Saturday, this ballpark frank is not to be missed. Now let's see if Joey Chestnut shows up and drops $5000 for 62 of these bad boys
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

At that price, they ought to have Joey Chestnut personally autograph each frank with a squeeze mustard container. 

12. This post has been removed.